Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the Beer Snake be the best thing out of the XFL?
Yes, Beer Snake made me a DC believer
No, I hate fun and the XFL
Show me to the lemon party
View Results

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I mean it's not entirely surprising it lacks polish. I love the mic'd up stuff and conversion stuff, and onside kick, even if it hurt my team already. ESPN won't even let me pick a favorite XFL team and have them always show up, they should fix that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tbh my biggest complaint is the constant sideline interviews with people who very obviously do not want to loving do it or have nothing to say. Dial that back by 90%. They interviewed the linebacker coach tonight and it went "yeah my guys hit hard" "are they doing what you want?" "yeah. they hit hard!" "ok thanks coach, great talk"

Every once in a while you hit gold which is of course why they do it. Like on opening weekend a dude got a game winning sack and he was crying and telling his baby that daddy does it all for her and poo poo and it was awesome. But you can probably judge which of those extremes you are going to get beforehand.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Docjowles posted:

Tbh my biggest complaint is the constant sideline interviews with people who very obviously do not want to loving do it or have nothing to say. Dial that back by 90%. They interviewed the linebacker coach tonight and it went "yeah my guys hit hard" "are they doing what you want?" "yeah. they hit hard!" "ok thanks coach, great talk"

Every once in a while you hit gold which is of course why they do it. Like on opening weekend a dude got a game winning sack and he was crying and telling his baby that daddy does it all for her and poo poo and it was awesome. But you can probably judge which of those extremes you are going to get beforehand.

I'd like less sideline interviews and more just listening to the people who are mic'd up. Like today, there was a moment where a Guardians WR was complaining about something, and HC Buckley just shut him down IMMEDIATELY. Great moment that probably happens a lot in sports that we hardly ever see. On the other hand, the ESPN sideline reporter jumping on the Brahmas WR who had literally just caught a TD pass to interview him was not a good look, and that's the stuff that I'm not really interested in seeing.

Anyways, things in Orlando are going great:

https://twitter.com/olisamir/status/1629997585481056256

https://twitter.com/Kwen_C/status/1629985532737462272

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

It is a pleasure and a privilege to watch Football Grampa Wade Phillips having fun and dismantling opposing offenses.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who you got in the xfl?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Week one viewership is in
https://twitter.com/JamesLarsenPFN/status/1628411010284666882

https://twitter.com/bymikemitchell/status/1628968469814210561?s=21
Attendance at Lumen/CenturyLink Field in 2020's week 2 game (Feb 15) was 29,172

No game hit 800k viewers
https://twitter.com/ByMikeMitchell/status/1630598971033890816

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
What did yall that did watch think of the games? Is this competitive football or more college level schlock?

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
The pitch guy that sold Dwayne on this is laughing all the way to the bank.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grip it and rip it posted:

What did yall that did watch think of the games? Is this competitive football or more college level schlock?

college football is very good and entertaining, this is sub-college level because, like the USFL last year, their preseason was like 3 weeks long so none of the teams have any sort of cohesion or ability to work together and it makes the offenses especially just absolutely dreadful to watch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah if you like defensive football it's fun.

If you like QB's hitting receivers in stride? well uh.... yeah good luck with that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the xfl will start being good in year 3 or 4. then you've got the rest of your life to enjoy quality xfl football. no problems

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

For what it's worth, those ratings are basically on par with bottom-tier college football matchups, e.g., Tulsa @ Temple. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

The XFL isn't going to make it to year 3 or 4 with viewership that bad. It's not financially sustainable.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looks like i've got egg on my face and there was one bigol problem

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

MaximilianK posted:

The pitch guy that sold Dwayne on this is laughing all the way to the bank.

Redbird Capital and Johnson acquired the XFL for like 10 million dollars. They're laughing all the way to the bank based on media deals alone I would assume. This thing is going to last at least 2 seasons.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Wentz to the XFL

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I thought dogshit qb play was the problem though not the solution

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Komet posted:

For what it's worth, those ratings are basically on par with bottom-tier college football matchups, e.g., Tulsa @ Temple. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

The XFL isn't going to make it to year 3 or 4 with viewership that bad. It's not financially sustainable.

:agreed:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
It’s a lot of poorly thrown balls. Lots of missed catches. Lots of -1 to 1 yard rushes. Weird fumbles that seem like they’re for no reason.

It’s like modern error art.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tricky Ed posted:

It is a pleasure and a privilege to watch Football Grampa Wade Phillips having fun and dismantling opposing offenses.

I am glad :baby: has a hobby to keep him busy in his dotage.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I know you were all excited but their is no XFL football tonight.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
XFL drama hooray:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1631663467722842112

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What an amazing career

College: Transferred from Tennessee to Houston for literally 8 yards of playtime in a year, then transferred to Central Michigan, started a full year and made a bowl
Went to the CFL instead of NFL, got an NFL lookout a year later but was told "no I'm good", fired months later
Backup backup plan was being a backup in the XFL behind Paxton Lynch. Lynch gets benched immediately, replacing him he immediately throws a touchdown pass, and then gets investigated and fired for giving their plans to the opposition

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

What an amazing career

College: Transferred from Tennessee to Houston for literally 8 yards of playtime in a year, then transferred to Central Michigan, started a full year and made a bowl
Went to the CFL instead of NFL, got an NFL lookout a year later but was told "no I'm good", fired months later
Backup backup plan was being a backup in the XFL behind Paxton Lynch. Lynch gets benched immediately, replacing him he immediately throws a touchdown pass, and then gets investigated and fired for giving their plans to the opposition

he was sabotaging Paxton...

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Imagine thinking you need to cheat to beat Paxton Lynch

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

OC: swiggity swooty gimme that Zootie

QB: are you loving kidding me this is the 19th play in a row you’ve called Zootie

OC: did I stutter

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I really hope it was SA he gave them to, I could use a juicy sports scandal in my new city and all I've got around are the goody-two-shoes Spurs

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

OC: swiggity swooty gimme that Zootie

QB: are you loving kidding me this is the 19th play in a row you’ve called Zootie

OC: did I stutter

No one will ever see that sneaky rear end RB with that tremendously long route on “ROLL UP”

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol Dormady

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Oh cool. A windy game. It's not like these offenses suck enough.

Also, I'm guessing we're not bothering with a week 3 thread.

E: Oh my god. Even the kickoff is trash.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/XFLDefenders/status/1632161958811058177?s=20

funniest bit is definitely the idea of Defenders representatives ferrying your empty cups to the snake

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It’s kind of crazy how many games are on FX. I would figure espn would have reconfigured their broadcasts a bit so more could be on espn.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lol someone went to 4 years of college for communications and had to write a tweet about rules for a god drat beer snake. Bless the XFL may the Rock reign for a thousand years

But also I loving love that decision. Imagine the nfl ever doing something like that

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
The Beer Snake (tm), brought to you by Bud Light, the official beer of the NFL! Be sure to get your official NFL Beer Snake cups, today!

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Docjowles posted:

Lol someone went to 4 years of college for communications and had to write a tweet about rules for a god drat beer snake. Bless the XFL may the Rock reign for a thousand years

But also I loving love that decision. Imagine the nfl ever doing something like that

To be fair, I'm sure the reasoning is that the XFL can't afford to alienate the few fans they have.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Docjowles posted:

And that idjit is going to crow about it to Twitter and everyone at the bar tonight

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Dudes happy to have a job

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
XFL Week III: The Beer Snake rises from the Ashes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrrong thread. i'm going to post in the right one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Cavauro posted:

wrrong thread. i'm going to post in the right one

Admit that you posted in here because you are Battlehawks nation too