Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Italy,
Craftsman,
Theology,
Orator and Logician

I also think our hero should be generally polite and prosocial.

This is going to be an excellent LP. I hope ropekid pops by at some point! I just started to play through Pentiment, but decision paralysis and work projects stopped me in my tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Baron Lorenz would make a fantastic smilie with the right crop and scaling work. Pure :smug:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I think there may be a missing animation or image for the discovery of the secret passage.

Separately, I should mention that fans of this game who are also filled with the love of books may enjoy the currently unfinished historical webcomic, Family Man, by Dylan Merconis. Despite being set in a different time and dealing with different issues, there's enough overlap to recommend it to those enjoying this game and/or LP.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'd rather not get contact embarrassment from an LP, so I'd prefer to not be a dick or a useless pedant.

However, s__herzog, I also want to be sure that, for the benefit of the LP, you are aware of the following smilie:

:agesilaus:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

I wonder how Sydney would relate these stories.

This is one of my favorite transitions in the game, because of how it says as much about Andreas as it does about Til. On the one hand, we have the bias getting a hole poked in it... but on the other hand, we see how Andreas appreciates the value of reading and learning more generally.

I’m glad you pointed this out, because it’s easy to miss in screenshot form. Another reason for everyone to buy and play the game!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

BassMug posted:

Aw, there goes all our rear end-kissing. Oh well!

It's all right, us getting the baron's token means we maxed his affection meter, so his extra scenario and full gallery will be unlocked in new game plus. Keeping him alive longer requires some serious sequence-breaking, anyway.

s__herzog, the following lines are missing associated character images:

"I don’t know if he has any ill intent"

"Father, do you really believe that"

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 18, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm the one person who's bought the book due to your LP- here's hoping for a second! Do you also recommend The Bright Ages?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 10, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Condemn Lucky, I guess, but definitely mention the weird notes if at all possible. The elaborate font and unique color make it extremely clear there's a third party in play (also in looking back at the notes, there's a huge thematic thing going, too- these are visibly written on a page where there was previous text that was scraped off).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm seeing separate amazon product results for the diary itself; should I be reading just TFE or both?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

rope kid posted:

I'd say TFE since it contextualizes the content and my understanding is that the diary itself is not very enjoyable reading - not because of the subject matter but because Franz wasn't writing to entertain.

That's what I needed to hear- I hate enjoyable reading. I'll get both once my current backlog subsides.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm afraid the below image is duplicated.

https://dbcce6yp57i4r.cloudfront.net/screens/pentiment/016-78.jpg

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Well...poo poo. I spent too long going back over the posts and I think I've spoiled the plot for myself, even if I'm missing some pieces. I'll bow out of voting from now on. This is such a well-made game.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

alas,

Only registered members can see post attachments!