Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

in 5th grade I went over to a friends house for their birthday party, and a kid brought a whole PS2 with gta3 in it. we were all marveling at it, bday kid's mom walks in and says "Wow, look at those graphics!"

the kid with the ps2 goes "yeah watch this" and pulls out a bat and beats a random woman to death and sprays blood everywhere. the mom shrieks NOOO and literally loving yanks the ps2 out of the wall and rips out all the cables, and then called every single persons parents to tell them about this while yelling at us between calls

she tried to go on the no violence tangent with my mom, who just said "es un juego, tu eres boba?" (its just a game are you stupid?) and I was never allowed in that house again.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

quote:

and a pink picture (the fourth and top level rating) for sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qrUj34NZHM

Winning every fight with my new favorite insult "chernobyl breath."

Cousin Foomin fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 23, 2023

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

extremebuff posted:

in 5th grade I went over to a friends house for their birthday party, and a kid brought a whole PS2 with gta3 in it. we were all marveling at it, bday kid's mom walks in and says "Wow, look at those graphics!"

the kid with the ps2 goes "yeah watch this" and pulls out a bat and beats a random woman to death and sprays blood everywhere. the mom shrieks NOOO and literally loving yanks the ps2 out of the wall and rips out all the cables, and then called every single persons parents to tell them about this while yelling at us between calls

she tried to go on the no violence tangent with my mom, who just said "es un juego, tu eres boba?" (its just a game are you stupid?) and I was never allowed in that house again.

lmao

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ugh, if I listed all the chuddy things my ndad said to me while gaming, I'd get banned.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmao

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
When we played Mario Kart, he would always pick Bowser so he could say it.

----------------

copy
Jul 26, 2007

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

extremebuff posted:

lmao

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

My dad exclusively plays Harvest Moon and Pokemon Go.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Nostradingus posted:

My dad exclusively plays Harvest Moon and Pokemon Go.

I'm dad.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

"Walking again huh?" whenever I played Morrowind on xbox.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pewdiepie posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_j5tDuakKU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pewdiepie posted:

Lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Cool thread idea! My dad never really came in and made comments (like Pewdiepie's Morrowind one, haha) but we play games together often enough. Back when I was younger the two of us and one of my dad's friends would get together and game every Friday night on our PCs, which was always fun. Stuff like Battlefield 1942, Command & Conquer: Generals, as well as V8 Supercars Australia 3, mostly.

This has happened ever since I was 12, from memory. These days the three of us (plus another of my dad's friends and his son - we're a pretty tight gaming group!) don't play a large variety of games like before, or LAN at all anymore, but we still play games online once or twice a week. Almost entirely Rainbow Six: Siege, which we've been doing since maybe early- to mid-2016? Not sure how common it is for people to game with family a lot, but it's pretty good to have a regular games night with the gang, all the same

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

That Little Demon posted:

Let’s see I have some more:

First time I saw my dad cry was when I deleted his 80 hour FF7 save

Grandpa played NES with his two index fingers and the controller on a flat surface. He beat all of Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle that way

Dad got me FF6 for Christmas and it already had a 59 hour save of his on it lol

,,,? youre stealing my stories. WTF.. Bro wtf

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

That's loving stolen valor.

----------------

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

extremebuff posted:

lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Cousin Foomin posted:

My mom had some weird hang ups about video games mostly being a boy activity so our family video game collection was curated by my brother. When they divorced my dad got a playstation and bought me a copy of Crash Bandicoot and Monster Rancher. It was the first time any games were bought thoughtfully with me in mind. I was obsessed and I wouldn't shut up about how magical it was that I could offer my dad's Metallica cd or whatever to the game and generate a new monster.

I remember coming home from a visit with my dad and my mom smugly presenting me with a game for our sega console that she choose 'just for me' and it was a game called Awesome Possum Kick's Dr Machino's Butt. I don't know if I was more excited that my mother got me, her darling girl, a game of my own or that the game title held the forbidden word 'butt'. It was a bad game but a big moment for me.

Tearing up a bit.

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

extremebuff posted:

lolllll

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

,,,? youre stealing my stories. WTF.. Bro wtf

bro you got alzheimers?

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pewdiepie posted:

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

bro you got alzheimers?

thats my loving story you hack

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

it literally cannot be your story because it happened to me, all of it, and I'll post the logs

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

extremebuff posted:

My mom bought me Vice City because "it's just a video game" and never cared about video game violence, but she got mad when Diaz said "don't just stand there you pricks" because she hates swearing.

She also said I couldn't watch the Simpsons because it was "too adult", but in my 20s she finally admitted she just didn't like the Simpsons :v:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

insane anime posted:

it literally cannot be your story because it happened to me, all of it, and I'll post the logs

Maybe you two grew up in the same trailer park

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

both in 2018 lmfao Whoa

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3860413&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&highlight=deleted,ff7#post485166454

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3649384&pagenumber=1141&perpage=40&highlight=dad,ff7#post488626429

i think i posted the story sometime earlier than that on a different account ., but still lmfaoing

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

Maybe you two grew up in the same trailer park

GA and BBG are two aspects of the same person. It's a Tyler Durden situation

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

when i said disc 4 i meant 3. was thinking of ff8's case, but the game ff7.

----------------

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

my dad had major back surgery when i was in middle school, and for his whole recovery period he went to physical therapy in the morning and in the evening played resident evil 2. by the time he got cleared by the doctor to resume normal activities, he already beat both leon and claire’s stories

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

GA and BBG are two aspects of the same person. It's a Tyler Durden situation

sometime sthis lines up and sometimes it doesnt..

gamer dads
david foster wallace
both own the mde book lmfao
wife with big tits
pitchfork 2009-2013 music playlists
insane
addicted to mmos

however his cock is extremely small lol.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy poo poo lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

gamer dads
david foster wallace
wife with big tits
insane
addicted to mmos

lets show each other our dicks in PMs :D

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

gamer dads
david foster wallace
wife with big tits
insane
addicted to mmos

oh and lets not forget... MOBAS AND GAMBLING!!!

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

oh and lets not forget... MOBAS AND GAMBLING!!!

lmfao Goes without saying :cheers:

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
coin theory but its a two headed coin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

coin theory but its a two headed coin lol

i wish. i would gamble with that coin all the time lol and be loving rich

----------------