Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is a thread for posting about what old consoles you still have or recently bought.

One the last few years I picked up a Dreamcast, Gamecube, and WiiU. For whatever reason I have a fondness for older consoles even if I don't game on them much. Especially ones like the DC and WiiU that were commercial disasters.

The second hand game market can be absolutely absurd though, an original MP in case with a manual cost me as much as the remaster that just came out. I also spent an arm and a leg getting an original gamecube controller but then ruined it because I tried to remove a gigantic label they'd glued to it with acetone and it scored the plastic really bad :negative:

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have an NES, SNES, Model 1 Genesis, TurboGrafx-16 with no games or controllers, Sega Saturn, modded PS1 with XStation ODE, N64, Dreamcast, PS2 and GameCube, OP. As well as several Game Boys and GBAs

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Atari 2600, PS1, Gold N64, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube, PS1, PS2, PS4, Gameboy pocket & color, Xbox, Xbox 360. old consoles ftw

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I never got rid of any consoles or games so everything has been collected over years. NES, SNES, genesis, N64, PS1, GC, Xbox, DC, 360, GB, GBC, GBA.

Never sell your games or consoles.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have an NES, SNES, Model 1 Genesis, TurboGrafx-16 with no games or controllers, Sega Saturn, modded PS1 with XStation ODE, N64, Dreamcast, PS2 and GameCube, OP. As well as several Game Boys and GBAs

Nice! I've been meaning to pick up a GB of some kind.

ol yeller posted:

Atari 2600, PS1, Gold N64, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube, PS1, PS2, PS4, Gameboy pocket & color, Xbox, Xbox 360. old consoles ftw

Hell yeah brother. You can't beat the feeling of playing on an actual old console over emus imo

my morning jackass posted:

I never got rid of any consoles or games so everything has been collected over years. NES, SNES, genesis, N64, PS1, GC, Xbox, DC, 360, GB, GBC, GBA.

Agreed, I shamefully sold my PS2 at a foolish time in my past.

Love that everyone has a dreamcast lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol this thread just to case poster's for the century's ultimate gaming heist.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

also: snes, gamecube, wii, wiiu, dreamcast, gbc, gbp, n64, ds, 3ds, xbox, 360, ps3 (original with ps1/2 backwards compatibility), atari lynx, neogeo pocket color

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the first person who doesn't post a dc in their list is getting annihilated

copy
Jul 26, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

still regret giving away the psx, ps2, and sega genesis+game collection

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My PS2 and Dreamcast won't turn on, NES, Genesis, SNES, GameCube and N64 all still work fine though

Wii U doesn't count as old cause it's in my living room and gets played every day

copy
Jul 26, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

the first person who doesn't post a dc in their list is getting annihilated

P-Mack posted:

My PS2 and Dreamcast won't turn on, NES, Genesis, SNES, GameCube and N64 all still work fine though

Wii U doesn't count as old cause it's in my living room and gets played every day

lol almost

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

Hell yeah brother. You can't beat the feeling of playing on an actual old console over emus imo

I restored one of those old wood panel late-70s RCA XL-100s so I could hook up my other old consoles to it lol. No feeling better.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Love that everyone has a dreamcast lol

I bought mine shortly after the console was discontinued and felt like a goddamn genius because everything was so cheap. my first game for it was an insanely scratched copy of sonic adventure which loaded about 25 percent of the time

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I have a NES, SNES, Genesis, PS 1-4, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii, the Xboxes, Game Boy Color (my OG Game Boy was lost many years ago), Game Boy Advance, GBA SP, DS, 2 DSi XLs, 3DS XL, 2DS, PSP, Special God of War Edition PSP for some reason, Vita, and 2 Neo Geo Pocket Colors. Probably have a few more handhelds I'm forgetting. Those just keep adding up.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ol yeller posted:

I restored one of those old wood panel late-70s RCA XL-100s so I could hook up my other old consoles to it lol. No feeling better.

lol hell yeah. I'm in a small space atm saving for a mortgage but can't wait to buy a place so I can fill it with CRTs lol

the dream set up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my brother sold my old consoles to buy drugs nd melted my snes in acid, so i've got n64, dreamcast, ps2, ps3, 360, wii (gave my gamecube to my sister who sold it immediately :negative:)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lol hell yeah. I'm in a small space atm saving for a mortgage but can't wait to buy a place so I can fill it with CRTs lol

the dream set up

god yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i gotta sell all my old poo poo i just use the mister now

copy
Jul 26, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

the dream set up

holy gently caress

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

my brother sold my old consoles to buy drugs nd melted my snes in acid, so i've got n64, dreamcast, ps2, ps3, 360, wii (gave my gamecube to my sister who sold it immediately :negative:)

sorry but also kinda lol about the snes just imagining a who frame droger rabbit situation with it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

sorry but also kinda lol about the snes just imagining a who frame droger rabbit situation with it

it ws an accident lol, he was doin some kind of chemistry thing (idk i was ten) and he dropped the bottle on it while there wasnt a game in it. corroded the poo poo out of the connectors

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ive got an nes, a famicom, a analogue super nt, a genesis (genesis 1 with the hd graphics badge on it! the one with the best audio!!!!), a n64, two dreamcasts, a ps2 slim (fail, i cant put a hard drive in it)

ive got the dreamcast, n64, and ps2 all hooked up to my modern tv through a retrotink 5x (sick as hell)

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

it ws an accident lol, he was doin some kind of chemistry thing (idk i was ten) and he dropped the bottle on it while there wasnt a game in it. corroded the poo poo out of the connectors

jesus rip

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, N64, GBA, DS, 3DS, XBOX, 360, PS4. My ex tried to get me to sell almost all of these because our place was small and I almost did but then we broke up

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, N64, GBA, DS, 3DS, XBOX, 360, PS4. My ex tried to get me to sell almost all of these because our place was small and I almost did but then we broke up

when did you last turn on the xboxc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CRT gaming kicks rear end, I've got Time Crisis 2 and 3 on the way once we move into our new place next week. Gonna post the setup once everything is up and running

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Sold or donated almost everything but have Saturn, Sega CD + Genesis that has never worked, 2-4 Dreamcasts, 2 GBA SPs with busted L/R buttons, GB Micro, PSP-2000, PS TV that I can't find, Gamecube. Also PS3 that is still hooked up. drat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also have a couple of 80s computers, an Atari 800XL and a weird Yamaha computer that's a synthesizer and also an MSX

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

when did you last turn on the xboxc

lol. Probably 2008. Had a copy of Advent Rising which didn't run properly on 360

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Brothers who randomly have acid vats ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Brothers who randomly have acid vats ftw

it was like a bottle! idk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

your siblings are insane

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gave my psx to my cousin Gabin but he modded it to power the kerosene pump in his outhouse, yarghhh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

gave my psx to my cousin Gabin but he modded it to power the kerosene pump in his outhouse, yarghhh

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

this but my shithead cousin, god gently caress him. he left the dreamcast and n64 though, so I've got gba, n64, dc, ps3, dsi and wii u as far as older consoles go

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Remembering american mcgays insane nintendo console spread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lol