Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005
Between loud cars, power tools, and music (performing and spectating), I've had moderate tinnitus and hearing loss for a good 20+ years. Last time I had a hearing test they said my hearing loss was mainly in the frequency range of female voices, which I guess is ok because they never talk to me anyway :v:. It seems to get louder with higher stress levels. In a quiet enough environment it can be maddening.

Now I pop in earplugs if I'm so much as hammering a single nail. It's too late to regain anything, but at least I can keep it from getting much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005
I, too, have a preferred brand/model of earplugs, 3M Skull Screws (corded). You can put them in without having to roll/squish them first, which is great when your hands are dirty. Corded is nice because you can always have a pair hanging from your hard hat. That's not as useful in the garage, but the cord still makes them easier to keep track of. I need to figure out a way to make them drop-proof when I'm not wearing a hard hat. Maybe a safety pin on the back of my collar or something...although I'm unlikely to bother pinning on my earplugs every time I go out to the garage.