Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I appreciate the second playthrough, because the main is remarkably similar to my experience.

Usually i tend to play games in English, but tlfor this one I went with my native German. Weirdly enough, that translation had some glaring mistakes. Most prominently they translated "pet" with Haustier, which isn't techincally wrong, but does not refer to the act of petting. It felt really stilted when I read stuff like Haustier Mausfänger and I wondered why they felt the need to specify that those are pets, until I realized what was going on.

Anyway, i did like this story and felt like I learned quite a bit. but it's quite significant how splintered the region which is now Germany was back then. Tessin is a really desolate location in Bavaria and much of their traditions or culture didn't catch on in other parts of Germany. For example, even though I like history and legends I've never even heard of Perchta, even though she was a big deal in Bavaria and Austria.

Another little historic tidbit: thise holy relics had a tendency to multiply with plenty of people claiming to have the original. We all know Jesus had a dozen death shrouds and his cross was made from thosands of nails. But the most impressive inflation must be the story of Ursula of Cologne. Originally she died with 11 virigins. But at some point that was written weirdly and suddenly people insisted that she died together with 11 thousand virigins. Needless to say for decades cologne exported countless holy bones of dubious origins.
Also in Cologne there are totally the bones of the three wise men who came to Jesus's birth. Don't question how the catholic church originally obtained them.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

s__herzog posted:

Edited into the post.

That can't possibly be the proper way to do that. Imagine the smell of all that fish blood and brain parts.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, letting it die from whiplash seems better than bashing the fishskull into a rock.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Anna is probably my favorite minor side character of this game. Look at that little mischievous angel. She's so happy to have procured that hat!
Berthold is a bit of a Scheiß, killing the conversation like that. Twice!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 5, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

quote:

As a programmer, I will insist that periods belong outside of quotes. As a copy editor, I would expect the period to be inside the quotes. Talk amongst yourselves.

American English is stupid. What's the point of direct quotes if you're forced to bastardize them due to some obtuse grammar rule?
In school we learned mostly British English with some American colloquialisms so it took me quite a few additional years until I realized that particular nonsense.

England. Maybe he learned how to quote correctly.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Well...poo poo. I spent too long going back over the posts and I think I've spoiled the plot for myself, even if I'm missing some pieces. I'll bow out of voting from now on. This is such a well-made game.

Just because you know the plot you don't need to refrain from telling Andreas in which region he hangs out.