Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

"getting a lot of boss baby vibes from this" but make it ai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
let's delve into the unintended consequences of offshoring your llm training
https://twitter.com/then_there_was/status/1780711545665949723

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lets delve into new frontiers in agile project management

https://twitter.com/wzrd331/status/1780644517500125312

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

pmarca is still a plague upon this land

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

FMguru posted:

[lights up cigarette after foursome] ok so before we start let me just reiterate that this is a blameless retro

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sure if you're a 20 person polycule maybe that works, but once you get bigger you have to stick to the tried and true waterfall methodology

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mystes posted:

Sure if you're a 20 person polycule maybe that works, but once you get bigger you have to stick to the tried and true waterfall methodology
airtable poly

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mystes posted:

Under Rick Osterloh, a new platforms and devices team will be dedicated to bringing AI to your phone, your TV, and everything else that runs Android.

that super sounds like a threat

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
2014: man i hate how little siri can do
2024: man i love how little siri can do

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

lol. i have a client who just had me deploy "gpt-4 llm, for writing contracts"

i cannot wait to see the results

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

infernal machines posted:

sounds like you'll have a few things to delve into

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

I'm skeptical that this is the reason but maybe

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

that's the thing you can't actually know why

you can only bodge a workaround after

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

ok

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

mystes posted:

what part, the use in medical studies, the origins in rlhf, both, or neither?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chatgpt using "delve" a lot because of Nigerian English specifically.

I mean, surely the workers didn't sit down and write all the content to train it on? Wouldn't they more be scoring or choosing between different outputs or something?

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 18, 2024

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hopefully you wrote your contract yourself and have explicit liability waivers for this kind of thing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mystes posted:

I mean, surely the workers didn't sit down and write all the content to train it on? Wouldn't they more be scoring or choosing between different outputs or something?

it might be a thing where if it outputs something weird it goes "how would you say this better?" and they have to reword it themselves

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

hopefully you wrote your contract yourself and have explicit liability waivers for this kind of thing

i was directed by them to implement it, at no point did they ask for my opinion on it. it's implemented to spec.

given that their entire practice is business law, this should be interesting

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i was directed by them to implement it, at no point did they ask for my opinion on it. it's implemented to spec.

your honor, i have no idea what's going on when it comes to this tech mumbo-jumbo. i cast full blame on that nerd over there, who did it wrong and is probably a communist

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
precedent is a light slap on the wrist (a 5k fine)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FMguru posted:

i read that as "multimammory podcast", probably still not wrong

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol they will still blame you when something inevitably goes wrong

bob dobbs is dead posted:

precedent is a light slap on the wrist (a 5k fine)

contracts don't necessarily need to follow precedent per se (in the US at least, remember, infernal is in canada) but they do need to satisfy some basic elements that a LLM is probably ok at since it's really more structural than anything. but that's no guarantee that the language used to establish those basic elements is going to be correct or even just "mostly" correct (any technicality — again, in the US — can and probably will be used by a sophisticated enough party to wriggle out of it)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
precedent for loving up abominably in front of a judge using llm i mean. this is that made up citations guy

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the biggest consequence would be being held to the terms of the contract that the llm wrote and you didn't even look at - but the other party to the contract read and relied on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mystes posted:

of course not, they had chatgpt do it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jabor posted:

the biggest consequence would be being held to the terms of the contract that the llm wrote and you didn't even look at - but the other party to the contract read and relied on

this is the thing, it would be very difficult to hold me liable because the idiot machine in a box they licensed wrote a bad contract. it's a turnkey plugin for word, i didn't write the integration.

their clients however, may have thoughts on the subject.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jabor posted:

there is precedent for this too, an airline recently lost a lawsuit in which they were forced to abide by a policy the chat bot had made up

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

haveblue posted:

there is precedent for this too, an airline recently lost a lawsuit in which they were forced to abide by a policy the chat bot had made up

lol yeah, i was gonna say that basically anything the LLM writes they'd have to stick to, but idk if contracts in canada are like that

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

yeah, Air Canada!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Chris Knight posted:

yeah, Air Canada!

welp

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

i read that as "multimammory podcast", probably still not wrong

Pictured: not enough story points this sprint

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Chris Knight posted:

one actual good thing came out of Slashdot's karma system: after a few users were very clearly gaming the system, the code was changed so that your karma number was hidden, and possibly capped, so all users would see was like "negative, neutral, positive", or similar.

like even a dummy like CmdrTaco figured it out over the course of half a year lol

e: but like all of these idiots, he never took into account that people would immediately game the system. the hubris of "well, everyone will behave with pure logic, therefore we don't have to account for bad actors"

Forum karma literally more valuable than NFTs. Boomers have "we buy gold" scams. Millennials will have "we buy forum gold" scams.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FMguru posted:

smh turning your sex life into a job and not even getting paid for it

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

you get paid in mediocre sex, occasionally

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

When they said 'agile scrum' they didn't mean like Nude Twister

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

:whitewater:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao what the gently caress is that green thing

(monitor on)

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

at long last, we have created the Soulkiller from classic sci-fi video game Cyberpunk 2077

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

feed enough of your racist uncle’s posts into the prompt and you can recreate his dogshit takes on israel and the border just like he was still alive!