Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i am bouncing between Mass Effect 2 and the OG Live A Live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Skypie posted:

I'm running a homebrew setting using Fate: Legends of Anglerre. Kinda of a wuxia theme set in an empire that recently went through a civil war, and the PCs are trying to recover cursed weapons wielded by the previous emperor's elite guard so they can't be used for nefarious purposes

They've recovered several so far, and they've done things like incite a political riot in a small city after revealing the magistrate was corrupt and threw him out of his mansion to the torches-and-pitchforks crowd outside

That sounds really awesome! How many sessions are you expecting it to run?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sally posted:

i am bouncing between Mass Effect 2

Are you playing through the legendary edition version? I keep meaning to restart a play through of all 3

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BALLS DILDO posted:

anime was great. i wonder if i've forgotten enough of it to enjoy the VN

I think the VN has more stuff but it's a good enough story that whatever way you experience it is win.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

That sounds really awesome! How many sessions are you expecting it to run?

We started last...August and run every other week via Discord since my players are everywhere. I would say it could last maybe through the rest of this year, depending on how they approach things. Sometimes they skip by things I planned and do other random poo poo that I gotta account for on the fly.

The worst part about the game is that all my players are already really good at roleplaying so I rarely get to do the most fun thing about being a GM in Fate, which is compelling them to do things that put them in a compromising spot lol

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

MarcusSA posted:

Are you playing through the legendary edition version? I keep meaning to restart a play through of all 3

yah got the Legendary edition on sale. havent played them since release. am doing a full Insanity run of all three. real good so far! i forgot how much i liked ME1. combat was really trivialized because i ran as an adept but it's my favourite class in the first. i loaded up a shotgun with scram rails and explosive shells and i was melting enemies. even the final Reaper-Saren fight... once his shields were down I was able to ragdoll his body around the arena.

playinv a Vanguard for ME2 but i forgot there is no groundpound move in the second game... thats an ME3/Andromeda thing. so my strategy of just pinballing through all enemies isnt quite working out as i planned. it is still immensely satisfying sendinv a Krogan or Geth Prime flying with a charge when they are unshielded. makes up for all the times one of their rushes killed me.

on the Firewalker DLC atm... this part doesntt hold up. the ship is flimsy compared to the Mako and there are no areas you can quicksave once a mission starts. bit rough... still a blast combat feels so much snappier compared to ME1.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

BALLS DILDO posted:

anime was great. i wonder if i've forgotten enough of it to enjoy the VN

How does Okabe come across in the anime? He's a bit divisive as a character but he 100% worked for me largely due to having access to his internal thoughts and realizing what his deal was. I imagine he's a little more grating when you're just watching him

The VN absolutely rules and I can't imagine anything diminishing that, even knowing the story or character beats beforehand. It might also have the best VO of all time

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

How does Okabe come across in the anime? He's a bit divisive as a character but he 100% worked for me largely due to having access to his internal thoughts and realizing what his deal was. I imagine he's a little more grating when you're just watching him

The VN absolutely rules and I can't imagine anything diminishing that, even knowing the story or character beats beforehand. It might also have the best VO of all time

from what i remember he was a complete egomaniac and constantly upset everyone by being one

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

said gently caress it and went to buy the VN since it's on sale and I already own it so I guess I have no excuse not to play it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BALLS DILDO posted:

said gently caress it and went to buy the VN since it's on sale and I already own it so I guess I have no excuse not to play it

Did you get the OG or Elite

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
playing a lot of theatrhythm, I can consistently SSS up to level 10/11, but 12s start to get rough and I've only squeaked out an A on a single 14

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Did you get the OG or Elite

OG, already had it
considered elite but apparently its just the original + the anime and I got nothing against regular static VNs so I'm not about to drop another 40 bucks on the same story

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I vastly prefer the OG's art (I forget what else Elite changes) so that was imo the right move

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Elite gets rid of a few bits, you wouldn't notice if you didn't play the original VN but the original is the way to go

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

RE Village kicks rear end

I've never laughed so hard at something so creepy and off-putting as the fuckin BABY, dude lmfao

Running around with fully upgraded colt and shotgun feels so good

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Good soup! posted:

I've never laughed so hard at something so creepy and off-putting as the fuckin BABY, dude lmfao

Running around with fully upgraded colt and shotgun feels so good

the baby was pretty awful, but for some reason, the dolls were much worse for me.

currently playing through Pathfinder, Wrath of the Righteous, and really enjoying my angel MC. I wish there were like 50% as many loving loading screens in campaign management tho

