Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the Beer Snake be the best thing out of the XFL?
Yes, Beer Snake made me a DC believer
No, I hate fun and the XFL
Show me to the lemon party
View Results

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i meant to post in the xfl games thread about xfl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Not relevant but it's nice to see Josh Gordon playing, hopefully a NFL team gives him a roster spot this year

Edit: always a soft spot for Josh and still one of my favorite Browns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just about to start week 4 and already scrambling for more viewers https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2023/03/xfl-ratings-fx-espn-schedule-changes/

quote:

ESPN is elevating three upcoming XFL telecasts to more traditional networks as viewership continues to hover in the six figures.

ESPN announced Tuesday that two XFL games originally scheduled for FX have been rescheduled for ESPN or ESPN2, and a third game set for ESPN will move up to ABC. The first of those games is Houston-Seattle a week from Thursday, which moves from 9 PM ET on FX to 10:30 PM on ESPN. Seattle-Orlando on March 25 moves from 1:30 on ESPN to 1:00 on ABC. Finally, Houston-D.C. on March 27 moves from FX to ESPN2, with game time remaining at 7 PM ET. [Related: XFL TV schedule.

quote:

As previously noted, only two of the 20 games in the prior XFL averaged fewer than one million viewers, compared to nine of the 12 games in the current iteration.
https://twitter.com/bymikemitchell/status/1633124750129020929?s=46

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/XFL_PR/status/1633513634654560275

Black Adam the official movie

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Honestly surprised that wasn't already the case

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It took a little more negotiation on The Rock's end than the Zoa sponsorship, The Rock was more willing to listen to The Rock's pitch on why an energy drink would be a good sponsor for the XFL than he was willing to listen to The Rock's pitch on a tequila brand

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Burying games on FX was a sure fire way to get poo poo ratings. Same thing when USFL games were getting shuffled to USA network and Peacock.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Sure lets have a game at 10PM EST tonight. Sure to really bring in the crowds.

Beer Snake returns at 7PM Sunday. Get hype

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Um, is anyone else watching reruns of Mom on FX instead of the game?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Macrame_God posted:

Um, is anyone else watching reruns of Mom on FX instead of the game?

The game's on for me, but maybe check ESPN?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Shinji2015 posted:

The game's on for me, but maybe check ESPN?

ESPN is playing a college game. I'm using YouTube TV. I don't know what everyone else is using.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

roughnecks vs defenders dude. can't wait

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh there's 10 weeks of this. Well i won't be caught out as a fool predicting the big game too early. the battlehawks, renegades, and brahmas are still in it. as are the seadragons. the vipers and guardians aren't eliminated. but everyone else has no chance

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Shiroc posted:

Let’s go Sex Dwarfs clap clap clapclapclap

S-E-X D-O-R-F-S! SEX DORFS!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I think the XFL is already dead in the water. 3 of the 4 games next week are at 10/10:30

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Maybe, but looking further ahead, next week should be the last of the 10 PM EST games on the schedule barring any changes

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Everyone will be watching the NCAA Tournament

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Robert Facepalmer posted:

S-E-X D-O-R-F-S! SEX DORFS!

It is the second best Soft Cell song.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

syzpid posted:

I think the XFL is already dead in the water. 3 of the 4 games next week are at 10/10:30

This coming thursday was before the season scheduled earlier but got bumped because of the NCAA Tournament. It's like ESPN was like "WE WANT THE XFL TO FILL OUT OUR TV SLATE" but then forgot that they have a ton of stuff. Not saying the USFL is doing any better at all but at least it runs during a time when the TV competition starts to lighten up a tiny bit. It still runs against NHL and NBA Playoffs but its just a lot less bloated of a schedule.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Battlehawks crowd, the beersnake, and Wade Phillips are like the only things keeping this league alive it feels like

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
tf is a game at 1030 tonight

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

soggybagel posted:

This coming thursday was before the season scheduled earlier but got bumped because of the NCAA Tournament. It's like ESPN was like "WE WANT THE XFL TO FILL OUT OUR TV SLATE" but then forgot that they have a ton of stuff. Not saying the USFL is doing any better at all but at least it runs during a time when the TV competition starts to lighten up a tiny bit. It still runs against NHL and NBA Playoffs but its just a lot less bloated of a schedule.

It seems like "immediately after the Super Bowl" is the worst possible place on the calendar to start play other than "concurrent with the NFL." Seems like the summer doldrums (June-July) would be the best place to put it from a TV standpoint, but I understand that limits your talent pool to guys who basically have no hope of a training camp invite.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Yeah the best time for a alternate football league would be that time. However both the USFL and XFL have partnership agreements with the NFL and I think do sell the idea to players that it could be a springboard into the NFL so it just wouldn't work timing wise.

I agree that immediately after the super bowl is not ideal. Football burnout is real!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A lot of these teams play outside which could also be a factor. Like gently caress playing a full football game in Orlando or Texas in July. NFL players were almost dying in Miami during September and October. They’d have to find indoor venues for a summer league I think. Agree it makes a lot of sense from the standpoint of fans giving a poo poo though

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Docjowles posted:

A lot of these teams play outside which could also be a factor. Like gently caress playing a full football game in Orlando or Texas in July. NFL players were almost dying in Miami during September and October. They’d have to find indoor venues for a summer league I think. Agree it makes a lot of sense from the standpoint of fans giving a poo poo though

Totally. The USFL last year in Birmingham was hot as hell. Tons of guys cramping up and this was in May/June.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/sickoscommittee/status/1639790715600338945?s=46&t=c0qxKSggYKwUh1vrwZpj9A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Feels like every issue that you can have with comms has happened in Vegas, and I don't really understand what the issue is at this point. None of the other stadiums are consistently as bad as they are