Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Hello Friends! It’s my honor to present to you:
TASK 9 – IT’S DIORAMA TIME!
:duckie::duckie::duckie:
You have until 4:00pm EST tomorrow (Saturday, Feb. 25) to create the best diorama depicting a spring scene with a BYOB twist! Although a shoe box is traditional, you can create your diorama in any enclosure you have handy and use any materials that seem good to you. I realize that it's hard to create a perfect diorama in less than 24 hours, just do your best! Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the adequate!

Post at least one photograph of your diorama in this thread by the deadline, and please don't post your entry until within one hour of the task deadline (i.e. you can post your diorama starting at 3:00pm EST tomorrow). Judging will start sometime after 4:00pm, perhaps around 4:15. Good luck!
See you soon!
:duckie::duckie::duckie:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Goatse and Gallant posted:

FLUFFIEEEEEEE HELLOOOOOOO
God I have missed you and your posting so much!! So happy to see you back and it's for lovely DIORAMA, the most heartwarming thing of all

Fluffie you won't believe the amount of poop and fart jokes we made in the mod forum in your absence it's really crazy

Hey friend! :glomp:

Manifisto posted:

by the way fluffie, we have sorely needed a diorama thread for some time! the closest I got was making a virtual diorama showing luvcow how to make a diorama thread:

This is freaking adorable

FluffieDuckie

TASK 9 JUDGING

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Hello I have never made a diorama but I think I got what I wanted to convey. The majesty of one's first outing through the natural world during its rebirth while also preparing for the realities of it, plus getting loaded.

We have our hero, the intrepid and noble possum "lil posso" enjoying their spliff and Miller high life (the champagne of beers) on their nature quest. As you can see the sun is finally out after a thousand gray skies to melt away all the snow that made us sleepy. They have brought their sweet binoculars they got at a garage sale as well as their smart business umbrella they got at a lost and found when it was raining out last. They've also brought their sensibly priced Kabar, portable james joyce, and afterbite for the bazillion mosquitoes that exist now that we don't gas everyone and everything with DDT anymore. Watch out lil' posso, there's a lovely yet dangerous mother owl observing you from afar. Luckily you can quickly fashion a tree limb into human's oldest and greatest tool, the spear, using your kabar you smartly decided to bring. You will fend mother owl off until similarities can be established rather than differences and bonds can be formed out of mutual respect and friendship. Until then, you spin that spear around your back and shoulders and do some sweet crouching tiger poo poo that looks dope as hell and intimidates the deck out of Mrs Owl. Hiyaaaaah, whoosh whoosh. What's a diorama?

This entry is spectacular. I'm in love with posse and and personally vested in his journey. i loved him so much I showed the whole household and we all laughed and cried. Extra points for your monkey socks. I award this effort 5 points. Thank you for sharing.

Snuff Melange posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Just finished up my diorama, down to the wire!

As you can see, we have the Taskmaster and Little Alex Horne on the right, with their usual trappings. Spring decorations are spread throughout to help everyone appreciate the season, and we're joined by an adorable kitten in a hammock and the Snail With Human Titties.

To the left, some of the contestants are depicted in our lounge area, sat across from the Taskmaster just like on tv!

If I can critique myself for a moment, I think it could definitely have made better use of 3D space, but I'm moving slow today and didn't think of anything better in the time remaining. Looking forward to catching up on the thread and seeing other submissions, I've been hurrying to get this done!

This entry wins the award for best use of byob posters and memes. Anytime I get to see a snail with human titties you know I'm going to have a good day. An excellent effort and best depiction of what it probably looks like to be physically inside byob. I award this entry 5 points. Good job.

Manifisto posted:

good thing this is not for points, being late!

the byob residents are doing a maypole thing over on the right, but the smart ones are paying attention to that taskmaster trophy!

oh and entries are now CLOSED for the task!

I'm told I can't judge this one but lets just say that if I COULD judge it I would award it best use of glue and googly eyes and award it maximum points.

Thank you for inviting me to participate. It was good to see my yobber friends again. And thank you Manifisto for all the work you've done on this project. You've gone above and beyond :love:

FluffieDuckie

Thanks for including me guys! I had fun.