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Skypie posted:

I'm running a homebrew setting using Fate: Legends of Anglerre. Kinda of a wuxia theme set in an empire that recently went through a civil war, and the PCs are trying to recover cursed weapons wielded by the previous emperor's elite guard so they can't be used for nefarious purposes

They've recovered several so far, and they've done things like incite a political riot in a small city after revealing the magistrate was corrupt and threw him out of his mansion to the torches-and-pitchforks crowd outside

1) This sounds loving cool

2) And also reminds me I gotta finish up this goddamn Lancer campaign I've been writing because we're supposed to start soon!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I gave Darktide a revist to see if anything had improved and now I think I'll just go ahead and get back into Vermintide 2 instead or reinstall Mass Effect or pick up Ishin or Atomic Heart, idk

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

NeatHeteroDude posted:

the baby was pretty awful, but for some reason, the dolls were much worse for me.

currently playing through Pathfinder, Wrath of the Righteous, and really enjoying my angel MC. I wish there were like 50% as many loving loading screens in campaign management tho

It's super weird that they set up the dialog system such that a line can be lawful/chaotic OR good/evil, but not both. So you have the good option, the chaotic option, etc. It does weird things to the writing.

Good game, though

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I finally got over the intro hump of Tyranny and am really enjoying it!

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
playing Fire Emblem Three Houses, looping time in the name of agriculture.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

just beat max payne. might play some nioh 2 to cap off the night or just read a bunch of schmaltzy korean fantasy romance comics. maybe watch a columbo dik

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Violen posted:

genuinely before someone smashes close or gas on this thread it'd be nice to be allowed to keep a place to bullshit about whatever with a unique cross-section of goons if nothing else

yeah i liked that about sagas. saw some imps and cspam people i know and like and also a bunch of people i didnt know but now also like. neat dynamic

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cthulu Carl posted:

I gave Darktide a revist to see if anything had improved and now I think I'll just go ahead and get back into Vermintide 2 instead or reinstall Mass Effect or pick up Ishin or Atomic Heart, idk

I think Darktides getting a good content patch next month supposedly? Ill revisit as well when it hits

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Dandywalken posted:

I think Darktides getting a good content patch next month supposedly? Ill revisit as well when it hits

I hope so because a friend got it for me and then got mad and stopped playing like right when I had the free time to really get into it

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah, I hope it improves.

Maybe I was just bitter because when I got on my Veteran I realized I no longer had the shovel because Past Me had sold it or whatever.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah, I hope it improves.

Maybe I was just bitter because when I got on my Veteran I realized I no longer had the shovel because Past Me had sold it or whatever.

There's something about the Darktides POV that just doesn't work for my eyes for some reason

There's certain first person games that give me nausea for some unknown reason. I know No Man's Sky isn't an FPS per se but I had the same issues

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

3pm cold brew check :cheers:
back to fixing dumb problems created by even dumber people

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

8pm watching the clock waiting to go home.

Might try and catch up on the last of us before bed.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i have been playing victoria 3 and a stupid mod for crusader kings 3

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

but the most important game tonight is: try to get my son, who is sick, to sleep all night or at least not wake up a billion times

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

8pm watching the clock waiting to go home.

Might try and catch up on the last of us before bed.

worth it, latest episode kicked rear end. they all kick rear end

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

this. I said it in sagas once but this is the only place I can think of where posters from everywhere hang out and it would be stupid as gently caress to discourage that

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

every time someone brings up vampire survivors I read "vampire savior" and get excited thinking people are playing one of my favorite fighting games again 🥲

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

not only did my cat allow the chickens inside, she let them eat her food

does anyone want a terrible cat

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i'm in the prologue of Middle-earth: Shadow of War and annoyed i can't dominate captains anymore

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Still playing Yi Xian. It's a dumb little brain turn off game and that's all I've been able to manage lately.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I'm playing Remnant again, it's still a really fun game with cool guns and nice shooting. Can't wait for Remnant 2.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i'm doing a second playthrough of Disco Elysium. a hacked run, with sixes in all stats so i can see almost all the dialogue from my skills. putting most of my skill points into the thought cabinet, heading for the communist vision quest, getting basically completely different conversations out of every character i talk to despite playing it mostly the same as my first playthrough. unbelievable game.

outer wilds is on sale on steam rn, i should probably check that out next but returnal looks fairly epic....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

just beat Moonlighter out of sheer spite. i kind of loving hate that game and never want to see it again.