Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

My mom had some weird hang ups about video games mostly being a boy activity so our family video game collection was curated by my brother. When they divorced my dad got a playstation and bought me a copy of Crash Bandicoot and Monster Rancher. It was the first time any games were bought thoughtfully with me in mind. I was obsessed and I wouldn't shut up about how magical it was that I could offer my dad's Metallica cd or whatever to the game and generate a new monster.

I remember coming home from a visit with my dad and my mom smugly presenting me with a game for our sega console that she choose 'just for me' and it was a game called Awesome Possum Kick's Dr Machino's Butt. I don't know if I was more excited that my mother got me, her darling girl, a game of my own or that the game title held the forbidden word 'butt'. It was a bad game but a big moment for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

quote:

and a pink picture (the fourth and top level rating) for sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qrUj34NZHM

Winning every fight with my new favorite insult "chernobyl breath."

Cousin Foomin fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 23, 2023

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Nostradingus posted:

My dad exclusively plays Harvest Moon and Pokemon Go.

I'm dad.