Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I hate that I'm familiar with the term intactivist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

I want to say that this specifically was a front of the circumcision wars for a bit.

i dont know about wikipedia but the silent hill guy owned multiple gaming wikis and it was what you expected arguments about circumcision and bestiality on the xenosaga wiki

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The wikipedia page for Henoch Schonlein Purpura (an autoimmune condition which causes a really dramatic rash on the lower body and can cause kidney failure) has a picture of someone's butt in the main image and has for YEARS. There is no reason it HAS to have a picture of a butt. The rash is not butt specific. In fact, it's most dramatic and noticeable on the ankles. But nevertheless, there is a butt.

This is actually one of the less bad examples of wikipedia exhibitionism because at least it illustrates the disease fairly well. Also the dude isn't dangling his junk out for the camera.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Paracaidas posted:

I hate that I'm familiar with the term intactivist.

Netiquette

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

I hope we're still friends after I taser you.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in 2007 the tetris long piece beat link and cloud in the best video game character ever poll causing a similar meltdown lol

lmao I love the internet so much

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I am so god damned offended long piece got that.

You can’t t-spin a long piece.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

In fairness it was a poll of the people and the Grand Masters were underrepresented.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

my mind has been broken ever since I heard about the bodybuilder forum that spent several pages arguing over how many days are in a week

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I mean I knew steroids ruin people’s brain, but lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheMightyBoops posted:

If anyone saw my post about the Sammy Hagar Forums, today I learned there is a David Lee Roth Forums:

lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

It was definitely the L-block. That was basically the last time I was on gamefaqs regularly. The only secret board I remember was some random Atari game no one every played being used as a Homestar Runner fan forum.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

rodbeard posted:

It was definitely the L-block.

I'll accept and endorse that

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ulvir posted:

my mind has been broken ever since I heard about the bodybuilder forum that spent several pages arguing over how many days are in a week

It's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile and I can't believe I haven't seen it before. It's incredible.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Everyone on that bodybuilder forum has the heart of a poster.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The greatest saga in RPGNet history is the story of Darrick Dishaw and Empire of Satanis.

Darrick, aka Venger Satanis, is an Anton LaVey wannabe and amateur game designer. In 2005 he publishes Empire of Satanis, a purple prose laden game of demons and demonfucking laid out in a Word document, then begins shopping it around to reviewers. RPGNet's Jaime Herbert publishes a review in October of that year:

quote:

The author describes the lay out of Empire of Satanis as “indy” or “garage Band” meaning that there is more substance than fluff. Well that is one way to put it. What I see is a drab 62-page document that looks more like a high school English report than an RPG. While it may seem like I am being harsh here, after all This isn’t White Wolf or WOTC who can afford the likes of a Tim Bradstreet or Larry Elmore, we live in an age where inserting art can be as simple as cut and paste. Hell even some of the most sophomoric attempts at RPG production use clip art or at least a modicum of formatting to make the game look a bit more inviting than everything in Times 12pt font, with the occasional line or bold text. This is especially bad when you are talking about an RPG where ambiance is half of the point. If this were a simple first attempt at an RPG engine, I wouldn’t feel so vehement about this. Then there is the writing, which is almost as dull as the art.
[...]
The text talks a lot about its revolutionary system, well for the record, I don’t see anything especially revolutionary here. Dice pool based d6 system, with difficulty levels. No unique rules to govern initiative, Damage, powers or player influences that I haven’t seen a hundred times before. And while again this alone might be fine, when added to the whole it’s just one more reason to dislike this title. The system seems as uninspired as their take on the subject and their presentation of the product.

To sum up, this product makes every single rookie mistake I can think of. From shamelessly promoting itself as revolutionary to being simply an unoriginal and overly violent and munchkinish attempt to cover dark and adult themes that could potentially make a good story telling experience. This game relies on item fetishism and antisocial mentality rather than good drama, and in essence could set people’s attitudes about the roleplaying hobby back about a good 20 years. Luckily I doubt it will be popular enough to be on too many radars though which is good news for the RPG community as a whole.

Where things really get going is the comments section of the above review. After a few posts, Darrick shows up to defend his honor:

He then accuses the reviewer of attempting to infect his computer with viruses

Finally, after the commenters question the originality of his game's "Scene Alteration points" (Hero Points) and "voidsabers" (guess), Darrick snaps and CURSES THE FORUM.

