Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh lovely, this was such a fun game and I enjoy how you're presenting it! Fyi, you have one broken bold tag near the end (university study choice), and one of Ill Peter's portraits is missing (right after the Perchta definition)

Let's see...

Basel
Craftsman
Rapscallion
Imperial Law
Latinist and Orator

All different stuff from what I picked, I'm curious to see what develops differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

This is going to be an excellent LP. I hope ropekid pops by at some point! I just started to play through Pentiment, but decision paralysis and work projects stopped me in my tracks.

Good point! OP, if you want, you should drop a link to this LP in the Video Games thread for Pentiment (spoilers for the entire game, obviously), as ropekid - aka Josh Sawyer - posts there quite frequently.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Samovar posted:

...it's not a thing that came up in this update, (but it has done in earlier updates) but something that this game does re. persuasion checks that I feel is not as good as, e.g. Disco Elysium, is that you don't see when you will be making a check, and you don't have an idea of how good your chances are before you make the check.

Now, I get that being able to see those chances would really change the feel of this game - it would certainly make it less realistic, but it did make the whole mechanics feel... Somehow pointless? Like, why was it necessary to mention 'this will be remembered' if one cannot see how it will effect things until it happens? It seems like it is an unneeded pop-up, since ALL things within reason that you do will be remembered by others.

... sorry if this sounds like I'm being harsh; I do still really like this game. It just came to me when I was thinking: 'what do I specifically Iike/dislike about it'?

I think the big distinction is that there's no random roll element to persuasion checks here - it's simply the consequences of all your relevant choices tallied up. What you don't know is how much specific choices will be weighed against others - if you look back at the persuasion check here, you'll see that offering to help made a big difference, while being a legal pedant only chipped away negatively at the check a little bit by comparison.

Anyways this may be my background with playing Telltale games ("Clementine will remember that") but I liked it as a narrative way to enforce that what you just chose Mattered in some way, big or small.