Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my favourite use of olive oil is containing delicious olives in a jar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

uber_stoat posted:

i saw a sign for that thing and was like wtf. coffee + olive oil is really gonna grease the wheels. you'll be lucky to make it home in time before it all goes ka-blooey.

i think i will just mail order some of the giant olives. i found these, look at these beautiful fuckers.

https://fortunasausage.com/red-bella-di-cerignola-olives/#product-reviews

Those are the ones I want

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This is my favorite olive oil

I like to make crunchy toast with Dave's Killer Bread, 21 grains and seeds edition, liberally douse it with that stuff, put on some rosemary, and then sprinkle some coarse-grained salt over it. I believe this is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 25, 2024

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I like to make crunchy toast with Dave's Killer Bread, 21 grains and seeds edition, liberally douse it with that stuff, put on some rosemary, and then sprinkle some coarse-grained salt over it. I believe this is one of life's greatest pleasures.

That's the one that's in oleato if I remember correctly. You should get one for the lulz haha you will poo poo your pants. It funny

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

This is the kind I have, but it's the smoove kind.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Got inspired to buy some red cerignolas bc of this thread, and some non-alcoholic bitter rosso. red italian stuff day I guess. They're nice- very mild, interesting texture.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

This one, this is the one you want.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

covidstomper58 posted:

This one, this is the one you want.

Pompeian Smoove - You'll poo poo like a volcano

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That looks delicious

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

mystes posted:

Personally I don't think there's ever a point to heating extra virgin oil. It loses most of the good flavors and it can become bitter. If you want to cook with olive oil you might as well just use light olive oil.

If you want the extra virgin olive oil flavor just drizzle on a little bit after you're done cooking.

:hmmyes:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:awesome:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i will eat the cornichon-stuffed olives

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

would you eat an olive that looked like a realistic veiny penis

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

gently caress you

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

git apologist posted:

would you eat an olive that looked like a realistic veiny penis

what kind of olive is it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ben shapino posted:

gently caress you

lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

That tray is the most palatable part of the photo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i will look you in the eyes and talk to you with a full mouth while i eat the cornichon-stuffed olives

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Smugworth posted:

what kind of olive is it

kalamata (black) stuff with feta (white) such that the feta oozes out when you bite down

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Had some black olives tonight. They were delicious.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

Had some black olives tonight. They were delicious.

we're olive buddies tonight

mine were generously added to a sub

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I received a suspiciously scant amount of black olives in my burrito tonight, like they were deliberately trying to deny me olives.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep, i keep an emergency jar in the glove box for situations like that

it's a game changer

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

git apologist posted:

kalamata (black) stuff with feta (white) such that the feta oozes out when you bite down

🥵🥵🤤🤤🤤

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Just had some niçoise olives. One of my favs

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
One of my favorite Mexican food places locally has a pretty decent salsa bar, good spice on some, cactus, pickled veggies and olives.

At the end of the meal I got two little plastic ramekins of chopped olives and did them like shots while my wife recorded it for her friends.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

As a full on pickle hater and non liker of olives this is basically poop in a bowl.

I’ll eat almost anything and like most foods. Pickles are Satan. Olives are satan’s nuts or something

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Hint: You don't need the fire boots, but they could help later on.

Big rear end On Fire posted:

As a full on pickle hater and non liker of olives this is basically poop in a bowl.

I’ll eat almost anything and like most foods. Pickles are Satan. Olives are satan’s nuts or something

all pickles? what about like, pickled onion? pickled jalapeño???

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pickled Pigsfeet

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Big rear end On Fire posted:

mods ban this filth

Livo
Dec 31, 2023
Here's a quick and very easy recipe with Kalamata sliced olives for lazy people/very crappy cooks like me. I personally do NOT endorse the Australian supermarket dupoly of Coles & Woolworths, definitely support your local grocers where possible. I included their links to show what I mean for illustrative purposes only. One friend mistakenly thought they had to first bake the salmon themselves first, then literally slice parts off a raw chili, until they realised I meant something completely different.

Cook whatever pasta type you prefer. Once pasta is cooked, strain it, then place the pasta in a pot along with this type of ready to eat salmon, olive oil, sliced Kalamata olives and some chili flakes for seasoning: the amount of chili flakes is up to personal preference, I use a very small amount to add some flavour, I'm not a big spicy type guy. Thoroughly mix everything together in the pot, the pasta will help cook the salmon so mix it well, then serve. Garnish with some pepper for taste.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Brown Empeltres are top tier olives, like a straight upgrade to kalamatas imo

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Still good, I checked.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Grey Cat posted:

Still good, I checked.

Confirmed

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

Still good, I checked.

agreed

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

had a grip in a greek salad tihs weekend. very good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Grey Cat posted:

Still good, I checked.

Yup, can’t argue with science.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I can't believe I lived so much of my life before discovering how delicious oil cured olives are. What a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Olives are the eggs of olive trees