Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
It's like so many people are dying, all the time, all at once I can't even keep track of them anymore!

Anyhow, happy belated RIP from the Something Awful forums, Kirstie Alley! You became a crazy scientologist which sucked but thanks for Cheers and being the first Lt. Saavik. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

dang it driftingmouse. You have one job.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

well at least her death gave us this opportunity to make an amazing thread. she did not die in vain

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
She didn't even live to see Trump's second term :( what a shame

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
because she sucks rear end and no one cares about her so it passed without notice like a fart in the night

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

It's like so many people are dying, all the time, all at once I can't even keep track of them anymore!

Anyhow, happy belated RIP from the Something Awful forums, Kirstie Alley! You became a crazy scientologist which sucked but thanks for Cheers and being the first Lt. Saavik. :patriot:

Robin Curtis was a low-rent Adrienne Barbeau.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

It feels like it was only yesterday that Kirstie Alley was paying condolences to Leonard Nimoy on social media and saying how iconic he was as 'Dr. Spock' and a bunch of Star Trek fans went in on her like "You dumb bitch Spock isn't a doctor!" and Kirstie Alley was all "You don't think Spock had any PhDs, assholes? Anyways Rest in Peace."

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
cocaine is a hell of a drug

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

She was on Match Game too.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
1-800-99J-ENNY

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
All that science couldn't save her

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nooner posted:

All that science couldn't save her

You don't know for she isn't wandering around some misty moor as a Frankenstein

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

dang it driftingmouse. You have one job.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dead cow so what

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Nobody has cared about Kirstie Alley in 30 years.

Now Markie Post, that was a tragedy

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

This is a good thread thanks for the thread

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Honestly Driftingmouse should catch a probe for this one

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Man, rough way to go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puwr-E-q1bk&t=170s

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Honestly Driftingmouse should catch a probe for this one

That, or she wasn't a c-lister worthy of his attention

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 21, 2023

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Buckle up, it only speeds up from here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SHE WERE LIEUTENANT SAAVIK IN STAR TRAK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Runaway was a movie about domestic robots killing people, heat seeking future bullets, and mechanical spiders that spit acid.

Out of all the cool ways to die Kristie Alley just gets stabbed in it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

SHE WERE LIEUTENANT SAAVIK IN STAR TRAK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN

She was spock

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's dr Spock for you

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Runaway is interesting because it was one of the very first PG-13 movies and it feels like some kind of experiment in trying to specifically produce "a PG-13 movie." Like there's exactly one pair of boobs on display and exactly one use of "gently caress" and there's a lot of suggesting that gruesome things happen but we don't see it directly, etc.

Also, this isn't so evident anymore with all the remastering of films, but the image quality of the movie always seemed somehow more advanced and modern than its contemporaries. Like it was made in 1984 but at first glance you might've thought it were a 90s movie.

On topic though, Kirstie Alley does indeed die in it in a surprisingly lame fashion.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Look Who's Talking was a landmark film and helped pave the way for not one but two Baby Geniuses

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol the hell

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Look Who’s Talking shaped the better part of my formative years. Thank god Travolta is alive.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

It feels like it was only yesterday that Kirstie Alley was paying condolences to Leonard Nimoy on social media and saying how iconic he was as 'Dr. Spock' and a bunch of Star Trek fans went in on her like "You dumb bitch Spock isn't a doctor!" and Kirstie Alley was all "You don't think Spock had any PhDs, assholes? Anyways Rest in Peace."

This makes me like her more.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

That, or she wasn't a c-lister worthy of his attention

I'm pretty sure he did make a thread about her, but he won't tell you know. He exists to write "X has died" and the first confirmed link he finds, then goes back to being an inactive twitter bot.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Robin Curtis wins. FATALITY

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm pretty sure he did make a thread about her, but he won't tell you know. He exists to write "X has died" and the first confirmed link he finds, then goes back to being an inactive twitter bot.

Do you think he used "Deadstie Alley" or do you think he called her "Kirstie Deadlley?"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I somehow missed that Takeoff from Migos had died until like a month after the fact. Was that just not really reported in the mainstream news?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kissinger died 8 years ago and nobody made a thread so I had no clue

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I somehow missed that Takeoff from Migos had died until like a month after the fact. Was that just not really reported in the mainstream news?

Honestly what counts as important news seems to of changed a bit over the last three years. While the pandemic isn't filling the news anymore still a lot of things going on all the time.

Yeah were living in interesting times, alas.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I like the time she claimed her career was black listed because she supports Trump, entirely ignoring the fact she’s been irrelevant for two decades.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Disappointed that doesn’t mean Spinning the Toads

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my third grade grade elementary school teacher knew her from college or something and had a pen pal thing going... every year one of the exercises was to write a group note as the class to her and then wait for the response and read it...

she would send back a signed letter repsonse and i bet that guy took it home and made love to it.. he was weird as poo poo.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It was an alright movie. Tom Selleck is such a charisma black hole on the big screen* that it stood out as different.

*Quigley Down Under was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Tom Selleck's alright and I wouldn't call him a "charisma blackhole" necessarily but he's absolutely more the "young main character's supportive Dad" type than he is an "action hero fights robotic spiders" type.