Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Went to a local board game meetup, had a good time seeing good people but still haven’t asked one of them what life decisions led to him getting a Rick & Morty neck tattoo

Probably better to be non-judgemental and not ending up staring into that abyss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

Went to a local board game meetup, had a good time seeing good people but still haven’t asked one of them what life decisions led to him getting a Rick & Morty neck tattoo

Probably better to be non-judgemental and not ending up staring into that abyss

that's definitely something to live with alright

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The smoking is going ok but these two are being incredibly judgmental.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
slap them around a bit

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

slap them around a bit

I’m gonna ask her to do it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
nine minutes till imp zone wrestling begins

https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

I got like 8 people coming over for D&D in like 3 hours and the house is a mess and I didn't write anything I was supposed to do that yesterday but SPR decided to do something so hilarious all my spare time was eaten up

The secret to DMing is the less you write, the better the game is

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Skypie posted:

The stand-by trick to distract my players when I'm extremely unprepared is just to toss an eccentric con artist merchant at them, they'll spend hours fascinated by novelty swords and oddly coloured polygons described in a quirky voice, which... probably explains why they're playing D&D in the first place.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

nine minutes till imp zone wrestling begins

https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

it's so brutal

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

it's so brutal

I don't even watch wrestling, and I am watching the gently caress out of this, it's amazing

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

PurpleXVI posted:

The stand-by trick to distract my players when I'm extremely unprepared is just to toss an eccentric con artist merchant at them, they'll spend hours fascinated by novelty swords and oddly coloured polygons described in a quirky voice, which... probably explains why they're playing D&D in the first place.

Skypie posted:

They're chasing around a gang that they think controls hyperintelligent rats but the gang actually is the rats so I let them chase rats around for a while, get attacked by a recurring miniboss, have a couple social encounters and had them fight the wererat group they thought was the boss but were shocked to discover they were actually minions

they still don't know the rats are collectively the gang, also i made sture to tell them that rats were pissing in their clothes every night

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

TheSwizzler posted:

They're chasing around a gang that they think controls hyperintelligent rats but the gang actually is the rats so I let them chase rats around for a while, get attacked by a recurring miniboss, have a couple social encounters and had them track the wererat group they thought was the boss but were shocked to discover they were actually minions

they still don't know the rats are collectively the gang
this sounds familiar...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I didn’t totally gently caress it up!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I'd eat it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

MarcusSA posted:

looks great brother

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Looks smoky
Mmmmmmm

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Post that to PYF Cross sections, my friend, that's good stuff

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

MarcusSA posted:

mouth is actually watering, nice work

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

god that looks amazing

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

MarcusSA posted:

That's a nice meat, looks like it'd go great on some rye bread.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

looks tasty as hell, friendo.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Decided gently caress it and went to a Colombian place last night.

Now for more Yakuza 3 until we go to whatever a punk rock swap meet is this afternoon.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
punk rock swap.avi

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

No

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

punk rock swap.avi

That's just a bad vhs of a gg allin show

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

They're chasing around a gang that they think controls hyperintelligent rats but the gang actually is the rats so I let them chase rats around for a while, get attacked by a recurring miniboss, have a couple social encounters and had them fight the wererat group they thought was the boss but were shocked to discover they were actually minions

they still don't know the rats are collectively the gang, also i made sture to tell them that rats were pissing in their clothes every night

Nice

My players have discovered a weird underground town beneath a military academy and no it's absolutely not a ripoff of the Eternal City from Elden Ring shut up

But they found some bodies undergoing alchemical mutations and a weird lab and some instructions on how to alchemically infuse metal with unknown substances. They're all very much like "hey what the gently caress is this Dead Space poo poo"

They're about to uncover the Main Encounter for the chapter, which is the dwarf using alchemy/metallurgy in an attempt to resurrect an eldritch entity. If they solve some puzzles fast enough, they'll be able to interrupt the ritual instead of fighting a half-awakened cosmic dragon

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

PurpleXVI posted:

I tried this once and my players went so in on the hammer-based pyramid scheme the guy was pitching they tried to sell hammers to the big bad on the grounds that he might buy enough to equip an entire army.

It's a fool-proof strategy, is what I'm saying

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Skypie posted:

Nice

My players have discovered a weird underground town beneath a military academy and no it's absolutely not a ripoff of the Eternal City from Elden Ring shut up

But they found some bodies undergoing alchemical mutations and a weird lab and some instructions on how to alchemically infuse metal with unknown substances. They're all very much like "hey what the gently caress is this Dead Space poo poo"

They're about to uncover the Main Encounter for the chapter, which is the dwarf using alchemy/metallurgy in an attempt to resurrect an eldritch entity. If they solve some puzzles fast enough, they'll be able to interrupt the ritual instead of fighting a half-awakened cosmic dragon

badass

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Started a project that probably won't get far, but we'll. I got the rules for MÖRK BOLL, but there's not much interest in it with my usual nerds (who don't like sports, even in tabletop game for, I guess), so gently caress it, I run a league on my lonesome.

Rolled up the team names, player names, and jersey numbers for two teams:

The Madwizard Rovers
96 - Pink Bob
777 - Football 666
14 - Ham Destiny
39 - Crab James
XX - Smooth Silk Smithy

The Dawn Wood
56 - Deadly Piggo
14 - Right-Handed Daemon
12 - Pointy Daryl
32 - Mum's Favourite Hat
18 - Ada, The Best Boller

Now I gotta decide what minis I'll use. The rules have normal medieval weapons, so I might use some Frostgrave minis I've had in the backlog for a while. Or convert some Blood Bowl minis.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I started Yakuza 4, but I'm kinda taking a break after finally beating kiwami 2 and speeding through 3. Also drat, if 3 is the weakest entry in the series, that's maybe high praise considering how much I appreciated 3.

Also, some members of PYF may be aware, but the Goonfund has been revived under new management (as voted on by the community) and is officially incorporated and is able to take donations from anyone and everyone. And of course, dispensing aid to those in need. If you're interested or belong to either of the two groups I just mentioned - maybe check out the thread or even just bookmark it for now.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

on the picket line today, ain’t no scabs in my family and gently caress if I’ll cross a picket.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

on the picket line today, ain’t no scabs in my family and gently caress if I’ll cross a picket.

Hell yeah. Might end up on the picket line myself this year if we're all pissed off enough at the latest collective deal we got negotiated and decide not to accept it.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol I told people at a place I worked a while back that I wasn't gonna cross a picket line so if the machinists went on strike on and picketed, I would not cross it regardless of language about sympathy striking in our contract

Fuckin ridiculous that anyone ever allowed that poo poo to start with

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

:hai:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Hell yeah. Might end up on the picket line myself this year if we're all pissed off enough at the latest collective deal we got negotiated and decide not to accept it.

we're in the negotiation phase right now with our national government and they're being absolute dicks and lowballing us, so pretty much every non-STEM humanities/social sciences university faculty in the country went on strike today. looks like we'll be having more coming up, because the current government is on some austerity bullshit. thank god we still have pretty strong trade unions here. our trade union in particular also has a history toppling governments when they get involved.

but yeah, i spent 5 years in the US as a teamster and i have literally never been treated better by an employer. unions rule.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NoiseAnnoys posted:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

:hmmyes:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

being on strike is exhausting, but important

fight on comrade

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Under no circumstances should anyone ever gently caress with the teamsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lol the one time my d&d group picked diplomacy it was against some loot pinatas