Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
all of the other contestants outside of Snuff Melange were simply too intimidated to submit! congrats, I have given it a 4 due to the haunting effect I feel should I look at it for more than a minute! please share your award winning piece with the thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

thank you, teen witch you have been an amazing guest judge, please don't be a stranger to our forums!

out of solidarity I submitted my own flyer, not for points just for the heck of it:

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Yeah thanks TW, pulling double-duty as a human and a puppet in one project is no joke. Trace Beaulieu level.

Edit- Oops I misunderstood the prompt, zero stars!!!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 26, 2023

Sig by Heather Papps

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

teen witch posted:

all of the other contestants outside of Snuff Melange were simply too intimidated to submit! congrats, I have given it a 4 due to the haunting effect I feel should I look at it for more than a minute! please share your award winning piece with the thread!

thank you judge! I too have done my best not to gaze too long* into the abyss, and I recommend any other posters here do the same:

On the bright side, it does incorporate art from every artist teen witch listed. On the downside, it will take your soul.

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 26, 2023

Manifisto

new task will be up shortly! please bear with us!

Manifisto

Task 12

So we're coming down to the end of Taskmaster, and I think it is only fair that we go out in style--with a DRAGON! But we're not simply asking that you DRAW a dragon. Oh no, that would be entirely too simple. Your task is to MAKE a dragon out of entirely edible materials. So, for example, painting a dragon in ketchup on printer paper would not qualify, because paper is not generally considered edible. However, painting a dragon in ketchup on a canvas of sliced cheese, or a pizza crust, or the like would be absolutely fine. Submit a photo of your edible dragon ITT by 3:00PM EST today, Sunday Feb. 26, and await further instructions! Your time starts . . . NOW!

P.S. I am not the scheduled judge for this competition, so if you're appealing to the judge's taste buds, please be aware of this!!

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

:ninja:I wonder whose taste buds you gonna have to convince...

biosterous

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

bread canvas, crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jelly paint, apple wings

in this one instance i wish i'd had smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy

also i'm really hoping the followup task is "eat it and write about it" because i turned it into a sandwich and am currently eating it

biosterous fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 26, 2023

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Official Submission

I've decided to go very traditional and make a biblical dragon.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Manifisto

biosterous posted:

also i'm really hoping the followup task is "eat it and write about it" because i turned it into a sandwich and am currently eating it

Charles Bukowski

I really dont hope that

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

I also went the toast-centric route. My original plan was to draw the outline of a dragon on toast using mustard, but that felt too low effort and lame, so after a little brainstorming I realized I could just cut my very own dragon out of toast. Note that the bread used for this was stale enough that it was ready to be tossed anyways, so no food was really wasted here.

Loving the other submissions so far, especially biosterous's pbj dragon, which made me quite hungry.

e: uh oh, the "await further instructions" does make me worry I will be instructed to eat this dragon friend. That's gonna be a lot of toast D:

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 26, 2023

Charles Bukowski

That's awesome Snuff and all, excellent entries. I'm almost out of dragonish food, im in a blizzard and waiting for things to die down to get groceries. BIBLICAL ONION EYES ANGEL was my first and strongest thought when I opened my mostly empty fridge. I didn't want to just draw with condiments on a plate, though if we have to eat these that would have been alot easier and.. merciful.

Your carved pieces of toast have nicer lines than anything I've ever done artistically.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

ty Bukowski. Your interpretation of a dragon in the archetype of a biblical angel definitely had me rolling. Truly a horror to behold, not meant for the eyes of man.

Charles Bukowski

I'm going to have to eat at least 1 raw onion like an apple, aren't I?

e: wait someone laughed at something I've posted?

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Maybe the bananas and onions could sautee together and hopefully caramelize? I'm not much of a chef, not sure D:

biosterous

Charles Bukowski posted:

e: wait someone laughed at something I've posted?

i have laughed at several things you have posted, friend!

(and not in a "laughing at you" way, to clarify :yayclod:)

gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

okay here is my not-for-points comradeship entry:

roasted red pepper, romaine, tortilla chips, green onion/scallion, pistachios, and strawberry

ty nesamdoom!

Charles Bukowski

That looks delicious, I want to put that on Snuffys toast dragon

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

You counted me out, didn't you BYOB?? But I'm here now! And I rushed this thing awesome piece of creative art just for the last minute submission!

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Charles Bukowski

TROGDOR WAS A SAUSAGE
OR MAYBE HE WAS A DRAGON
OR MAYBE HE WAS A DRAGON SAUSAGE
BUT HE WAS STILL TROGDOOOOOOOOR

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

These submissions are definitely making my stomach growl -- maybe its time for lunch soon.

