Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
huh?

I know hearing loss coming for me, and I truly feel like my hearing is already compromised. Talking to someone in a large crowd is hell, at parties or gatherings I'm basically useless to talk to. My day to day is ok, but I do miss stuff more frequently than I'd like.

Also about 8 years ago I got violently sick while working at the super bowl, this was pre - covid times but at the time SARS 1 (the journey begins) had just surfaced. I reported to the NFL doctors who ran some pretty intense tests on me, then quickly quarantined me to my hotel room and revoked my passes that would potentially allow me to get near any of the players. Their tests were inconclusive they just said "its a really bad flu, but your negative for the flu so just chill the f out" it was so bad at one point I called my mom and wife (then just girlfriend) to say goodbye - The docs would tend to me daily, they would come in to my room fully suited, and they'd tape my door shut after leaving. All my food was room service, they'd leave it on a cart outside the door, I'd break the seal to go out and get it, then I'd call them to come back up and tape my door shut again. I started to feel like I was going to pull thru about 4 days in, at day 6 they relaxed a bit and let me come and go but it took me about a week and a half (of a 3 week stay) to get greenlit to go back to work. Safe to say its the sickest I've ever been - Pretty scary! - I recount this story because since then my sinuses and ears have been really susceptible to infection typically 3-4x a year - These past few years have been exceptionally brutal on my sinuses/ears because of how dry its been.

When I was young I did catch wise to protecting my hearing, I was at a punk show in high school and when I got my rear end kicked in the pit, I kinda popped out near one of the speakers, the band cranked it up and I literally thought my ear drums were going to rupture, maybe they did, the sound hit me so hard I felt like i was going to barf and I got super disoriented. After that I was a bitch and wore ear plugs any time I went to a show that could potentially put me in striking range of a loud speaker, or any super loud stuff for that matter, I keep a pair in my car for just such a reason - I caught flak for it, but whatever, the first time was so unpleasant, i learned a lesson quick about that, same goes for drag racing.

I've also had a few automotive issues as well, I had a muffler explode on me while trying to time a car in - cranking and cranking, nothing, messing with stuff then *pop.... white noise - there were 3 of us in the garage when it happened and it was deafening, all three of us were deaf and disoriented for about 5 minutes - it was my model a, and those mufflers are about 4' long cone shaped pipes, it ripped a 6" x 4" hole in it, it also left a scorch mark on the body of the car and ground underneath it. This caused a temporary tinnitus for about 2-3 weeks following that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU