Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

A problem surely fixed by more welding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Dr Rocksalt posted:

Solidworks currently shows a weight of over 3 kg, and the print time for a prototype is estimated at like 15 hours. Here is the current version I’m working with, all one piece with a way to actually get nuts on, hence the funny runner shape on one.

How thick are your runner walls? They look very thick there and this is probably contributing to your issues with having to have an odd runner at the end.

I saw earlier you had an angle to flat adapter for the intake where it bolts to the heads, would it maybe make more sense to keep the bolts angled with respect to the intake and just use longer bolts? You could then beef up the space between runners to support the weight of the supercharger and thin out the walls as they won't be as structural as previously.

Hopefully that makes sense. It did in my head at least.

E: I was thinking the block was drilled like on the right, but from looking more through the photos it looks like it's the situation on the left where the bolts are oriented vertically and are at an angle to the machined surface on the head, correct?

Maybe a thinner runner and a cap screw to hold the intake in place would work, you can use a ball socket allen key to deal with the clearance issue rather than bumping in that one runner.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 6, 2024