Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Quackles posted:

But, for the love of God: if the conversation turns to occultism or Martin Luther, play dumb.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Also put in a good word for Piero, if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Thanks to the comments about Werner in the thread before this update, I was pretty sure he was a freshly graduated pedantic lout, and Andreas' comments about doctors during the autopsy all but finalized it. I didn't expect to be proven right so quickly or forcefully. I cackled. It was glorious.

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 22, 2023

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

IthilionTheBrave posted:

That's how I'm interpreting that as well. I'd also assume that the Baron probably had a role in impregnating the girl/woman to begin with.

Florian also pointed out that the baron had an STI and adultery was just something that nobles did.

I have some guesses but I don't want to say them out loud yet.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I get the feeling that the miller is hot for a wife who can actually bear him multiple children, something his current wife can't do and Eva seems like the only likely candidate who can. I look forward to Andreas quashing the miller's attempts to do this at every possible opportunity.

I feel bad for Else and Paul. Else clearly wishes she could marry for love like Eva.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm the one person who's bought the book due to your LP- here's hoping for a second! Do you also recommend The Bright Ages?

I can recommend The Bright Ages but I'm a bit biased: one of the co-authors is local to me and I went to an author event where he talked about it. It's a bit toothier than an introductory work but doesn't go super in-depth. Mostly led me to biographies about various rulers and Christian figures.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

you have been handed a sword in a dark room you know has a bunch of people in it and been told to swing it. have fun.

And we have no idea who else is armed either.

For all we know, someone may have a grudge against us and may be trying to convince the archbishop that we did it. I have a sinking feeling that the near-heresy at the dinner table and sassing the friar in the library may have made us some enemies better placed to influence one of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

s__herzog posted:

I wasn't able to find any high quality historical sources for the social status of charcoal burners, only a bunch of hearsay on the Internet. For what it's worth though, the hearsay is consistent, and I have to assume that the game writers got their information somewhere more scholarly.

According to what I can find, it's mostly a matter of "that guy lives alone in a hut in the woods, while the rest of us live in town or in normal farmhouses, and he doesn't even come to town for festivals (because he has to attend his coal pile 24/7 while it's burning), so he must be up to no good."

I know from devouring fairy tale books as a kid, there were several mentions of charcoal burners that served as a dangerous loner or social untouchable caste archetype. Wish the ATU was searchable by characters as well as plots and themes.

EDIT: or the game creator could name the source used, that works too.