Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

rotinaj posted:

The podcast “haileywood” covers the time bruce willis went to a small town in rural idaho, put a bunch of money into revitalizing the town, and made a huge mansion there. Then he just vanished and stopped putting any money into the town.

Turns out the whole thing was him trying to make a storybook town for demi moore and when their marriage blew up, all of the wind went out of his sails and he stopped caring about trying to save this little town

He wanted to build a giant airport in Sun Valley so he wouldn't have to suffer the indignity of riding a bus if flights got canceled

https://jalopnik.com/nobody-knows-why-bruce-willis-is-building-such-a-big-ai-1826289846

(from the comments)

quote:

I’m an airline pilot and I am also one of the few captains qualified to fly into the Hailey aka Ketchum aka Sun Valley airport. We routinely fly a lot of rich assholes up there. However because of the specific challenges of flying into a box canyon, the minimums for approaches can be quite high leading to a lot of either cancelled flights or diverts to Twin Falls, or sometimes we just fly straight to Twin Falls and bus them to Sun Valley. Let me tell you, rich assholes do not like taking the bus. Sometimes they have to take the bus to Twin to get anywhere when they leave too. Can you imagine some Los Angeleno up for the weekend because Sundance is sooo over it and can you believe we had to take a bus! The indignity!

Anyway, this airport is out on the flat plains like Twin but closer and now all the rich peoples can fly in no problems.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Giving Bruce Willis an increasingly bizarre selection of hats to wear and now he is wearing the Carmen Miranda hat and smiling. Bruce Willis likes this hat but it's your job to prevent him from eating the fruit on top. The fruit is not real. Please protect Bruce Willis.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I think there’s a good chance Bruce is purposely doing this so people will leave him alone, and he can continue to be a huge rear end in a top hat without repercussions.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Bruce Willis Ice Cream Day is tomorrow. Let him sample the flavors and he will point to his choice. Give him as much time as he needs to choose. He can not have chocolate. Do not bring him to Cold Stone Creamery, where there will be singing. Then, take Bruce Willis to the ducks and bring the stale bagels.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

W I Z A R D M A S T E R
I
Z
A
R
D
M
A
S
T
E
R

Re Bruce Willis, it appears from what Kevin Smith said about him in his book that though he was a good actor most of the time, he could also be a completely heartless self-centered lazy rear end in a top hat to a director for the entire shooting of a movie.

Anyway :rip:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Take the Carmen Miranda hat while Bruce Willis eats his ice cream. The hat is dangerous. Provide the fedora (blue or brown) in its place. Bruce Willis can wear the Die Hard t-shirt but try to prevent ice cream stains.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

rotinaj posted:

The podcast “haileywood” covers the time bruce willis went to a small town in rural idaho, put a bunch of money into revitalizing the town, and made a huge mansion there. Then he just vanished and stopped putting any money into the town.

Turns out the whole thing was him trying to make a storybook town for demi moore and when their marriage blew up, all of the wind went out of his sails and he stopped caring about trying to save this little town
I knew some people in Sun Valley, and by all accounts Bruce Willis was an absolute prick to "the help" there.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I think there’s a good chance Bruce is purposely doing this so people will leave him alone, and he can continue to be a huge rear end in a top hat without repercussions.

Dang....yes it's this

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is he known for being a method actor?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

20 Blunts posted:

Dang....yes it's this

Bonus points if this is coming out to beat a real bad story about him that is about to drop

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

cat botherer posted:

I knew some people in Sun Valley, and by all accounts Bruce Willis was an absolute prick to "the help" there.

Podcast agreed, he had a group of bodyguards acting like secret police and poo poo in the story they told

I bet that was a tenth if the hosed up stuff that happened

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
In 20 years when I am addled with aphasia and dementia I would like to wear a Carmen Miranda hat with real fruit, please and thank you

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
remember that one movie where they showed his willis

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
"color of night" i think it was

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

bruce willis was like, really cool, in pulp fiction

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I can't get through 20 minutes of Hudson Hawk but I still love that terrible horrible movie.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Has everyone forgotten Moonlighting?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlighting_(TV_series)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Lolie posted:

Has everyone forgotten Moonlighting?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlighting_(TV_series)

Bruce Willis sure did!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

The Human Crouton posted:

I can't get through 20 minutes of Hudson Hawk but I still love that terrible horrible movie.

It's one of those movies you can't believe actually was made.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Archer666 posted:

Bruce Willis sure did!

No post in this thread is gonna top this one

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Watched Fifth Element followed by Sixth Sense tonight. Good stuff

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Archer666 posted:

Bruce Willis sure did!

Forums poster with the most pinchable cheekl

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Wendigee posted:

He's had dementia for years and whoever is taking care of him has been having him do lovely movies for cash for years. He can't even remember his lines so he wears an ear piece. None of this is new if you have watched anything he's done in the last 5 years or read the Red Letter Media (rlm) thread in gbs. They are all really sad and obvious cash grabs from a man who has no idea what is going on. It's usually a few lines from a confused person and they just ram it into their poo poo film to get 60 year olds to rent the movie from redbox

oh no you were right

that's a lot of terrible movies to end his career with

:smith:

edit: welp, guess it doesn't seem too bad to get that much money for a day or two worth of work

quote:

Someone on another thread a while ago responded to one of my comments saying they had worked on a few of these direct to DVD Bruce Willis movies.

They said they do “Bruce Willis Days” which are the only day or two that Bruce works on the film. They condense all of his scenes into mammoth full 22-24 hour days. Bruce then shows up with zero enthusiasm, goes through the motions and makes the crew basically kill themselves so he can be in and out on his private jet. And then for one days work he gets like $1-2 million. But they get to slap his face on the poster and the movie gets a little recognition.

Once you know this you can see that all his scenes take place in like 2 locations and all the action scenes are clearly stunt guys, sometimes entire conversations a filmed with clear standins shot only on the characters back.

quote:

He gets paid $3mill for 2 days work. That's his standard fee. He walked away from Expendables 3 cos they'd only pay him $1mill per day.

He'll only work for 8 hours a day and has a hard out. That's not 8 hours of shooting. That's the day -- make up, lunch, as well as the shoot. And the hard out means once you hit 8 hours, he's walking, whether he's in the middle of a scene or not.

And those 16 hours must result in 20mins of footage that can be used. Contractually, they're obligated to have Bruce in at least 20 mins of the movie.

Matt Eskandari (he's made 3 of these movies with Willis) spoke about it on the filmmakers podcast.

coke fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 18, 2023

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Shitposting aside, I do feel really :smith: about it cause I always enjoyed Willis' acting. Felt that he always brought a charm to every movie he was in that none of the other big action stars at the time had.

coke posted:

oh no you were right

that's a lot of terrible movies to end his career with

edit: welp, guess it doesn't seem too bad to get that much money for a day or two worth of work

I think I recall at some point reading that he only did those roles cause he knew this was coming and was trying to make as much money as he could for his family.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Dementia is a very sad disease and it's an awful thing to experience either personally or through someone you know.
Bruce Willis was a great actor who did a lot of great movies I liked to watch.
Being a poo poo person outweighs both #1 and #2.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

Dementia is a very sad disease and it's an awful thing to experience either personally or through someone you know.
Bruce Willis was a great actor who did a lot of great movies I liked to watch.
Being a poo poo person outweighs both #1 and #2.

The same, except 2 outweighs 1 and 3.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I brought this up in another thread, but you want a 'name' actor who shows up in everything under the sun, look at Eric Roberts. That man seems to be in so many things that I literally believe that his IMDB is missing stuff.

I don't blame Willis for wanting to make a bunch of movies/money before it becomes impossible for one reason or another to, be it due to health issues, popularity issues, casting issues, etc.

In some ways, I could see even see it as a bit 'admirable' if you look at from the perspective that he might be giving a lot of very unknown or underused talent a slight signal boost for their cheap productions by having his name attached. Say you're a young actor, writer, etc. with almost zero credits and you get to be involved in a BRUCE WILLIS is on set for 8 hours and in the movie for 20 minutes film. That's still got to count for something to them in some way compared to productions with far less going on, or far less hope of notice.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just checking in today, is he still sick with this or did he get better? i wish him a speedy recovery!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Here's the trailer to White Elephant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvu9aVmlHFY

The main hub for his direct to video films has been Fitzgerald, Georgia, which has a studio out in the woods. Since Fitzgerald and everything around it is a barren wasteland, it's not hard for the studio to quickly do whatever location stuff they do.

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Ziv Zulander posted:

Any reason you’re taking your pants down, Bruce? Let’s go sit on the toilet for a minute.

Okay Bruce, you’re sitting on a toilet right now. Try to go to the bathroom. Give a good push, Bruce, try to go to the bathroom. You’re sitting on a toilet right now, Bruce. Try to go to the bathroom.

Alright Bruce, put both hands on this bar here and then stand up. I’m gonna wipe your bottom real quick and then we can get your pants pulled up

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dddiiiee hard with a uhh.. uhh.. poo poo I forgot

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Loopey

Look whose not talking

Unthinkable

Death becomes him

Sunsetting

Edit: its ok. Bruce willis was a notorious rear end in a top hat

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Wait. Do Michael Rooker and John Malkovich have dementia too?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

The Human Crouton posted:

Wait. Do Michael Rooker and John Malkovich have dementia too?

yes they do, i'm sad to report

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Looks like someone needs to update this song to Bruce Willis Has Dementia

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he was mean to Kevin Smith so I feel like we could have been friends

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I've drilled into my loved ones that if I ever get dementia my specific request is to lie to me and tell me that we just won the lottery. The check comes tomorrow but we can spend the day dreaming of how we'll spend it.

My wife won $100 chasing the big Powerball jackpot and when she mentioned that she won the lottery my first thought was "oh gently caress I have dementia!"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
In this summer's blockbuster, dementia has been diagnosed with Bruce Willis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTIjgkp0Xws