Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Hmm, this seems interesting!

Italy - his knowing Greek would explain why he has Socrates in his head, and we're in the Renaissance so Italy would be a natural choice for an artist.

He's a bookworm for the same reason, there's a real uptick in knowledge and learning at this time.

He studied theology.

That study left him a Latinist and he is a natural Logician (which is why he abandoned his studies, logic was stronger than faith).

To attend university he is clearly from a wealthy background, but he is also well travelled and well read, so he has a more open mind than many of his peers; he's unlikely to automatically look down on any particular person, but he won't automatically grovel either. He's polite and reserved until he sees what sort of person he's interacting with, and guides himself by how they behave towards him. Any new encounter is a chance to learn something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

s__herzog posted:

We’ve got more important things to do in the garden, anyway.

:unsmith: We’ll see Mausfänger again later.

Game of the Year.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

We should probably take our cue from the others. Presumably our new patron is going to want to talk to us, effectively giving us permission to speak as much as we want, which will give us a bit of leeway to be a jerk for fun, but we shouldn't push the abbot too far. Yet.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Best game.

s__herzog posted:

Uh… take care of yourself, all right?

He turns and runs off to the left.

So that was a thing that happened. Probably won’t come up again.

Uh oh.

Samovar posted:

It isn't mentioned in the text of the game, but it's little wonder that the village gets flooded when it rains heavily - the aqueducts that would have diverted excess rainfall are destroyed, after all.

Yes, but what did the Romans ever do for us? :v:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Item Getter posted:

First paragraph of that looks like a spoiler if it's accurate to the final game.

Also I like "Cat Event", have those happen pretty often in my house

Are they CATastrophic? :haw:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

i'm more up on English social mores around this time than the German ones, but in many cases it was not only not an imposition, it was a way for the hosts to flex on the neighbors.

In fact it was a requirement in many places if you were running for public office, a burgher or an alderman or some other respected townsman. You needed to prove you were wealthy by feasting your neighbours.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I want to pick Ferenc, because frankly he deserves it, but since we didn't find a weapon or any physical evidence of how he could have done it, I don't think we can get him condemned.

Lucky and Ottilia would both have been completely justified in killing the Baron, and I don't particularly want to accuse either of them because of it. Lucky's the most likely to have done it, I think, but if he did then I don't blame him.

I think I'm inclining towards explain about all of them and let the archdeacon pick one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It won't win, but I'm picking France.