Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dicere posted:

I watched a few of the most recent cash grabs where he's got an earpiece in. They're definitely bad movies, but he was still with it enough to hit his marks and say his lines -sometimes it seemed like he was having some fun with it. Probably took all of a day to shoot. I'm nowhere near close enough to the situation to know for sure, but him doing those lovely movies might have been decent mental exercise even if he and everyone else knew those faculties were on their way out. That's certainly what I hope for him.

Apocalypse for the PS1 was rad as gently caress.

Yeah they definitely shot all his scenes first and he probably got paid high 7 figures for one 12 hour day of work, not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
drat, that sucks

anyway, what's going on with bruce willis lately?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Budzilla posted:

gently caress the haters. Die Hard 3 owns. Too bad they didn't use the alternative ending

Huh? I always thought the general consensus is that the third film is equal to the first one, and I agree; it’s a hell of a fun movie. It’s the second movie that’s kind of bleh when talking of the first three. Live Free or Die Hard was a step up from 2, and the less that can be said of the last film, the better. It sucked butts.

Also, Death Becomes Her rules.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

3 is pretty fun but its not even close to the first one, which is easily one of the best action movies of all time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Fifth element is better

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Lost an Uncle a few years ago to something similar, he died in his early 60's after showing signs in his mid 50's. He was a hard working, successful, super nice guy who went through a lot of poo poo (was a single parent, suffered from chronic insomnia). He supported his parents and siblings financially after he got a well paying job for years and was the lynchpin keeping my dad's side of the family together. He eventually lost all ability to speak or take care of himself at all. It's loving bullshit and a horrible way to go; my prayers go out to Bruce and his family.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Colonel Cancer posted:

Fifth element is better

this is true, where else can you get chris tucker in drag, gary oldman doing his best bugs bunny impersonation and tommy "tiny" lister as the president?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

TK8325 posted:

this is true, where else can you get chris tucker in drag, gary oldman doing his best bugs bunny impersonation and tommy "tiny" lister as the president?

ZERO STONES, ZERO CRATES!!!!!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i bet wizard mester gave me this fuckin avatar

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Buce posted:

i bet wizard mester gave me this fuckin avatar

Buce Willis

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Caesar Saladin posted:

3 is pretty fun but its not even close to the first one, which is easily one of the best action movies of all time.

Well I like 3 enough to compare it equally to the first, so nanny nanny boo boo there :colbert:

Also, have we all forgotten The Last Boy Scout? “Why did Mr. Milo cross the road? Because his dick was stuck in a chicken!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

Well I like 3 enough to compare it equally to the first, so nanny nanny boo boo there :colbert:

Also, have we all forgotten The Last Boy Scout? “Why did Mr. Milo cross the road? Because his dick was stuck in a chicken!

"Joe if we go any faster, we're gonna travel back in time."

"Bom means gently caress you in Polish" is definitely the best line in that movie though

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It was funny how they edited out the "I hate n-words" sign for the tv release to "i hate everybody," which honestly wouldn't have worked the same way at all.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

haljordan posted:

"Bom means gently caress you in Polish" is definitely the best line in that movie though

“It doesn’t look like a bomb, it looks like an apple with lines comin’ out of it! They’re gonna say, ‘don’t open the briefcase, it’s full of fresh fruit!’”

That movie has a lot of great lines.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
His body is actively trying to forget the Return of Bruno album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwE8cbYlNU

Wee fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 17, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

he was good in chronicles of riddick

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
His only good role was in Moonlighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPZI9aQLhgk

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
He was also in that baffling movie version of Breakfast of Champions.

Dementia really is horrible. I wish there was some legal way to throw in my will if I get it, just put me down.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

It was funny how they edited out the "I hate n-words" sign for the tv release to "i hate everybody," which honestly wouldn't have worked the same way at all.

That's actually what was on the sandwich board when they filmed the scene (since they didn't want to piss off an rear end load of passerbys). It was digitally changed to the n-word for the movie, and the TV version just used the original footage.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Wizard Master posted:

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/bruce-willis-dementia-aphasia-retire-1235525599/

After Bruce Willis’ family announced in March 2022 that the 67-year old actor had been diagnosed with aphasia and would retire from acting, his condition has now progressed into frontotemporal dementia.

