Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

one of my earliest memories is playing Guerilla Warfare with my dad on the NES he got by selling matchbox cars. whenever he drove me to school on a friday it was a coin flip if i would just play hooky and he would call in sick to work and we would go to the arcade instead. young gaming parents ftw

Guerilla War kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Danaru posted:

My dad got so mad at me for beating him in Battletanx: Global Assault that he took the N64 to Jakarta the next time he went to work and "lost" it

He kept using the motorcycle tank and I kept ramming him with the hovertank, which was cheating apparently

lol reminds me of playing my dad and uncle in mario kart 64 and neither of them cared about winning and just spent the entire race throwing shells at each other but they wouldn't play battle mode because they knew a child would demolish them if he wasnt distracted by the race

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Guerilla War kicks rear end

one of the all time greats. snk did a rerelease of that and a bunch of other nes games for the switch a few years back

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

One of the only games my dad would play with me was soul calibur 2. he'd always pick seung mina and relentlessly use this move. wonder why

https://i.imgur.com/dRdK3lV.mp4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

One of the only games my dad would play with me was soul calibur 2. he'd always pick seung mina and relentlessly use this move. wonder why

Got a thread for your dad. Lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
lol at the idea of hearing your actual father say "daddy likey"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

ol yeller posted:

lol

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

ol yeller posted:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I think my dad watched me play the majority of skies of arcadia on Dreamcast. We also played a lot of rbi baseball together and had special rules about the types of pitches you could throw if you were winning heh

----------------

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Having a day off school for some reason and spending the day playing Rolling Thunder, Ghost Hunter and Platoon on the C64 with my dad.

Also remember a huge bowl full of Nerd candies, but I think my memory is exaggerating that.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

My mom had some weird hang ups about video games mostly being a boy activity so our family video game collection was curated by my brother. When they divorced my dad got a playstation and bought me a copy of Crash Bandicoot and Monster Rancher. It was the first time any games were bought thoughtfully with me in mind. I was obsessed and I wouldn't shut up about how magical it was that I could offer my dad's Metallica cd or whatever to the game and generate a new monster.

I remember coming home from a visit with my dad and my mom smugly presenting me with a game for our sega console that she choose 'just for me' and it was a game called Awesome Possum Kick's Dr Machino's Butt. I don't know if I was more excited that my mother got me, her darling girl, a game of my own or that the game title held the forbidden word 'butt'. It was a bad game but a big moment for me.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Cousin Foomin posted:

My mom had some weird hang ups about video games mostly being a boy activity so our family video game collection was curated by my brother. When they divorced my dad got a playstation and bought me a copy of Crash Bandicoot and Monster Rancher. It was the first time any games were bought thoughtfully with me in mind. I was obsessed and I wouldn't shut up about how magical it was that I could offer my dad's Metallica cd or whatever to the game and generate a new monster.

I remember coming home from a visit with my dad and my mom smugly presenting me with a game for our sega console that she choose 'just for me' and it was a game called Awesome Possum Kick's Dr Machino's Butt. I don't know if I was more excited that my mother got me, her darling girl, a game of my own or that the game title held the forbidden word 'butt'. It was a bad game but a big moment for me.

lol heartwarming

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Cousin Foomin posted:

this rules and im happy for you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cousin Foomin posted:

lol cool

copy
Jul 26, 2007

dad had to travel for work once and it was the first time me and mom didn't go with him and i really missed him and he came home with a super nintendo and he was maybe more excited than i was and then we all played super mario world

copy
Jul 26, 2007

fondly remembering my dad demolishing me at Arch Rivals on NES

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cousin Foomin posted:

Lol that's a cute story. That game does suck rear end though, iirc it has quizzes about environmentalism between levels

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Not really here nor there but I looked that game up out of curiosity and what the hell are Brazilian games magazines doing

quote:

Brazilian magazine Ação Games gave the game an orange picture (the third level rating) for graphics, challenge, and fun; and a pink picture (the fourth and top level rating) for sound.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Not really here nor there but I looked that game up out of curiosity and what the hell are Brazilian games magazines doing

lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lol

Plutonis: I give this game 2 greens, a pink and a mauve

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

to this day i don't know why but my mom gave me a copy of katamari damacy as a gift. it wasn't my birthday or christmas or whatever, just a regular day. she said someone suggested her to get me that game. whoever that guy was: thank you.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

French Accent posted:

to this day i don't know why but my mom gave me a copy of katamari damacy as a gift. it wasn't my birthday or christmas or whatever, just a regular day. she said someone suggested her to get me that game. whoever that guy was: thank you.

cool guy, cool mom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

cool guy, cool mom

copy
Jul 26, 2007

French Accent posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

cool guy, cool mom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

French Accent posted:

speaking from personal experience, moms love katamari. My mom never really paid much attention to me gaming but whenever I pulled out We <3 Katamari she would always sit on the couch and and laugh and tell me to roll up various things.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao I found their sonic review and the rating looks like the Rat Frenzy version of Gamepro's

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao I found their sonic review and the rating looks like the Rat Frenzy version of Gamepro's

lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol wellp

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

jesus christ lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Cousin Foomin posted:

lol awesome.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol that's a cute story. That game does suck rear end though, iirc it has quizzes about environmentalism between levels

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in 5th grade I went over to a friends house for their birthday party, and a kid brought a whole PS2 with gta3 in it. we were all marveling at it, bday kid's mom walks in and says "Wow, look at those graphics!"

the kid with the ps2 goes "yeah watch this" and pulls out a bat and beats a random woman to death and sprays blood everywhere. the mom shrieks NOOO and literally loving yanks the ps2 out of the wall and rips out all the cables, and then called every single persons parents to tell them about this while yelling at us between calls

she tried to go on the no violence tangent with my mom, who just said "es un juego, tu eres boba?" (its just a game are you stupid?) and I was never allowed in that house again.

----------------