Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Dad only played two video games with me, the original contra on NES until my mom started playing instead, and Mario golf 64 to which he remarked "This is really neat, video games have come such a long way."

The games he played on his own were myst, riven, and the first three journeyman projects.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Not my dad, but the first time I played doom two was on a trackball at my friends house because his dad insisted it was the superior way to play pc games. He owned 3 different trackballs, one of which was very expensive and said was off limits.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Me and my buddy were taking turns playing RE4 in the living room one time and my dad came in and was watching the game too without us realizing. At some point one of us died and suddenly my dad very loudly said "oh! that's so pwned!" We just looked back at him and didn't say anything and then kept playing lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Cousin Foomin posted:

My mom had some weird hang ups about video games mostly being a boy activity so our family video game collection was curated by my brother. When they divorced my dad got a playstation and bought me a copy of Crash Bandicoot and Monster Rancher. It was the first time any games were bought thoughtfully with me in mind. I was obsessed and I wouldn't shut up about how magical it was that I could offer my dad's Metallica cd or whatever to the game and generate a new monster.

I remember coming home from a visit with my dad and my mom smugly presenting me with a game for our sega console that she choose 'just for me' and it was a game called Awesome Possum Kick's Dr Machino's Butt. I don't know if I was more excited that my mother got me, her darling girl, a game of my own or that the game title held the forbidden word 'butt'. It was a bad game but a big moment for me.

lol awesome.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol that's a cute story. That game does suck rear end though, iirc it has quizzes about environmentalism between levels

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Not really here nor there but I looked that game up out of curiosity and what the hell are Brazilian games magazines doing

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao I found their sonic review and the rating looks like the Rat Frenzy version of Gamepro's

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol oh dad.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

Space Pirate encrypted data decoded.

Log 11.420.7

Pussy analysis continues to provide more questions than answers. Our research teams have isolated the energy conduit that runs from the exterior twin mandibles to the energy core in the creature's nucleus, but the manner in which a pussy actually extracts the life force from its prey remains an utter mystery. The victim loses only a tiny amount of non-vital fluids, and yet the pussy extracts energy; identifying this energy is our central problem. It takes no physical form, and yet without it, the victim experiences extreme lethargy and loss of focus, and may exhibit marked change in behavior in order to remain in close proximity to the creature. We will continue to research this matter, as the isolation of this life-giving essence could be the key to our ascendance.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Access to Chocha Ruins East granted. Please step into the hologram.