Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
One of the things I absolutely adore about this game is how so many of the background-specific dialogue choices (and not just Rapscallion) will either piss off the person you're talking to, or get a response of "shut up nerd, this is the real world, not your university." It's such a breath of fresh air from RPGs where the background-specific choice is always the correct and most persuasive one whenever it's available. Actually being persuasive in this game requires not just having the right information and background, but also actually considering who you're talking to and their background, and using that to know when to speak up and when it's better to keep your mouth shut. It's spectacularly well done.

Quackles posted:

But, for the love of God: if the conversation turns to occultism or Martin Luther, play dumb.
I dunno, I think this Martin Luther guy has some good ideas that deserve to be spread. Surely the abbot is capable of defending his position in a reasoned intellectual debate? :smug:

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Quackles posted:

I vote we should go bother Lucky sooner than later. We also want to look into Ottilia's situation at some point.

If possible, I'd suggest eavesdropping on the spinning bee, too. You never know what could come out there.
Agree with this in full.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I find it hilarious that you get a "this will be remembered" popup for headbutting the doctor, as though the player needs to be told. Makes me imagine Andreas shouting "remember this, fuckface!" before taking the shot. :v: