Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's approaching MGS2 levels of endgame revelations and plans hiding other plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully Placebo explains where Tokio got his new hair style from.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, going to hope there's further answers in the fabled notebook though I can imagine them not spelling stuff out too hard either.

The final Transmitter case is fully titled danwashitsu tamura, the Tamura lounge, I guess they made a mistake picking which part to use as the English title.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
So there was a freaky looking cartoon character in an office chair behind everything? Having that guy show up when everyone else is realistically drawn is by far the scariest thing in this game

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The freaky cartoon character gets a backstory! :toot:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I wouldn't have been too surprised if he'd gone unexplained and inferring his purpose was left to the viewer, so, I can't complain too much.

akamimi is Red's Japanese name (aka=red, mimi=ears), they must've missed switching the text in the navigation menu in some of the scenes (the text is in roman characters even in the Japanese game).

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Oh god, this really is just the Sniper 2 with way more words and even less gameplay.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

We've made it to the end! Not that end, the other end. The other other end.
Never let Suda remake his work.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm glad silver ocularisation eventually got to tie into the rest of the game, somewhat. Not sure we needed to go through so many 'but actually Kamui is ...' steps to get there, though.

Yeah, everything besides the post-credits bit was new, unsurprisingly.

I'm fairly sure (from looking at a Japanese playthrough) that Sakura line should have just been 'the world of the underside' rather than '...of the cards'. But yeah quite possible it was scripted in English first which wouldn't help.

The poster is promoting Kenichirou Mikoshiba's vision for the 25th Ward. A quick google of his name suggests this doesn't tie into anything, but, there is an achievement for picking it up.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sorry for the bitrate, OBS has lost a zero.

It's time for a tropical vacation!

You can read along with The LOSPASS for English

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I never really got along with first person adventure games so the switch to even lo-fi 3D has got me interested more than The Silver Case. Plus what seems like actual puzzles, although Silver Case kind of started with one too so we'll see how that goes though I'm sure there will still be plenty of text.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Well, that's a great start to the investigation!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
At first it was kind of charming, but I’ve got to say the looping speech noises are becoming grating. I had a light headache yesterday and couldn’t continue the video.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Not even making it out of your room is some impressive lack of forward momentum, though, I guess it's not a very big island, best not to use it all up at once.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

You won't believe how much progress Sumio makes today.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The football bag was a bit more convincingly football-like in the PS2 version

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mondo will solve the bombing case by ensuring there are no planes left to bomb.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's Sumio's turn to relax in the sun by the pool.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Starting to get a strange feeling about why this is called Flower, Sun and Rain and not Lospass Island. Ah well, at least all the interesting people are conveniently staying in the hotel, and it's also close to the airport flight path.

I see the guide was good enough to put 302 in the page 1 answer list in case saying 'I need to call room 302' directly before accessing Catherine was too opaque.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Tonight's fight is Sumio vs Alcohol.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If time travel isn't involved then this one strange island. And yes time travel would be normal.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Are the guest characters of this one based on someone?

Also, I'm off for two weeks in a couple of days, so no updates.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 24, 2023

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Given what's happened in the previous chapters it feels weird to say that this one felt less interesting. Probably because all our new characters got to do was sit on a couch and seemed rather normal? Relatively. And there wasn't even amusing hijinks that blew up an airplane!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I can forgive a lot for finally getting to the front desk.

Sonny and Tubbs were the main characters in Miami Vice, this is almost certainly not a coincidence especially when the Japanese version of Flower, Sun and Rain spells Tabs's name exactly like it is in Japanese Miami Vice. Don't know if the comedian part is based on anyone in particular, feels kind of generic but also generic enough that they might exist.

The clips they use for the voices kind of sound like they might be reversed, though, I tried reversing them and it didn't make it any more comprehensible to me. Probably not much hope between the sample quality and the omnipresent music anyway.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's time to go outside and step into something disgusting.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Not feeling too optimistic on the never seeing him again part, but we can hope. Prescient to (presumably intentionally) evoke Cortana as a digital assistant while also making a football reference, but I guess Halo had been around for a while by then.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Before Sumio can search, somebody has to experience

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The plot points from TSC keep coming back.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Before Sumio can search, somebody has to experience

Suda 51 presents "Man Getting Hit By Football"

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

The plot points from TSC keep coming back.

I'd forgotten you said this until it came up, I was not prepared.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Its probably too much of a stretch to say that Ave Maria was a deliberate Hitman reference but its where my mind wandered to as well. Mondo isn't exactly as stoic as 47 but he does go everywhere in a suit and carries a briefcase with a special tool inside.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

There are no references to Monty Python's Bicycle Repair Man in this video.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Suda 51 really likes making the player just run for long periods of time.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Happy we were freed from the hotel, even if only to do more odd jobs

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's time for Sumio to do what he should have done ages ago. No, not stop the terrorist. That would be silly.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, worth waiting for.

Not sure what Sumio thinks is the deal with the repeated plane explosions followed by him waking up in bed the next morning if he doesn't think there's some kind of time travel going on here and thinks it's just a weird coincidence that that car accident happened twice.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

We go out at night, and that's not the only way this request breaks the patterns.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Suda knows how to escalate in a creepy way, I'll give him that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sumio gets a surprising amount of screen time, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

If my choices are an extended conversation with Edo or running across the island it's a pretty close thing. Must say I wasn't expecting Sumio to stay dead, but I wasn't expecting a lot of things that happened this time. The extended Kamui universe continues.