Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I rarely go outside my bookmarks and found this thread, so why not bump it up after a couple months of inactivity. :v:

I have Meniere's disease so hearing (and balance portion of my right ear) are hosed. I had tinnitus before (concerts most likely) being diagnosed with this but it was pretty minor. I couldn't really talk on the phone with it to my right ear, but otherwise it was ok. Now after Meniere's, I can't really hear people speaking very well out of my right ear at all and always try to position myself to the right of people. Luckily my other ear is pretty good. It had gotten worse very rapidly (probably 1-2 year span) but has stayed steady for a year or two now. I've gotten used to it and actually sleep better with my bad ear "up" sleeping on my side. It's my own white noise generator. :v: I'm very careful now with ear protection while mowing or doing garage things. Same for at work but it's usually caveman style with hands over my ears since I'm not in the shop areas as much.

It sucks, but you get used to it. I feel like getting older you just have to mourn and adjust to the things you lost or can't do anymore. It's hard coming to terms with these things no matter how many times they've come up. Livin' ain't easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

some_admin posted:

Livin ain’t easy, no doubt.

I empathize and it sounds like you're doing the right things. GL with everything. I will try to find my hearing test results and post them. They've declined (over like a 4 year period of this) and it sucks but that's life sometimes.