Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch

Task 10

oh, hello

you have been tasked to create a flyer for chillinternet.club, as it seems that graphic design is everyone’s passion.

(Curious about the odd Url? I’m not. I’ll die wondering. But perhaps you won’t have to be checking this out
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813903 )

However as a designer you realize that different clients have different needs. You not only must keep that in mind, but also engage with your creativity to design something that doesn’t look like it was slapdash in PowerPoint two min before deadline and off spec.

As *your* client, I too have my own set of guidelines for completing this order, and thus, this task.

- Standard 8.5 X 11 or A4 size, as it’s a flyer to be printed. This is a trap.
- It’s 2023 and I tire of comic sans and papyrus. Wow me with typographic exploration
- The copy text is yours and yours alone, however it must contain the URL
- File type and program used is up to you however I must be able to open it in Photoshop, Illustrator or inexplicably but feasibly, InDesign. If you send me some obscure file type, I will send you to the morgue (but in a loving way). You are welcome to check that with me at any time during the task.
- I, personally, love artists such as Lee Krasner, Milton Glaser, Tony Viramontes, Keith Haring, and Yayoi Kusama.
- I don’t expect what you produce to be in the latest Artforum, but I do expect an effort
- This task is to be completed on Feb 25th, by 1PM EST. That means, final file in my inbox (someawfulwitch at gee male dot calm), by that time. Don’t post it in the thread until the victor has been declared.
- Please title your files as such “username_flyer” and its extension. otherwise I won’t know who did what and I will be spiteful in my guesses.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch

Task 11

Dying alone. Spontaneous combustion. Sock puppets. Everyone is afraid of something, and if you aren’t, I’ll give you something.

That fear?
Ruminate, now.
Explore it.
Swim in it.

As you are swimming along in your deepest fear, allow these questions to float by you. Answer them, or let them drift away.

- Am I scared? Or was I told this is scary, adapting another's fear?
- How much is your fear costing you in terms of health and happiness?
- What did you fear as a child? Teenager? How did you overcome these fears, if you did?
- Is your ego invested in your afraid of? Who are you with it, and without it?
- Thinking about your fear: do you feel it in your body? Sense your mouth drying up? Shake, twitch, rock?
- What about it scares you the most?

Unfortunately you swim a bit further, and you come across what looks like terra firma. You climb out of the water, relieved. Turning to see where exactly you are amid this endless sea of dread, you spot it out of the corner of your eye. Your fear.

Your task is to do something about it. Your task is to do something you are afraid of.

Dive back into the water, and show us how you swam. Text, visuals, sound - there are many ways to swim.

I don’t ask for conquest and victory over your fear. Nor do I ask for something that will put you or others in harms way. No fear is too small, too silly or too obscure.

Afraid of grapefruit? Drink its juice.
Terrified of confined spaces? Walk right into one and sing to the scaries.
Fear of death? Give it a kiss on the cheek and invite them to go color.

However or whatever you decide to do, in whatever form, I will need it by 6PM, Feb 25th. This you may post in the thread.

Now dive into the depths.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 25, 2023

teen witch
I see that we have two fear facers tonight!

Snuff Melange - despite my spooky demeanor, not a fan of things with too many legs myself! to sit in the dark, and face it, the unknown takes some chutzpah. couldn’t be me, especially the centipedes, holy poo poo no no no no. you get a four because that is the maximum amount of appendages a creature should have.

Charles Bukowski - I have three jerk sons myself, and they’re my sun, moon and stars. it’s a scary commitment sometimes, and I’ve had to face so much fear with them and their well-being, that I’d lose them too soon. but it’s undeniable how worth it that plunge was, and I regret none of it. you get a five but if you get him and not share images I will disqualify you immediately.

teen witch
all of the other contestants outside of Snuff Melange were simply too intimidated to submit! congrats, I have given it a 4 due to the haunting effect I feel should I look at it for more than a minute! please share your award winning piece with the thread!

teen witch

Charles Bukowski posted:

Follow up to the fear task: I met Mr. Skye the kitty today and submitted my paperwork to adopt him. He is staying in kitty jail to be neutered and I can pick him up by Thursday. I ain't no liar, especially for a taskmaster challenge. Kitty pics coming soon.

Here he is in lockup.

little guy! my heart omg. get him a hammock. aaaaaa sweet baby omg