Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Saoshyant posted:

Hm, you can't drink them because it would be noticeable, but they can be small.

And also big. Much, much bigger than you...

So goodnight out there, wherever you swim HAHAHA

3 meters okay thank you very much and nope nope nope

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Manifisto posted:

were there no images of leonardo dicaprio's ghost? is he still down there drawing french ghosts in their altogether?

No ghosts there under 23, so he had to move on. It was a hard decision but he had to stay true to his slimy traits even as a ghost.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Manifisto

barnold posted:

presented for the approval of the midnight society is a Royal Navy Hammock Cat. now what is so spooky or haunted about a bunch of sailors and a cat in a hammock you might ask? well let the truth be revealed - these souls are aboard the HMS Hermione, which was fatefully struck by a torpedo on June 16, 1942 and sank to the depths of the Mediterranean Sea, killing 88 men 🙀

:argh: drat you this was such a lighthearted and v byob image without the back story!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Stoner Sloth posted:

This is the last known footage of the Lusitania, one of the great Olympic class vessels of the Cunard line.

If any picture can be said to be haunted, or haunting, it is this one. Thank you for your consideration of this entry.

. . . whereas with this one, the graininess of the image actually lends it a haunted quality even without the story behind it.

Manifisto

Charles Bukowski posted:

I humbly submit a haunted sextant that sleeps in a coffin.

what on earth? does the ebay listing really call it haunted?

Manifisto

an epic story! I was gonna say it reminded me of something . . .

Manifisto

this is, not gonna lie, a perfect example of creepiness. I am imagining coming across that in some abandoned house in the woods, and getting a very clear sense that I should not under any circumstances pick it up . . .

any backstory, or did you just like the photo?

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

This is Chuuk Lagoon, the world's largest underwater graveyard. It is the resting place for 60 ships, 275 aircraft and thousands of people with human remains littering the floor. In 1944 this was the site of Operation Hailstone, an Allied offensive on a Japanese airbase that claimed the lives of over 3000 people.

Also this is the only image with actual ghosts :colbert:

agreed, you have about 300% more ghosts in your image than anyone else!

Quadramind

That's just the little boat in the spare room.

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

This fine lady does ghost tours of the canals and nautical areas of Duluth. She is haunted forever by the ghost of a taxi she can see but is unable to hail.

this lady clearly has a story to tell--multiple stories--and if I am ever in the Duluth area and have some time to kill I am 100% going to take one of her tours

Manifisto

okay, THE SCORES! this one was hard to judge.

zero points - nobody gets zero points this time around.

one and two points - nobody gets one or two points. they were all good submissions!

three points - Saoshyant (terrifying! haunted though?), your friend sk (hilarious image, but I am more intrigued than spooked), Charles Bukowski (the coffin certainly is puzzling but I do not feel haunted), viginti septem (love the story)

four points - Dumb Sex-Parrot (cool intriguing image), Stoner Sloth (nice bit of history), biosterous (just a great photo), Quadramind (lots of atmosphere but also nicely subtle), Tiny Myers (call david cronenberg!)

five points - Rarity (most ghosts in her image, also great image location), barnold (extra points for the byob connection), Finger Prince (awesome lady, clearly if not haunted herself is v familiar with da spooks)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

okay, watch this space, the next task is coming soon! more specifically, right around 1:00 PM EST!!

normally after the judging we will post the cumulative scores, but since this is the first round, we'll skip that this time!

Manifisto

quote is not edit dammit!

beer pal

my submission was so ghostly and spectral and ethereal that you couldnt even see the post

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Manifisto

beer pal posted:

my submission was so ghostly and spectral and ethereal that you couldnt even see the post

ooh let me go back and redo the scores!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
:toot:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

- - - -NEW TASK NEW TASK NEW TASK - - - -

Task 2

Helloooooooooooo my rock'n'roll fans!  It's me, your official for everything related to rock, rolling rocks and those who wish to rock with us!

