Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I had to look this up on Mobygames since I was convinced I'd heard some extremely similar composing in another adventure game, but was surprised the one credited music artist, Ian McCue, hadn't worked on anything else I'd played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Not even Thomas & Friends: Adventures?

I know, shame on me for missing out on such a legendary work of art, but I just haven't gotten around to it. You know how it is with Steam backlogs.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Goddamn, I think that's the most racistly portrayed Chinese person in any game.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Catching up, I do genuinely appreciate how the writers take the piss out of everything about Victorian England, including the nobles. There's absolutely zero nostalgia for the "good old days" or respect for the Empire in any way. Every bit of conversation with Mossop is also consistently entertaining.

By the standards of adventure games, most of the puzzles have also been... reasonably logical? Cartoon logic sometimes, but still identifiable logic.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I'm pleasantly surprised they recorded some, even if not always much, new dialogue for Mossop for literally every location.

It also took me this long to realize that the taxi carriage is a weird 3D model while everything else is 2D. How strange.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The moon adventure feels like such an odd bit. I wonder if it was originally meant to be a longer part of the game.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I'm honestly starting to feel like I'll be disappointed if there isn't a twist near the end where Mossop betrays Fanshawe for being an utter rear end towards him all game. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I appreciate that they at least made the native chieftain sound like a reasonably educated normal person, rather than doing some insanely distasteful stereotype in how he talked or made him seem less intelligent.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Huh, that wasn't a lot of screentime for the game's villain(s).

Thanks for the LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

I am honestly surprised that Dinsey doesn't make things like intelligent mice or talking ducks.

Still, a lot more enjoyable watch than I was expecting at the start, mostly thanks to the game's dedication to making GBS threads on Fanshawe who I still maintain is extremely unpleasant even for an adventure game protagonist.

Would you rate him as more or less awful than the Mystery of the Druids protagonist? At least Fanshawe didn't poison any homeless people.