Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Grassy Knowles posted:

I knew some tcc posters who graduated to bluelight in the late aughts and you’re not wrong, but if we want to talk the worst drug posting we must discuss the rollerskating self-loving mess that I think was from drugs-forum.com (SWIM stands for someone who isn’t me and definitely always means “me actually”)

:nws: :nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

prayer group posted:

god drat. i remember seeing that post a long time ago and i'd forgotten how bizarre it is

I wonder if that guy's still alive. And if he isn't, I wonder how he died.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Does a wiki count as a forum? I suppose the talk pages might but I'm gonna need a ruling on this.

definitely

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

the eternal lands forum has a subforum for logging and contesting bans that goes back to 2004

pandy fackler has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Mar 1, 2023

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Tweak posted:

was the FF7 house a forum saga somewhere or was it just something on like, tumblr

It was originally on livejournal I believe.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
FF7 House was originally on LJ but I do not think it’s still up. Not sure and like gently caress am I gonna check. Anyway here’s archive of the weirdness with links to OPs if anyone wants to. Nice mid 00s domain name too

http://www.demon-sushi.com/warning/

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

skasion posted:

FF7 House was originally on LJ but I do not think it’s still up. Not sure and like gently caress am I gonna check. Anyway here’s archive of the weirdness with links to OPs if anyone wants to. Nice mid 00s domain name too

FF house is spread across a ton of different places across the internet. Last time I looked after it changed to the Suikoden cult it morphed into a more general cult for awhile.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

I knew some tcc posters who graduated to bluelight in the late aughts and you’re not wrong, but if we want to talk the worst drug posting we must discuss the rollerskating self-loving mess that I think was from drugs-forum.com (SWIM stands for someone who isn’t me and definitely always means “me actually”)

:nws: :nms:

::thinking to myself:: i know it’s nws and nms but that’s such a huge spoiler text like john galt sized text maybe I should just read it a bit and

the holy poopacy posted:

:catstare: i've heard of eyeballing drugs but not dickholing them

NOPE NOPE NOPE

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

skasion posted:

thanks this is even more than i thought there was

also jfc

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gamefaqs used to be cool because there were so many dead forums for games no one played or cared about there was one forum that for whatever reason was the one you could call the mods or other users out or something like that and it was some obscure computer game from the 80s lol hidden forums ftw

It was Hellhole for the C64.

And there was Alphabet Zoo for Colecovision, where users shared message board ASCII art that was separate from the FAQ ASCII art that most old nerds know of.

Also there are seven game boards that were closed for years because of "inappropriate posts"

Drug Wars
Stoned
Pipe Mania
Pot Fun
Pipe Mania on a different system
Pipe Dream
Bozo's Night Out

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Rapid 99 posted:

And there was Alphabet Zoo for Colecovision, where users shared message board ASCII art that was separate from the FAQ ASCII art that most old nerds know of.

Also there are seven game boards that were closed for years because of "inappropriate posts"

Drug Wars
Stoned
Pipe Mania
Pot Fun
Pipe Dream
Bozo's Night Out

GameFAQs forbidden post speakeasies

"knock 3 times on the Gorf forum"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rapid 99 posted:

Drug Wars
Stoned
Pipe Mania
Pot Fun
Pipe Dream
Bozo's Night Out

bozo's night out is the real poo poo

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
Bozo's throwing me out because I just wanted to talk about drugs and not, as the name suggests, [REDACTED]

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I can't remember the exact reason but a few years back, in like 2018 I wanna say, there was a large influx of people from twitter to mastodon. This was probably the first large migration of users from one to the other. At any rate people were creating a lot of instances for just their little group of friends, so there was a lot of weird cliques and injokes and weird behavior based around the fact that 'hey they own their own twitter now'. At any rate one of the 'bigger' posters (he had like 500 followers) was cruising the internet and found a website where you could buy like, medical practice instruments? Anyway the one that he posted pictures of and had a laugh about was a 'wound cube', basically a ballistics gel cube with different simulated wounds on every surface so nurses could practice suturing different types of injury...