The reaction to this is a bemused "what the gently caress?" from the comments. Darrick goes on to claim that he was kicked out of the Church of Satan for being too satanic before getting banned from RPGNet for good. He has subsequently reinvented himself as an alt-right OSR culture warrior, but I still can't imagine anyone taking him seriously after this.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I'm the antipope of the Real Church of Satan, not this false prophet who thinks we should only love Satan this much instead of THISSSSS MUCHHHH.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont know about wikipedia but the silent hill guy owned multiple gaming wikis and it was what you expected arguments about circumcision and bestiality on the xenosaga wiki

i remember reading the haunting ground wiki and finding it really weird that it kept pushing the protagonist must have some heart problem because she kept falling down and gasping in fear, then i looked at who was doing the editing and it was the silent hills circumcision guy lol

it looks like he's the reason why the wikis have a lot of screencaps/gifs/videos from the game though because he's the one uploading them

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

anyways this reminded me of how i discovered Roxanne through the Sandrah Saga LP, a modder for the Baldur's Gate games that was banned from both the official forums and pretty much all of the user-run modding forums for IE games when it came out she'd been using multiple alts pretending to be multiple people for years to praise her mods and argue with anyone that criticized it. Like how her character constantly managing to make every event in the game about her or the alterations to made to other mods without their author's permission - some of them even bundled into the megamod installer she made - or just how poorly written it was. After her bans she declared that she was going to open her own forum for her mods but then closed it last year due to Russia invading Ukraine or something.

She's on page one here as PaulaMigrate at first but later on in the thread she starts appearing on her other alts and starts talking to herself.

The mod itself is really notorious because of Roxanne hyping it as basically the one mod to end all mods for Baldur's Gate because of all the new content she added, so every few years someone will ask should I play the Sandrah Saga?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Splash Attack posted:

i remember reading the haunting ground wiki and finding it really weird that it kept pushing the protagonist must have some heart problem because she kept falling down and gasping in fear, then i looked at who was doing the editing and it was the silent hills circumcision guy lol

it looks like he's the reason why the wikis have a lot of screencaps/gifs/videos from the game though because he's the one uploading them

for some reason this reminds me when thedarkid was doing resident evil zero he would upload some clips to youtube and the ones of rebecca getting killed by monsters would get comments asking if he could upload videos of her getting eaten in different outfits lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Back when I was on usenet (I was a bit of a latecomer, so say 1996 or so), I posted for a while on various nerd newsgroups but there was this guy. Any post at all on any topic in any group would set him off to post his weird screeds about Clinton and mohammedans (ie muslims) and vaguely scientific references, always super long posts in classic schizo format, weird racist esoterica. Very exhausting. So he was a known crank in the parlance of the times and basically any danish FAQ said you should set up your newsreader to killfile that dude cause he shits up every thread

years later, i was walking through copenhagen and come across a house with a whole bunch of very random posters out front, very much like the insane bumperplate cars ive seen in america. turns out that was where the guy lived. I later heard he died, and I am fairly sure I read an obituary in a newspaper at some point, so maybe he was known elsewhere as well? it was a kind of lovely house on a decently expensive lot, i assume he must have inherited it and just shitposted every day

anyway at that point in time it was probably less than 1000 people total in all the danish groups, 90% greybeards who killfiled him years ago, so he was just posting into the void except for randoms who showed up. he would have loved twitter lol

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Mar 4, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

for some reason this reminds me when thedarkid was doing resident evil zero he would upload some clips to youtube and the ones of rebecca getting killed by monsters would get comments asking if he could upload videos of her getting eaten in different outfits lol

lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

about Clinton and mohammedans (ie muslims) and vaguely scientific references, always super long posts in classic schizo format, weird racist esoterica.

This broke open such a memory for me thank you, I wasn’t aware of ‘educated racism’ until I saw this guy’s posts

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I really enjoy watching people who are talking about very specialized things getting ultra heated. Especially when I don't have a clue what they're talking about.

A wikipedia edit war
On Usenet
over the last 6 days

https://sci.physics.relativity.narkive.com/6Z18f4YM/major-re-write-of-wikipedia-pound-rebka-experiment

It all starts with

quote:

I have done a complete re-write of the Wikipedia article, which had a rather absurd number of inaccuracies. Here is a link to my revised version of the article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound%E2%80%93Rebka_experiment

Please review and suggest improvements and corrections.
Thanks!