His family posted a statement on Thursday about Willis’ latest diagnosis.

“Since we announced Bruce’s diagnosis of aphasia in spring 2022, Bruce’s condition has progressed and we now have a more specific diagnosis: frontotemporal dementia (known as FTD). Unfortunately, challenges with communication are just one symptom of the disease Bruce faces. While this is painful, it is a relief to finally have a clear diagnosis,” his family wrote in a statement on the Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration’s website.

Anyone who has dealt with dementia knows what a horrible and debilitating disease it is. I’m glad the world got to enjoy some of his iconic performances in his prime.

What is your favourite Bruce Willis movie?

No poo poo, you loving ghoul coward. It was news months ago but you're too loving stupid to notice. In case you missed my intentions, gently caress OFF.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

so, when does he get his modship?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Dicere posted:

Apocalypse for the PS1 was rad as gently caress.

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lta91l7z1KM

You need some more lead in your diet! :hellyeah:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

You Are A Elf posted:

Huh? I always thought the general consensus is that the third film is equal to the first one, and I agree; it’s a hell of a fun movie. It’s the second movie that’s kind of bleh when talking of the first three.
You are 95% correct here. The first movie is marginally better but there are lots people out there that don't like 3. These people are bad. It really is a fun movie.

But Bruce Willis' magnum opus is Look Who's Talking, that barely scratches out his cameo in Loaded Weapon 1.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Bruce Willis x Jack Nicholson x Dan Rather interview would be sick

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Time to reboot Die Hard. Starring, i dunno, Toby Jones

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Or maybe a woman. Men are gonna poo poo

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

They made Die Hard woke

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Armageddon.

It holds up. A genuine rollercoaster. Kicked my rear end.

Dynastocles fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 17, 2023

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Died Hard its just Die Hard almost shot for shot, and its the girl from Last of Us and shes also undead

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander posted:

Who’s bruce willis

bruce willis my balls XD

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

This really sucks. Bruce Willis seemed like a realllllly weird dude, but I haven't heard anything too terrible about him. Nobody deserves to go out that way tho.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Fifth Element is a better adaptation of Harry Canyon than the one in Heavy Metal by thousands of nautical miles.

Such a good movie, and a whole hell of a lot of that credit is due to Mr. Willis.

My grandpa died of Alzheimer's on Christmas Eve somewhere ~15 years after being diagnosed, gently caress dementia.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Cowslips Warren posted:

He was also in that baffling movie version of Breakfast of Champions.

Dementia really is horrible. I wish there was some legal way to throw in my will if I get it, just put me down.

A Goon Anti-dementia Pact? Euthanasia Secret Santa? ToxxClause Therapy? DNR Gang tags

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Budzilla posted:

You are 95% correct here. The first movie is marginally better but there are lots people out there that don't like 3. These people are bad. It really is a fun movie.

But Bruce Willis' magnum opus is Look Who's Talking, that barely scratches out his cameo in Loaded Weapon 1.

That movie made a mind boggling amount of money

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I remember being so concerned for the fate of Brucie in Pulp Fiction, probably because he was a "proper" movie star. But why should I care? Butch is not the good guy, he's a lying swindler who gleefully killed another boxer and ran away.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Ziv Zulander posted:

Who’s bruce willis

Archer666 posted:

Not even Bruce Willis knows

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Chrpno posted:

I remember being so concerned for the fate of Brucie in Pulp Fiction, probably because he was a "proper" movie star. But why should I care? Butch is not the good guy, he's a lying swindler who gleefully killed another boxer and ran away.

hey if the other guy was a better boxer, he'd still be alive.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

We live in a world where heroes like driftingmouse are locked away in kitty jail, but criminals like Wizard Master walk the street in broad daylight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The podcast “haileywood” covers the time bruce willis went to a small town in rural idaho, put a bunch of money into revitalizing the town, and made a huge mansion there. Then he just vanished and stopped putting any money into the town.

Turns out the whole thing was him trying to make a storybook town for demi moore and when their marriage blew up, all of the wind went out of his sails and he stopped caring about trying to save this little town