Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
If you ran around the fountain in Sunny Villa "enough" after beating Spyro 3, and then stared into the fountain, Spyro would have a vision of all the enemies he had killed before he killed himself out of grief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
The weird kid Aaron (there has never been a normal Aaron has there?) told everyone in 5th grade that he saw the zombies have sex with Claire in RE2 using gameshark

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rented Sonic 3 and another kid in the store who wanted it told me if Sonic got hit he would bleed everywhere for the entire rest of the game, as if that would dissuade me

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
super mario world has a blue yoshi that can fly, a red yoshi that can shoot fireball, and a yellow yoshi that can create earthquakes. but it also has a black yoshi that can do karate.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

my friend dustin once told me that he had intel that nintendo’s next system would be called the “yoshi box” and would have slots to play your nes, snes, and n64 games as well as new next generation 3d games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

one kid at latchkey said he inviented a version of pokemon called pokemon black where pokemon could die and if you wandered around you'd see your skulls everywhere. i stopped hanging around with him when he threw a deck of magic cards at me and peed his chair at the library

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

GENESIS VERSION ONLY at the Mortal Kombat 2 title screen, press B 30 times and it unlocks nude mode

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

one kid at latchkey said he inviented a version of pokemon called pokemon black where pokemon could die and if you wandered around you'd see your skulls everywhere. i stopped hanging around with him when he threw a deck of magic cards at me and peed his chair at the library

Lmao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
One kid said his dad already had a Nintendo 356, which was two consoles ahead of the N64 and it had a game where you could be Mario in real life.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
A kid told me that if you stood in a particular spot in the Frigate mission of Goldeneye for long enough it unlocked a cheat that let you use the tank on every level in the game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ol yeller posted:

One kid said his dad already had a Nintendo 356, which was two consoles ahead of the N64 and it had a game where you could be Mario in real life.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ol yeller posted:

lmao wistfully

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ricky told me about a super secret NES code that involved a long sequence of buttons in between hot swapping Mario cartridges. I don't remember what it did.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

if you could kill 30 bots in Cruel Melee in SSBM you unlocked Sonic. I think the highest I ever got was 14 but I kept trying and trying

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

if you could kill 30 bots in Cruel Melee in SSBM you unlocked Sonic. I think the highest I ever got was 14 but I kept trying and trying

for us it was 20 but yeah we had ths one

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
kid at camp kept me at rapt attention about how microsoft had created the next doom and it was an rts

which i suppose turned out like, 66% right in time

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

buddy told me he put a Genesis game in his NES and said text came on the TV stating 'You can't play Sega games on a Nintendo' and his NES caught on fire.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arch Nemesis posted:

same but you unlocked the wireframe bots themselves

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

If you held left and mashed A it doubled the effectiveness of whatever poke ball you were using

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arch Nemesis posted:

If you held left and mashed A it doubled the effectiveness of whatever poke ball you were using

Ours was down and B

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

herculon posted:

buddy told me he put a Genesis game in his NES and said text came on the TV stating 'You can't play Sega games on a Nintendo' and his NES caught on fire.

before we got a snes or genesis and were thinking of maybe getting either, my dad asked the clerk at the small game shop we went to if there was some way to play games from one on the other, and the guy got really quiet and leaned over and told us "yes, but i cant sell it here"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

before we got a snes or genesis and were thinking of maybe getting either, my dad asked the clerk at the small game shop we went to if there was some way to play games from one on the other, and the guy got really quiet and leaned over and told us "yes, but i cant sell it here"

lmfao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Arch Nemesis posted:

If you turn your Gameboy off right as you capture Mew when you turn it on again you will have all Lvl 99 Mews in your party

----------------

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It was Up and B!

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

elf help book posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

up and a for us

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

It was Up and B!

It was this for us

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

holding down and mashing A, here

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

one kid swore by a and select but he eventually got his rear end kicked whn he said he made it up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

one kid swore by a and select but he eventually got his rear end kicked whn he said he made it up

sometimes as a kid you just lie without any reason and i think thats cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Ours was down and B
This. Also there was a Mew under the truck.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

The weird kid Aaron (there has never been a normal Aaron has there?) told everyone in 5th grade that he saw the zombies have sex with Claire in RE2 using gameshark

i had a weird Aaron in grade school as well who made a bunch of spurious claims about things you could do and unlock in Mario 64 (play as Luigi, ride-able Yoshi etc.) i didn't like the kid and we were actually kind of enemies (we were both poor and fat but i was smart (for my grade) and he was borderline retarded and this was a big point of contention for us as classmates.) but after hearing him talk about this for several days i finally went over to his house for a play date to play Mario 64 with him and catch him on his bullshit. i get there and find that his single file on the game has 4 stars and has only opened Bob-omb Battlefield, Whomp's Fortress and Cool Cool Mountain. he's presumably been playing the game for weeks at this point. i felt bad for him and got him all the way to the top floor of the castle before i left. we also played Cruis'n USA and he kept insisting on having it play the lovely Bluegrass song the entire time. also one time in school i was talking to my friends about my Game Genie for my original Game Boy and he barged in to the conversation saying that there was no such thing as a Game Genie and that i must be mistaking it for a Game Shark.

gently caress that kid. i never hung out with him again after that and i'm pretty sure he's dead now (meth).

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

(for the record this is not the same kid that was really into Zombies Ate My Neighbors)

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I'm still alive rear end in a top hat.

----------------

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

A kid in second grade told me that his dad worked for Nintendo and he had a copy of every single Nintendo game ever made. I hated that kid.

Everyone in my fifth grade class was trying various methods to revive Aerith, so we would all share rumors with each other on how to do it. The one I shared was that if you got back into Midgar on disc 1 you could save the sick guy in the pipe, he would be called THE GENERAL, and you would be able to get a special materia out of the mini fridge in the sector 5 slums item shop that lets you get past the fish in the City of Ancients and retrieve Aerith's body and revive her.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ours was down and B

Yep, this was mine. We also had the classic Mew under the truck. Someone swore there was a way to capture the generic Ghost that shows up in Lavender Town if you don’t have the Silph Scope and it knew all the strongest ghost-type moves and the enemy would be too scared to move every turn.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Kongming posted:

Everyone in my fifth grade class was trying various methods to revive Aerith, so we would all share rumors with each other on how to do it. The one I shared was that if you got back into Midgar on disc 1 you could save the sick guy in the pipe, he would be called THE GENERAL, and you would be able to get a special materia out of the mini fridge in the sector 5 slums item shop that lets you get past the fish in the City of Ancients and retrieve Aerith's body and revive her.

same here but with General Leo in FFVI

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

tmfc posted:

i had a weird Aaron in grade school as well who made a bunch of spurious claims about things you could do and unlock in Mario 64 (play as Luigi, ride-able Yoshi etc.) i didn't like the kid and we were actually kind of enemies (we were both poor and fat but i was smart (for my grade) and he was borderline retarded and this was a big point of contention for us as classmates.) but after hearing him talk about this for several days i finally went over to his house for a play date to play Mario 64 with him and catch him on his bullshit. i get there and find that his single file on the game has 4 stars and has only opened Bob-omb Battlefield, Whomp's Fortress and Cool Cool Mountain. he's presumably been playing the game for weeks at this point. i felt bad for him and got him all the way to the top floor of the castle before i left. we also played Cruis'n USA and he kept insisting on having it play the lovely Bluegrass song the entire time. also one time in school i was talking to my friends about my Game Genie for my original Game Boy and he barged in to the conversation saying that there was no such thing as a Game Genie and that i must be mistaking it for a Game Shark.

gently caress that kid. i never hung out with him again after that and i'm pretty sure he's dead now (meth).

Oh yeah that reminds me the smelly kid in third grade that no one liked (do not say this is me, thank you) called me at home at dinner time because he couldn't figure out how to leave Marrymore in Super Mario RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

cutting-edge tech company invests huge R&D resources into developing a ghost detection device only to find that it's all just poison gas from shallow graves on 20 floors of a Pokemon graveyard