For comparison, here is an archived copy of article before my changes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pound%E2%80%93Rebka_experiment&oldid=1100293754

and very quickly escalates, like every total rewrite of a wikipedia article goes

quote:

Trying to convince you to improve your writeup is getting tiresome, especially given your stubbornness. As this point I will conclude with recommending you a very good treatment of the subject by a professional physicist, Ben Crowell, from his published book: https://phys.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Relativity/General_Relativity_(Crowell)/01:_Geometric_Theory_of_Spacetime/1.06:_The_Equivalence_Principle_(Part_2) (so it is not what wiki calls personal research).
Crowell clearly states:

"If the Mössbauer effect is carried out in a horizontal plane, resonant absorption occurs. When the source and absorber are aligned vertically, p, gravitational frequency shifts should cause a mismatch, destroying the resonance. One can move the source at a small velocity (typically a few mm/s) in order to add a Doppler shift onto the frequency; by determining the velocity that compensates for the gravitational effect, one can determine how big the gravitational effect is."

Poster is far from concluding

quote:

Resonant absorption occurs in a wide range of frequencies, rear end in a top hat.

There are no gamma photons emitted at a specific, unique frequency f₀ = 14.4/h Hertz.

The distribution of resonant frequencies is given, in eV, by a Lorentzian profile centered on E₀ with intensity I₀ and
full-width half-maximum (FWHM) Γ given by:

L(E) = I₀ (Γ/2)²/[(E - E₀)² +(Γ/2)²] = I₀ (Γ/2)²/[ΔE² +(Γ/2)²] , where

I₀: Nominal peak energy of the shape (eV).
Γ: Bandwidth for L(E) = ± I₀/2 (eV).

The shape fall to half its maximum at E = (E₀ ± Γ/2).

Fractional FWHM = Γ/2

Γ ≈ h/τ = 4.136E−08 eV

Fractional FWHM = |± 1.43E-12| (Pound quoted |1.13E-12|)

RATIO of Gravitational Effect to 2xFractional FWHM ≈ 0.001 (0.1%)

Now, try to measure a 0.1% bandwidth spread (Einstein) over the resonant capture bandwidth of Γ = 4.136E−08 eV.
The gravitational effect IS REPRESENTED BY ≈ 4.136E−11 eV.

Now, do that with ANALOG INTEGRATORS OF BEEP COUNTS, even when you captured 10,000,000,000 photons that cause
RESONANCE in the FWHM Γ = 4.136E−08 eV.

And COOKING, FUDGING, CHERRY PICKING AND TRIMMING DATA AT WILL, WITHOUT ANY CERTIFICATION BY PEERS!

Fishy as hell. A true HOAX.

quote:

Not in the case of Mossbauer effect

quote:

Post by Richard Hertz
rear end in a top hat.
Nice new signature, Dick.

quote:

loving SOB, you're an EE!

Even if you don't want that spectral dispersion to be true, you KNOW that it happens with every single source of EM energy.

Stop behaving like a loving child, insisting that gamma photons have a loving DELTA DIRAC SPECTRUM, mother..f..uck..er!

quote:

You are eating poo poo. Again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C

quote:

I REPEAT THIS WITH NUMBERS, SO IT MAY ENTER INTO YOUR THICK, STUPID SKULL.

No gamma photons are emitted ONLY at a specific, unique frequency f₀ = 14,400/4.136E−15 Hertz = 3,486 PetaHertz

The emission of recoil free gamma photons follows a PROPOSED Lorentzian distribution, using eV in ΔE instead of Hz as x axis:

L(E) = 14,400 (2.68)²/[ΔE² +(2.68)²] = 103,426/[ΔE² + 7.18] eV

For (FWHM) Γ/2 = ± 2.068E−08 eV separation of E₀ = 14,400 eV, |L(E)| = 7,200 eV.

DID THIS PENETRATED THE DEPLETED URANIUM SHIELD ON YOUR loving HEAD?

E₀ = 14,400 eV is a ROUGH ESTIMATION. If you want the center energy TO BE ADJUSTED to the precission required for
the experiment, you should express E₀ with 15 DIGITS!. Like 14,399.5912445247 eV. THEN, AND ONLY THEN YOU COULD USE
a value of Γ/2 = ± 2.068E−08 eV.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS, IMBECILE? IT'S ERROR THEORY 101 in measurements. YOU STUDIED THIS, CRETIN!