Starting now, you have two hours (i.e. until 3pm eastern time) to become a "rock star" by finding and painting or otherwise decorating your very own rock.  Do you want to follow a certain theme? If you do, and I like it, I might be generous with the points! The choice and the creativity is yours, it is your special rock and it is your duty to design it the way it feels right for you and you alone! Well, except for the fact that I'm going to judge your rock based on what I find the best and whatever I like, which might follow certain "logical rules" but it might not!

So the simple task is find, then paint decorate and/or design, a rock in a way that pleases you, while I get to judge it. Makes sense, right?  Post one or more photos of your decorated rock in this thread by 3pm. 

Around that time, there may be a little follow-up task for you and your beloved rock to see how far we can take this.  More specific details will be posted ITT at that time!  Meanwhile, your time starts . . . now!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 22, 2023

Finger Prince

beer pal posted:

Manifisto posted:

ooh let me go back and redo the scores!

Beer pal's score is so ghostly and spectral and ethereal that we can't even see it. Zero points.

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

agreed, you have about 300% more ghosts in your image than anyone else!

objection!

those aren't real ghosts which, as we all know, don't show up on camera - hence there were millions of ghosts in my image, the spooky bit is you can't see them!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Stoner Sloth posted:

objection!

those aren't real ghosts which, as we all know, don't show up on camera - hence there were millions of ghosts in my image, the spooky bit is you can't see them!

They are metaphorical representations of the countless spirits resting as denizens of the depths

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Manifisto

Stoner Sloth posted:

objection!

Rarity posted:

They are metaphorical representations of the countless spirits resting as denizens of the depths

ah metaphors, effortlessly encapsulating the world around us, like some kind of, uh, figurative description . . . things

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

well yeah obviously but i got that plus ww1, ww2, whole 20th century baby and not just the ones at sea - it's a ghostravaganza!

Stoner Sloth

lol seriously well played everyone and barnold definitely deserved a bonus for hammock catte

Finger Prince

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

It is a rock star.

Quadramind

Official Submission

Beep Beep

Stoner Sloth

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

alright now it took me awhile to find this one mate, and as you'll clearly see i've gone to a lot of trouble to take just the perfect photo of it to really capture the special qualities of it. it was hard work to get the lightning effect just right to decorate it but i think the results speak for themselves

Manifisto

Stoner Sloth posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

lol somehow I knew . . . I just knew . . . this was coming

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

Manifisto posted:

amazing how much the hull looks like a gigantic whale, but it's the submersible that really makes the image by highlighting the scale. were there no images of leonardo dicaprio's ghost? is he still down there drawing french ghosts in their altogether?

his ghost is hiding, because when he died so did his confidence and screen presence. a haunted shell of a ghost, cannot bear to have his likeness captured any more

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

ft. the model

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hello, I'm celebrity judge Robert Smith and I vote this one a 5 out of 5.

This stone is perfect, much like driftwood it will remind us of eternity shaped like the face of an Egyptian god.

biosterous

kitty litter is partly rocks i am pretty sure, and fuzz from a cat toy is thematic decor

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

i'm at work and can't go find a real rock, but i took the liberty of decorating THE rock

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

i went outside into the dark and STOLE this rock from my landlord :hehe:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

Thank you Saoshyant. :)

your friend sk posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

i'm at work and can't go find a real rock, but i took the liberty of decorating THE rock

I think the drop shadow on the crown is a nice touch.

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
and when it's dry I'll put it back outside and everyone will be confused and inspired to paint rocks!

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
not much I can do at work but I did turn this rock into a hot dog! or, uh....a rockdog??? official submission!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Tiny Myers posted:

Thank you Saoshyant. :)

I think the drop shadow on the crown is a nice touch.

that's a hand drawn bad shadow 😎

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

lol somehow I knew . . . I just knew . . . this was coming

well you know what they say, great minds think alike and i knew our wise, humble, handsome Taskmaster would demand nothing but the best and that in their wisdom would likely want to give a high score and maybe even bonus points to avoid an international incident over denigrating ar National Rock :australia:

Quadramind

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

i went outside into the dark and STOLE this rock from my landlord :hehe:

I wish this was in the prize task

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Only a few minutes left for rocking submissions! Be sure you post your entry, so we can go forward with our.... special... super secret.... not at all secret addendum! Your rocks are going to be famous