...well needless to say he ordered the drat thing and a few days later posted a bunch of pictures of his dick inside the various wounds. I uninstalled Mastodon pretty quickly after that.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

There was the ongoing edit war on wikipedia across any article that needed a reference image for a penis, like some guy had managed to get some cameraphone images of his junk on basically all the articles, taking multiple tedious edit wars to replace them with more professional clinical images. I found a reference to it on the "lamest edit wars" page where the guy had just taken a photo of his own load for the "semen" page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lamest_edit_wars#Semen

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

:kstare:

Edit:

oh dear lord :jail:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/573081-hellhole lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheSwizzler posted:

There was the ongoing edit war on wikipedia across any article that needed a reference image for a penis, like some guy had managed to get some cameraphone images of his junk on basically all the articles, taking multiple tedious edit wars to replace them with more professional clinical images. I found a reference to it on the "lamest edit wars" page where the guy had just taken a photo of his own load for the "semen" page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lamest_edit_wars#Semen

There's a coterie of people who insist on having wikipedia articles about medical issues contain the most graphic, unpleasant representative images possible. They cry about objectivity and censorship if you dare to suggest that maybe the page about a skin condition doesn't have a giant image of an infected dude's bellend prominently displayed. I can only assume they're all pervert fetishists of some variety.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

There's a coterie of people who insist on having wikipedia articles about medical issues contain the most graphic, unpleasant representative images possible. They cry about objectivity and censorship if you dare to suggest that maybe the page about a skin condition doesn't have a giant image of an infected dude's bellend prominently displayed. I can only assume they're all pervert fetishists of some variety.

there were long arguments about whose penis and vagina got to be used as the official wikipedia image of penis and vagina

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there were long arguments about whose penis and vagina got to be used as the official wikipedia image of penis and vagina

not now honey i'm in the running to be "the" ballsack

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

This truly makes me happy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im glad they took such an important question seriously

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I like that this url exists in the talk page for “Human Penis:”

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheMightyBoops posted:

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheMightyBoops posted:

quality

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

many years ago in ultima online there was a guild of orc rolerplayers called shadowclan that played on the servers catskills and siege perilous they were so well known that they even had a entry in the official strategy guide for one of the ultima online expansions. as the years went on and the game slowly died from stupid decisions many of them splintered off and formed a new guild on one of the biggest private servers which led to an incredibly stupid and petty and very funny war over who deserved a wikipedia page or not and which one was the better group of orcs with constant vandalism and attempts to delete the others wikipedia page

wikipedia finally got fed up and deleted both pages and now its just a small blurb on the ultima online article that there used to be roleplayers who played orcs in the game lol

16-bit Butt-Head has a new favorite as of 02:40 on Mar 2, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

many years ago in ultima online there was a guild of orc rolerplayers called shadowclan that played on the servers catskills and siege perilous they were so well known that they even had a entry in the official strategy guide for one of the ultima online expansions. as the years went on and the game slowly died from stupid decisions many of them splintered off and formed a new guild on one of the biggest private servers which led to an incredibly stupid and petty and very funny war of words of who deserved a wikipedia page or not and which one was the better group of orcs with constant vandalism and attempts to delete the others wikipedia page

wikipedia finally got fed up and deleted both pages and now its just a small blurb on the ultima online article that there used to be roleplayers who played orcs in the game lol

i remember trolling the gently caress outta these guys on siege since i had a runestone inside their castle

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

html pages are so small Wikipedia should host all pages no matter how stupid forever

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

i remember trolling the gently caress outta these guys on siege since i had a runestone inside their castle

on hybrid i made a character named butt-head and would roleplay as butt-head at the orc fort and they would get really mad at me over it lol one even added me to a group to yell at me in party chat that i was very annoying and ruining the vibe while i just kept uh uhu huh your green

16-bit Butt-Head has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Mar 2, 2023

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

The wikipedia page for Henoch Schonlein Purpura (an autoimmune condition which causes a really dramatic rash on the lower body and can cause kidney failure) has a picture of someone's butt in the main image and has for YEARS. There is no reason it HAS to have a picture of a butt. The rash is not butt specific. In fact, it's most dramatic and noticeable on the ankles. But nevertheless, there is a butt.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

If anyone saw my post about the Sammy Hagar Forums, today I learned there is a David Lee Roth Forums:

Edit: Don’t go there it’s mostly actual Nazis.

TheMightyBoops has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Mar 2, 2023

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

If anyone saw my post about the Sammy Hagar Forums, today I learned there is a David Lee Roth Forums:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheMightyBoops posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

based sarge and based charlie manson posting on the david lee roth forms

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMightyBoops posted:

HOW DO THESE COCKS KEEP SHOWING UP ON MY MONITOR ITS THE ONE THING I CANT STAND :argh:

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
That time tumblr pushed for Undertale as best game ever and gamefaqs users lost their minds

https://youtu.be/Mb0TBtLT0y4

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rapid 99 posted:

That time tumblr pushed for Undertale as best game ever and gamefaqs users lost their minds

https://youtu.be/Mb0TBtLT0y4

in 2007 the tetris long piece beat link and cloud in the best video game character ever poll causing a similar meltdown lol

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
Yeah, and there was another best character competition where Reddit pushed for some league of legends character. Gonna take Link winning 10 years straight for the gamefaqs poll to have its integrity restored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I want to say that this specifically was a front of the circumcision wars for a bit.