Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/bruce-willis-dementia-aphasia-retire-1235525599/

After Bruce Willis’ family announced in March 2022 that the 67-year old actor had been diagnosed with aphasia and would retire from acting, his condition has now progressed into frontotemporal dementia.

His family posted a statement on Thursday about Willis’ latest diagnosis.

“Since we announced Bruce’s diagnosis of aphasia in spring 2022, Bruce’s condition has progressed and we now have a more specific diagnosis: frontotemporal dementia (known as FTD). Unfortunately, challenges with communication are just one symptom of the disease Bruce faces. While this is painful, it is a relief to finally have a clear diagnosis,” his family wrote in a statement on the Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration’s website.

Anyone who has dealt with dementia knows what a horrible and debilitating disease it is. I’m glad the world got to enjoy some of his iconic performances in his prime.

What is your favourite Bruce Willis movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

gently caress off wizard master

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I actually met Bruice Willis a long time ago during a conference on stuttering. As someone who suffers from stuttering he is very relatable and a very down to earth human being.

It sucks to hear that about him though. I wish him the best.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he should come out of retirement and film a few more die hard movies before it gets too bad

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Fifth Element

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'm more upset that his dipshit talentless kids are gonna sponge off his legacy for the next 50 years to get film roles they really don't deserve

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

haljordan posted:

I'm more upset that his dipshit talentless kids are gonna sponge off his legacy for the next 50 years to get film roles they really don't deserve

the american dream :patriot:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This is Mike Stoklasas fault

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

W I Z A R D M A S T E R
I
Z
A
R
D
M
A
S
T
E
R

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Also Bruce was really fuckin good in Death Becomes Her

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hudson Hawk

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
The fifth element, obviously

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Smugworth posted:

Hudson Hawk

Featuring Lattimer from THE PROGRAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOuAh22Ui68

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Oh and whatever movie has a glimpse of his wang, pulp fiction was pretty dope

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Juice Trillis

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i enjoy quite a few bruce willis movies it is honestly hard to pick a favorite, but im going to go with 12 monkeys

also hudson hawk for the songs (he wrote them)

moparacker
May 8, 2007

Turn him into a meat popsicle now and then thaw out when there's a cure.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

haljordan posted:

Also Bruce was really fuckin good in Death Becomes Her

:hmmyes:

I remember seeing him on Moonlighting when my mom had control of the TV.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Death Becomes Her

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I've always had a soft spot for The Whole Nine Yards. Really he's got a ton of great movies though. I'm sure he's got some duds out there but for someone so prolific he's got a really high hit rate. Hope he enjoys whatever time he has left :smith:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

I've always had a soft spot for The Whole Nine Yards. Really he's got a ton of great movies though. I'm sure he's got some duds out there but for someone so prolific he's got a really high hit rate. Hope he enjoys whatever time he has left :smith:

I mean any really high profile actor is gonna have a dud or two on their resume. I don't begrudge anybody for taking a crazy high seven/eight figure paycheck for like 2 months of work.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

He's had dementia for years and whoever is taking care of him has been having him do lovely movies for cash for years. He can't even remember his lines so he wears an ear piece. None of this is new if you have watched anything he's done in the last 5 years or read the Red Letter Media (rlm) thread in gbs. They are all really sad and obvious cash grabs from a man who has no idea what is going on. It's usually a few lines from a confused person and they just ram it into their poo poo film to get 60 year olds to rent the movie from redbox

Fifth element
Hudson hawk
Die hard
Pulp fiction

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I guess he’ll never “get to da choppa” now :(

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

This sucks. Death comes for us all. Something something tell your loved ones you love them while you can.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

Anyone who has dealt with dementia knows what a horrible and debilitating disease it is.

My uncle died of dementia, he was a miserable piece of poo poo his entire life, his children didn't even come to say goodbye to him. The best part of his dementia is when he lost the ability to be abusive to his family.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Y'all act like the wiz is trollin but nobody answers the drat question

Wizard Master posted:

What is your favourite Bruce Willis movie?

Sixth Sense

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wendigee posted:

He's had dementia for years and whoever is taking care of him has been having him do lovely movies for cash for years. He can't even remember his lines so he wears an ear piece. None of this is new if you have watched anything he's done in the last 5 years or read the Red Letter Media (rlm) thread in gbs. They are all really sad and obvious cash grabs from a man who has no idea what is going on. It's usually a few lines from a confused person and they just ram it into their poo poo film to get 60 year olds to rent the movie from redbox

I’ve always thought the aphasia diagnosis was related dementia because of what you described, but I’m not a neurologist. Sucks for him to go out like this, though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Three Olives posted:

My uncle died of dementia, he was a miserable piece of poo poo his entire life, his children didn't even come to say goodbye to him. The best part of his dementia is when he lost the ability to be abusive to his family.

Same, except for my grandma. She was a terrible person all her life, now she can barely function over a lizard yet she continues to suck resources from my mom's family in which 2 out 4 kids turned out to be failpeople.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

I’ve always thought the aphasia diagnosis was related dementia because of what you described, but I’m not a neurologist. Sucks for him to go out like this, though.

I dunno what that means, but it does seem like he was being used to make money because he wasn't really sure what was going on.

His family, with power of attorney, seemed to be doing some sick poo poo.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 17, 2023

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Three Olives posted:

shut the gently caress up

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Who’s bruce willis

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Tragic to learn this because I just recently learned about his cartoon and submitted a spec script fir a reboot
Really hope his kids are still able to milk him, this is my ticket to the big show

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Death Becomes Her

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
He's still smarter that you, W I Z A R D M A S T E R

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He's still smarter that you, W I Z A R D M A S T E R

I'm just quoting it because of the dichotomy of "he's smarter than wizard Master" and you somehow misspell "than"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:yeshaha:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Any reason you’re taking your pants down, Bruce? Let’s go sit on the toilet for a minute.

Okay Bruce, you’re sitting on a toilet right now. Try to go to the bathroom. Give a good push, Bruce, try to go to the bathroom. You’re sitting on a toilet right now, Bruce. Try to go to the bathroom.

Alright Bruce, put both hands on this bar here and then stand up. I’m gonna wipe your bottom real quick and then we can get your pants pulled up

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

Who’s bruce willis

Not even Bruce Willis knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

*bruce Willis tries to walk off with his pants still down and bottom covered in poop*