Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sounds like oil starvation no? Was it on a high G turn or something? I'd guess the dry sump should fix it, and custom pistons are good insurance too.

That Starlet looks and sounds like a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dr Rocksalt posted:

I agree that it sounds like oil starvation, it's just odd the bearings and everything else don't look like it. Neither engine had been losing pressure at all before, but you're absolutely correct: long back stretch into a sharp downhill, super sharp high G turn, back on heavy throttle, BLAM. Second engine held on for a little while after that turn than the first, but still near it.

It would be cool if you could retro fit some oil squirters under the pistons or something, I remember all the Mazda BPs having those because of the turbo motors.

I think that's more for cooling tho than for starvation issues IIRC

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wow that looks like some weak rear end casting on that vice. Anyone make machined vices? Probably expensive but awesome I bet.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol is that a Lexus motor?

As far as electric impacts.....I have a Ryobi 1/2 and 3/8 and they have both been great altho when I got newer batteries they have some sort of safety shutoff now which is really annoying, the older batteries never did that. Must be due to heat I'm guessing, but it shuts down, so you have to take out the battery and put it back in to reset it. Seems to only do it when I'm taking wheels off, by the time I get to the third wheel it starts shutting down and I gotta switch batteries.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dr Rocksalt posted:

Again, panic is setting in and I'm regretting this decision.

I can relate to this :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Love it when it's just a sensor lol, glad you got it sorted, get a video of it running would love to hear it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That Raider looks like fun, post more about that too!

Also the wheels turned out great, nice job.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But they said racing is fun!

After experiencing a few spec Miata races and watching one of my friends at the time single handedly get the car ready and deal with issues gave me a new perspective, lots of work goes into it for a few laps of gratification and he wasn't even the one driving the car.

Also spent a few years in NASCAR Cup garages and saw the stress levels there, you wanna talk about pressure, geez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Through the gates of Valhalla, shinny and chrome