Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
They're fuckable if you have enough of them.

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Maybe a very controversial olive opinion: the french have the best table olives. Lucques, nicoises? greeks need to up their game in comparison

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I think you're confused, friend. There are 2 types of olive, green and black. They come from the supermarket, not Greece or France or whatever

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How hard would it be for me to grow and brine my own kalamata olives from a tree in Minnesota?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I just checked: olives are still good.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Smugworth posted:

How hard would it be for me to grow and brine my own kalamata olives from a tree in Minnesota?
Do you by any chance have a temperature controlled greenhouse and like 5 years? If so it's fairly easy.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Shithouse Dave posted:

I just checked: olives are still good.

nope

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Minnesota is often called the Mediterranean of the West

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
The Levant of 10,000 lakes

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
A casserole with garlic tater tots, a creamy yogurt sauce, and shawarma meat, called halaldish

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Last week I was trapped in my neighborhood for like 6 days due to 10 inches of snow falling in one day near the Appalachian mountains. (The plows didn't make make it here until then)

I didn't have too many groceries but my trusty kalamata olives and some sardines saw me through.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Last week I was trapped in my neighborhood for like 6 days due to 10 inches of snow falling in one day near the Appalachian mountains. (The plows didn't make make it here until then)

I didn't have too many groceries but my trusty kalamata olives and some sardines saw me through.

people will do desperate things in desperate times

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
olives aren't going to instantly go off in a power loss situation either. go long on olives, cured meats, hard cheeses, tinned fish. you'll thank me in the coming years.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Be good to your olives and your olives will be good to you

Unless your name is Ben Shapino. One day a pit is gonna get that mfer

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Smugworth posted:

Unless your name is Ben Shapino. One day a pit is gonna get that mfer
I hope that some campesinos give him a thorough shaking

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I put two olives in a burrito, I didn't cut them up or spread them out, there was just an olive section in one bite.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

covidstomper58 posted:

I put two olives in a burrito, I didn't cut them up or spread them out, there was just an olive section in one bite.

raw, innovative genius

don’t let anyone hold you back, you are going places

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I’ve eaten all my olives, but it’s too hot and I’m too tired to go to the shop. I’d really like a few olives right now, but I am bereft

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Shithouse Dave posted:

I’ve eaten all my olives, but it’s too hot and I’m too tired to go to the shop. I’d really like a few olives right now, but I am bereft

piss on a cat turd and eat it it's the same thing

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I offered my goat some olives after she had two adorable little babies yesterday but she thought they were gross and ate her afterbirth instead

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Can we seen some pictures of the babies?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love olive oil and finding myself consuming ever more quantities of it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

Can we seen some pictures of the babies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0_8dXJ5ZJ4

I have had 3 does in 3 days give birth and a 4th is expected today so there's 6 little fluff balls running around and hopping and I love them

These two were born yesterday

These two the day before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGlKJze6L8

These two the day before that

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 27, 2024

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Oh my god

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
I dunno. I'll aska!

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Nice goats.

Had some green Cerignolas earlier. pretty good. I like the firmness

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Came for the olives, stayed for the adorable goats :3:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I saw a nutritionist and they were like " Snack on olives" and I was like " I loving eat olives all goddamn day long multiple times a week and go through a jar of olives stuffed with blue cheese a week".

So I am literally under medical advice to just eat the poo poo out of olives.

Add to this that I've discoverd my local grocery sells smoked trout and smoked salmon in a fridge section and I am like "Hell loving Yeah".

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Olives were the definite highlight of my pizza last night.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Olivemason

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

No, they are vile.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

A casserole with garlic tater tots, a creamy yogurt sauce, and shawarma meat, called halaldish

Not sure if this is a pisstake or not but I would loving demolish a plate of this (with kalamatas on it, obv).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I feel this is relative

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/are-olives-good-for-you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Picked up a big jar of plain ol’ pimento stuffed yesterday. Thinking to break the seal around lunchtime.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dixville posted:

Came for the olives, stayed for the adorable goats :3:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dogs love olives :woof:

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

tehslime posted:

No, they are vile.

:wrong:

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Once upon a time, I was smitten with this lady, we sat at her rarely used kitchen table and ate garlic stuffed olives out of the jar with a fork we shared.

I've bought many jars of garlic stuffed olives from different brands and they have all seemed vile, greasy or just bland.

Now I'm wondering if I even like garlic stuffed olives.

One time I made a pizza but I didn't have any fresh garlic on hand so I just pulled the cloves out of some olives, it was alright.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

covidstomper58 posted:

Once upon a time, I was smitten with this lady, we sat at her rarely used kitchen table and ate garlic stuffed olives out of the jar with a fork we shared.

I've bought many jars of garlic stuffed olives from different brands and they have all seemed vile, greasy or just bland.

Now I'm wondering if I even like garlic stuffed olives.

One time I made a pizza but I didn't have any fresh garlic on hand so I just pulled the cloves out of some olives, it was alright.

Find another lady what likes garlic stuffed olives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Find another lady what likes garlic stuffed olives

:wiggle: