Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011
When I was in my early 20s i worked as a server in a lovely dive bar/grill that was basically one of the few restaurant options in the horrible small town I was stuck in at the time.
Admittedly I wasn't really waitress material, I'm impatient and suck at hiding my emotions. I only kept my job because the owner was a colossally incompetent rear end in a top hat and thus desperate for staff.

Thanks to the location being a bar, I dodged the bullet of lovely Christians "tipping" with Bible verses or whatever, but I had a surprising amount of people tip with coins, both loose and rolled. Most of them were decent tips. To this day I'm not sure how much of it was passive aggression and how much was people just being loving weird.

To my knowledge the kitchen staff, most of whom I was friends with, never actually messed with anyone's food. But anytime one of the local cops showed up, they'd avoid putting any effort into making sure the cop's order came out right.

The worst story isn't from me but from one of said kitchen staff. The owner really was a cheap SOB who cut any corners possible. I was watching an episode of The Great North where a character gets a job at a gross restaurant where the owners make him wash off and reuse leftover pasta off people's plates. I texted my friend like "lol did lovely Boss ever make you do that?" After 10 minutes of silence he replied "Yeah, he did. I warned everyone I knew never to order pasta there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU