Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
One time I was working at sonic frying stuff and the guy working the grill kept asking the manager to cover him so he could go to the bathroom. They refused and told him to hold it so he poo poo himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Cleaning hoods loving sucks. I cut the poo poo out my fingers the first times I removed hoods because nobody told me they had special gloves to remove them.

Most of my restaurant horror stories are front of house stuff. I quit waiting tables and bartending right before Covid and I don’t miss it at all, poo poo loving sucked. Whenever I go out to eat or drink now I can’t fathom dealing with a full section any more and doing the whole turn and burn thing was what I liked best back then. gently caress all that

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A few fun quick hits:

The dish pit was separated from the server alley by one wall and that wall, much like everything else, was old and gross and thin. The tiling in the dish pit was all kinds of hosed up and the water over there would seep out into the server alley. We called it Lake (name of restaurant) because it would keep regenerating no matter how much squeegeeing you did.

The ice machine broke and was not replaced for two months by corporate. The GM at the time would cruise around down before he was due in every day buying every bag of ice he could find at the local gas stations and liquor stores, to the point that some of them banned him from buying their stuff.

The air conditioning unit was extremely old and lovely. I never bothered to get an explanation from anybody who actually knew what they were talking about, but the ceiling had lots of exposed vents and stuff and they would drip condensation all over the bartop section, to the point that the bartender (usually me) couldn’t take tables in the summer. I didn’t give a poo poo about getting tables when bartending but it was very embarrassing since it was the first thing you see upon walking in.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Once when I worked at a steak and shake we lost power for a while in the middle of summer. They had to close and get rid of a bunch of stuff from the coolers, etc. about a week later we ran out of dark chocolate syrup on the line and I went to go get some more from the dry storage area. Very dark and ostensibly the coolest non refrigerated part of the building. I brought the syrup back up to the line and opened it, as soon as I broke the seal on the lid chocolate straight up exploded out of it like somebody dropped a lil bitty bomb inside. Sprayed the entire line, all over the ceiling, all over the wall, all over the monitors. It smelled fermented and it was hilarious

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
One time at my old job a seventeen year old accidentally made finger flavored grated Parmesan with a machine he wasn’t supposed to be using due to being a minor. The machine was supposed to be slathered down with stickers or warnings or something that made it clear he should not be using it. Obviously it was not and he was being directed to use it as part of his prep duties. Sometimes I wonder how his workmans comp claim went.