Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I remember seeing the Try-Power on the Lemons Youtube channel and thinking "Now THIS guy gets it", it was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Clogged injector rail ? It may have supplied enough for idle but not under throttle.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Coincidentally, I've also been walking the photogrametry road the last couple weeks, trying stuff out to see what works. Meshroom's good, but these guys allow you to create accounts with just a throwaway email right now and the files they can export are pretty comparable to what I've been able to get out of Meshroom out of the same dataset, the advantage being they are obviously burning a lot of VC money to throw at servers so you get a lot faster render times than on my old 1070.

https://poly.cam

You can only export in gltf format from the free tier but blender can resave those in .obj to open palm slap into the Scanto3D importer in Solidworks

One of the input pics

Raw mesh

Autoconverted to solids

(The clown paint was to try and add some texture and reference points, since shiny black tubing is really difficult to reconstruct, but the thing that ended up working best was a spray bottle with some talcum powder dissolved in water)

Kafouille fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 6, 2024