Manifisto

Saoshyant posted:

You counted me out, didn't you BYOB?? But I'm here now! And I rushed this thing awesome piece of creative art just for the last minute submission!

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Yeah thanks TW, pulling double-duty as a human and a puppet in one project is no joke. Trace Beaulieu level.

Edit- Oops I misunderstood the prompt, zero stars!!!

by the way, this was p funny

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

HELLO ONE AND ALL!
IT'S A ME, the actual, secret judge of this task! Yes, it was MY butt pulling the hidden strings all along.
Joe, submissions for this task are now closed, but I'm here with the follow up task!
What is it, you ask? Well, clearly, eat your dragon and provide a trip report!!

I can't wait how this plays out for you guys :devil:

e: and to be clear, the deadline for your trip report is 4:00PM EST today!!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 26, 2023

Manifisto

Snuff Melange posted:

e: uh oh, the "await further instructions" does make me worry I will be instructed to eat this dragon friend. That's gonna be a lot of toast D:

Charles Bukowski posted:

sorry about that . . . in taskmaster (the show), when someone says the submission must be "edible," that definitely should be a hint to the contestants (though it often isn't lol)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

TRIP REPORT for eating my roasted red pepper dragon

the ingredients almost work together as a salad, with the nuts and tortilla chips acting sort of like crunchies (croutons etc). the strawberry is a slightly unexpected note but there's not very much of it. I drizzled a little balsamic vinegar on it before eating, honestly what it really could have used is some crumbled feta cheese or the like. it was good! the predominant flavor was roasted red pepper of course, I rolled the other ingredients up in the lettuce leaves to start with. and now I feel like I have the power of THE DRAGON pulsating in my stomach, it's a very energizing feeling, just have to make sure I don't breathe fire on anyone/anything unless it's specifically requested or called for . . .

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

That's plenty fair, and a solid hint it is indeed. I'm glad I refreshed, I have 25 mins or so left. This uh, is unfortunate because I was just reheating some pizza. Oh boy. I'm not giving up easy though.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

shoveling stale toast into my mouth. I'm going for it, but times running out

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Taskmaster is serious business

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Trip Report:

As I type this up now, the final minutes are passing by. There is one set of legs left, and I'm trying to quickly chew through a body piece or neck or something right now. Getting big gulps of water in between pieces is helping it go down, although conversely the warm, not-stale plate of pizza lying to the side is the opposite of helping it go down.

I did *not* attempt eating the flame as it is not technically dragon. Currently chewing the last piece, the legs, right now. God these take a while to chew.

3:56 PM -- final piece swallowed, washed down with water. Definitely not great, you can really feel the stale after chewing for twice the normal amount of time on long-room temperature toast with no spread.

Saoshyant posted:

Taskmaster is serious business

biosterous

o poo poo 5min left

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION PART TWO

trip report: i took the wings off and ate them. it was a Gala apple (not a royal gala) and it was okay, much better than the last gala apple i had (nearly flavourless)

the dragon had more pb and jam applied so it tasted like a pb+rasp jam sandwich, which is my typical go-to for lunch. it was good! i really like the cronch and salt of the pb with the tart sweetness of the raspberry. the bread was ok, it is storebought mass-produced bread, but it's got a decent amount of grains and seeds and stuff in it

note that all parts of the sammich had some amount of crunch to it (peanuts, rasp seeds, bread grains). i like a good cronch texture to most of my foods!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

thanks you for your last minute entries for the second part! it's a few minutes after the hour, I'm afraid submissions are CLOSED. judging will follow relatively soon!

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

I salute you guys for the sacrifices you, your taste buds and your stomachs may have provided for this task :patriot:

Also, in my follow up announcement, my phone addressed a certain Joe in the post. This wasn't intentional, but now I am wondering who Joe is and if he could draw an edible dragon

Goons Are Gifts

TIME TO JUDGE THIS TERRIBLE SIN AMAZING AND HEALTHY TASK
I want to preface this by saying thank you for your full body enthusiasm and engagement you provided here, people. I fully understand if you didn't eat some of those submissions, although in spirit of taskmaster I do have to subtract points for those to acknowledge those who did eat their dragon. I mean, we aren't dragon slayers in byob, but if you do it, drat that's something!

biosterous posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

bread canvas, crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jelly paint, apple wings

in this one instance i wish i'd had smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy

biosterous posted:

o poo poo 5min left

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION PART TWO

trip report: i took the wings off and ate them. it was a Gala apple (not a royal gala) and it was okay, much better than the last gala apple i had (nearly flavourless)

the dragon had more pb and jam applied so it tasted like a pb+rasp jam sandwich, which is my typical go-to for lunch. it was good! i really like the cronch and salt of the pb with the tart sweetness of the raspberry. the bread was ok, it is storebought mass-produced bread, but it's got a decent amount of grains and seeds and stuff in it

note that all parts of the sammich had some amount of crunch to it (peanuts, rasp seeds, bread grains). i like a good cronch texture to most of my foods!
This is a tasty dragon. A really tasty dragon! Optically, it may not be as traditional or typical as some other iterations of whatever culture defines what as a dragon, but in spirit, this is certainly a dragon. I applaud the effort you went through and that you ate the dragon before it was even a task, that shows some bravery, because dragons can be deadly enemies. Although I admit, this one in particular seems to be less powerful in strength and more powerful in taste. Five points for this slain dragon!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Official Submission

I've decided to go very traditional and make a biblical dragon.

A fast dragon, a strong dragon, a dragon that, if eaten, would be quite an adventure. Given the amounts of bananas involved, not just for you, but also for your toilet. I understand why you didn't go forth to tear apart a whole onion and blessed your toilet with the result of like a kilo of banana, but I still only can hand out two points for the quick and brave submission! After all, having to eat this was always a possibility and you still made this!

Snuff Melange posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

I also went the toast-centric route. My original plan was to draw the outline of a dragon on toast using mustard, but that felt too low effort and lame, so after a little brainstorming I realized I could just cut my very own dragon out of toast. Note that the bread used for this was stale enough that it was ready to be tossed anyways, so no food was really wasted here.

Loving the other submissions so far, especially biosterous's pbj dragon, which made me quite hungry.

Snuff Melange posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Trip Report:

As I type this up now, the final minutes are passing by. There is one set of legs left, and I'm trying to quickly chew through a body piece or neck or something right now. Getting big gulps of water in between pieces is helping it go down, although conversely the warm, not-stale plate of pizza lying to the side is the opposite of helping it go down.

I did *not* attempt eating the flame as it is not technically dragon. Currently chewing the last piece, the legs, right now. God these take a while to chew.

3:56 PM -- final piece swallowed, washed down with water. Definitely not great, you can really feel the stale after chewing for twice the normal amount of time on long-room temperature toast with no spread.
This is just perfect. The dragon looks amazing, it even attacks you with fire! And even though it is entirely edible, stuffing your face with this much toast is certainly not something you do for nothing. You summoned a beautiful looking, aggressive, fire spewing dragon and beat it using the power of your will and a lot of saliva and water. This wasn't for nothing, it was for the full five points!

Saoshyant posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Another quickly summoned but yet powerful dragon. Is it edible? I mean, It kinda is, right? I see why you didn't test it on that regard, but still, you made sure that no one could count you out. I certainly won't do so now, and award you two points!

Thank you, brave dragon fighting yobbers. This was certainly a dangerous task to fulfill but you did it! You can now rest on the smoldering remains of your dragon friend, as he will rise again like a Phoenix from the ashes in about a day. Probably. Inside your butt and your toilet.

Manifisto

thank you all for some excellent edible dragon entries! and that is some powerful judging GaG!!

for the curious, here is how the points currently stand

Snuff Melange 50
Charles Bukowski 44
Rarity 26
biosterous 21
your friend sk 13
Dumb Sex-Parrot 12
Stoner Sloth 12
barnold 10
Finger Prince 9
Quadramind 7
Tiny Myers 6
Saoshyant 5
Viginti Septem 3
Heather Papps 1

snuff melange may have pulled out an unreachable lead for first, but biosterous is within striking distance of rarity for third place! and that brings us to the LAST AND FINAL TASK OF TASKMASTER, this one is for all the marbles! to be announced shortly! and if you have not participated in any taskmaster tasks so far, this is your chance to earn the bragging rights to a gang tag and a lapel pin!

Manifisto

TASK 13 (THE FINAL TASK!!)

You have until 6:00PM EST tonight to stage a dramatic reading of any BYOB post with a date prior to February 22 (i.e., any post made prior to the start of Taskmaster). You can go back as far as you like, as long as it was posted within this forum! youtube or vocaroo.com are suggested as places to host your reading! Your time starts . . . now!!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

LAST AND FINAL TASK OF TASKMASTER, this one is for all the marbles! to be announced shortly!

:holy:

Charles Bukowski

Official late submission cuz I didn't see any posts

I get zero points and I DID NOT ENJOY THIS BLECH I need booze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Official late submission cuz I didn't see any posts

I get zero points and I DID NOT ENJOY THIS BLECH I need booze

oh noooooooo :aaaaa: