Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Once I was working a tapas bar that had a big following amongst the lesbian community. NYE 2009 rolls around and we get rented out by a group called fyre womyn so they could throw a big bash. It was pretty fancy for what we were used to. I was doing table service, there was a fantastic dj and they even spring for two go-go dancers that were go-go-ing on the floor sorta behind the bar area.

At about 30 mins to midnight, I go to put something into the POS and as I was, one of the gogo dancers jumps to her left about two feet, swings her arm, and catches me in the eye with her thumb. Blinded, I slip and hit my head again on the grinder for the espresso machine. Go-go is unphased. I then manage to stumble back to the kitchen for an ice pack and a cigarette.

Lesson of the story: go-go dancers are dangerous. It's why they're supposed to be kept in cages. :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I worked for years in restaurants and have like, now shocking stories besides the go go dancer one I shared before. Apart from a few fights that were broken up pretty quick and working at one Greek place that served microwaved frozen moussaka for 25 bux, nothing comes to mind. Just chill hangs in between rushes with chill people. The money sucks but you could do a hell of a lot worse than the restaurant biz.