Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dr Rocksalt posted:

Okay and sad brain monday thoughts. I’m getting kind of burnt out on this. Normally I’d switch to a different project, but with a race in a month that’s not really an option. Last week I also had to end things with a person I was seeing because it went south real fast. It was the second attempt with her, and she broke my heart real bad last time, and and this go around wasn’t great either. Just kind of sucks.

This sucks all around. Good luck to you getting through it. It's interesting to read about and I'm enjoying the thread for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Hell yeah, cheers

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

kastein posted:

Maybe a harness issue? One broken wire could easily kill power to 3 injectors

Possible I guess but I think you'd notice it only running on half the cylinders. Still seems more likely than 3 dead injectors on one bank, though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Aircraft stripper. A couple rounds of that and then clean them really well and paint/powdercoat them whatever you want.

Wear gloves. And probably sleeves. And not shorts. That poo poo burns if it touches your skin.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dr Rocksalt posted:

Right on, took your suggestion and grabbed some. Plus it sounds like I can use the leftover to get rid of a few bad tattoos!

You were warned.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dr Rocksalt posted:

After infinite scraping and many coats of that stripper, the wheels looked like utterly garbage. I’d been fighting it so long I just gave up and dropped them to be media blasted and powder coated. Stupid waste of money and all, but I just needed a thing off my plate.

drat, sorry it didn't work out. That stuff usually just makes paint bubble right off after about 2 coats. :(

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Neon sign lights for the numbers.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If it makes you feel better, I once did something similar in a Miata. Battery is in the trunk in the corner and it's tiny, so a wrench or ratchet can touch both terminals simultaneously without much trouble. Except then there's trouble. It didn't do any damage but scared the poo poo out of me.

It was either this or I put the battery in backwards. It has been some years since then.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

From my dsm days in pretty sure most of the 4g63 and 64 are similar. I believe the head is the same so it should bolt up. I would say that's insane but then I remembered what I've already seen in this thread, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Not shiny and chrome but it'll do.