Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ulvir posted:

being on strike is exhausting, but important

fight on comrade

it is an interesting experience being a trade unionist in a country which was under totalitarian rule for 41 years, let me tell you. :ohno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

NoiseAnnoys posted:

on the picket line today, ain’t no scabs in my family and gently caress if I’ll cross a picket.

you're doing good

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

on the picket line today, ain’t no scabs in my family and gently caress if I’ll cross a picket.

hell yeah

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

things from the strike today that were cool:

- large turn out for the picketing and protest to support the strike, people stayed through the speeches even in the horrible inclement weather
- a central european chud trying to heckle the protest got thwacked with a cane wielded by an elderly bystander who was around in the revolution
- lots of old people asking us about the protest and joining in
- watching my sweet grandmotherly coworker show up in what looked like hockey hooligan facepaint carrying a big rear end drum to lead the march
- lots of administrative support from the universities and schools in the region
- tons sympathetic nation-wide tv coverage

second strike is locked and loaded for a week or two from now, i think? the negotiations are supposed to go back on thursday, but we'll see.

thanks for all the support friends, here's hoping we get something out of it.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

- large turn out for the picketing and protest to support the strike, people stayed through the speeches even in the horrible inclement weather
- a central european chud trying to heckle the protest got thwacked with a cane wielded by an elderly bystander who was around in the revolution
- watching my sweet grandmotherly coworker show up in what looked like hockey hooligan facepaint carrying a big rear end drum to lead the march
- lots of administrative support from the universities and schools in the region

second strike is locked and loaded for a week or two from now, i think? the negotiations are supposed to go back on thursday, but we'll see.

gently caress yeah all around but especially at

quote:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Who is downvoting this thread. Show yourselves cowards

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Heath posted:

Who is downvoting this thread. Show yourselves cowards

Oh poo poo I can look at that information, cool.

Shifty Nipples has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Mar 29, 2023

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Tune in to izwf

Twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

we're in the negotiation phase right now with our national government and they're being absolute dicks and lowballing us, so pretty much every non-STEM humanities/social sciences university faculty in the country went on strike today. looks like we'll be having more coming up, because the current government is on some austerity bullshit. thank god we still have pretty strong trade unions here. our trade union in particular also has a history toppling governments when they get involved.

but yeah, i spent 5 years in the US as a teamster and i have literally never been treated better by an employer. unions rule.

IBT
:cheers:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

this kicks extreme rear end dude i love it

today i was going to get a new battery in my phone but the repair place didn't get a replacement battery delivered soon enough so i gotta go back tomorrow. guh!!!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it is an interesting experience being a trade unionist in a country which was under totalitarian rule for 41 years, let me tell you. :ohno:

that I can't relate to

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

former local 743 here!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Mind if I ask where these strikes are happening? Because I figured I'd have seen something about 'em in the news or social media sphere somewhere, and I'd love to follow along and see how it goes.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

at the risk of doxing myself, Czech Republic.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
God drat Mine is stone loving cold. You don't know worth, motherfucker

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm IBEW and guys in our local have been pissed for a long time cuz someone like 20 years ago let the contractors get "no strikes allowed" into the contract language

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Been playing Metroid Dread on the thread recommendation, and after many attempts over a couple hours I finally beat kraid

lol what I have gotten myself into

How much more brutal are the next bosses?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

at the risk of doxing myself, Czech Republic.
Gotta be more than a few English fluent Czechs out there. Don't worry, you haven't narrowed down much pii.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a new sushi restaurant opened up near where i live and i'm going to go there for lunch. very excited.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Did not expect yakuza 3 to suddenly smack me in the goddamn feels holy poo poo.

Chapter 11 for ref

E: okay yeah gently caress this whole rear end chapter jfc. Just trying to play a game while charcoal starts and suddenly THAT

iwentdoodie has a new favorite as of 23:52 on Mar 31, 2023

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gonna foster this dog soon

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

he looks awesome

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

prayer group posted:

today i was going to get a new battery in my phone but the repair place didn't get a replacement battery delivered soon enough so i gotta go back tomorrow. guh!!!

today I learned two things: 1) my tablet's stylus requires batteries 2) AAAA batteries are a thing

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Heath posted:

That's a joyous looking dog!
Hope you're excited for walks and have some balls for throwing.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Heath posted:

excellent dog

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

B33rChiller posted:

That's a joyous looking dog!
Hope you're excited for walks and have some balls for throwing.

She doesn't seem like a fetcher but she's extremely down for hikes and it is the season. She's also round as gently caress and needs the exercise so I'm gonna get her out

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Heath posted:

So goddamn fluffy

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Heath posted:

Fuggin A wanna pet that dogge. Wanna pet. Dog

rox
Sep 7, 2016

wb boba btw

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's such a good puppy 🤩 🥺

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Her name is Yuki and you bet your rear end she is gonna get a pretty pink bandana

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Heath posted:

Her name is Yuki and you bet your rear end she is gonna get a pretty pink bandana

:kimchi:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pleasing hound

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Mods please. My new un

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm watching a Ripper playthrough thanks for mentioning it it's amazing

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

womb with a view posted:

today I learned two things: 1) my tablet's stylus requires batteries 2) AAAA batteries are a thing

I expected something a little more weird looking, though it's fun to imagine that the batteries are just really excited about something they saw on Twitch

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I smoked some ribeyes

This idiot “helped”

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'm in an airbnb and the bed is the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in, and yet I slept for 9 hours without stirring. What

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

eating only apples posted:

I'm in an airbnb and the bed is the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in, and yet I slept for 9 hours without stirring. What

sounds like you have some soul searching to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

MarcusSA posted:

This idiot “helped”

It's important that he help you not have any leftovers, clearly. Food waste is a serious issue.