You can't obtain more precision digits in ANY MEASUREMENT where the weakest value has 5 DIGITS, even when the rest of
values have 10, 15 or 20 DIGITS!

The FULL (2 x FWHM)/E₀ = Γ/E₀ = 4.136E−08/14,000 = 2.87222E-12

AND THIS MEANS A RESONANCE WITH A Q FACTOR Q = 3.48162E+11

And this EXTRAORDINARY Q FACTOR is what makes the Mossbauer effect so useful. It's almost 10,000 higher than the
hyperfine transition of 133Cs in the Ramsay cavity!

BUT, notwithstanding such extraordinary Q factor, Fe⁵⁷ still radiates WITH A DISPERSION (NOISE).

Traduced to Hertz, Δf = 3,486E+18/3.48162E+11 Hertz = 10,012,569 Hertz of bandwidth for RESONANT GAMMA FREQUENCIES.

Now, the FULL IMBECILITY OF POUND-REBKA: Trying TO MEASURE a shift of 2.49E-15 in a NOISY BANDWIDTH OF 10 Mhz.

And this ratio is THE FABULOUS ACHIEVEMENT OF MEASURING A 0.1% SHIFT IN THE RADIATED SPECTRUM.

Do you understand now, loving imbecile?

I presented here data in eV and Hertz.

If you persist with your imbecilities, you can go as quick as you can TO gently caress YOURSELF.

I don't hold any hope for you, Dono. You're a disgrace of A MAN, in every possible sense.

And prokaryotic, Gamma photons are emitted by the nucleus of Fe⁵⁷ atoms, not by electrons. Nucleus have the recoil.

quote:

...and the stupid lies. Good work, dumbestfuck!

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Lumbermouth posted:

The greatest saga in RPGNet history is the story of Darrick Dishaw and Empire of Satanis.

Darrick, aka Venger Satanis, is an Anton LaVey wannabe and amateur game designer. In 2005 he publishes Empire of Satanis, a purple prose laden game of demons and demonfucking laid out in a Word document, then begins shopping it around to reviewers. RPGNet's Jaime Herbert publishes a review in October of that year:

Where things really get going is the comments section of the above review. After a few posts, Darrick shows up to defend his honor:

He then accuses the reviewer of attempting to infect his computer with viruses

Finally, after the commenters question the originality of his game's "Scene Alteration points" (Hero Points) and "voidsabers" (guess), Darrick snaps and CURSES THE FORUM.

The reaction to this is a bemused "what the gently caress?" from the comments. Darrick goes on to claim that he was kicked out of the Church of Satan for being too satanic before getting banned from RPGNet for good. He has subsequently reinvented himself as an alt-right OSR culture warrior, but I still can't imagine anyone taking him seriously after this.

I've known of Darrick Dishaw since I was 16 years old. He's a laughingstock in online left-hand path religious communities and namesearches himself every ten seconds. He honest to God is probably gonna show up in this thread if we keep talking about him.

Anyway he used to post those Satanic invocations on myspace constantly and was thrown out of the Church of Satan for trying to involve the actual literal devil and not just a contrarian metaphor. He also believes Cthulhu is Satan and Lovecraft was like an Edgar Cayce- style sleeping prophet. Even if you're into all that he still a nuisance who shows up to defend his idea of devil-worshipping cosmology anywhere you dare criticize his (horrendous) book, The Slimy Green Bible. There's a book about Cthulhu worship called When the Stars Are Right where the author (Cthulhusattva) refers to Darrick in a footnote as "an awful little man from Wisconsin."

Also he shaves his head and his goatee specifically to look like Anton LaVey.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

I really enjoy watching people who are talking about very specialized things getting ultra heated. Especially when I don't have a clue what they're talking about.

A wikipedia edit war
On Usenet
over the last 6 days

https://sci.physics.relativity.narkive.com/6Z18f4YM/major-re-write-of-wikipedia-pound-rebka-experiment

It all starts with

and very quickly escalates, like every total rewrite of a wikipedia article goes

Poster is far from concluding

I still remember when they would tell you in school that you can't use .com or .org webpages as citations when turning in papers because the internet wasn't trustworthy.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

pentyne posted:

I still remember when they would tell you in school that you can't use .com or .org webpages as citations when turning in papers because the internet wasn't trustworthy.

here's how to browse usenet AND LOOK OUT FOR LONG SIGS

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"No, you can't use webrings as a source I don't care how many animated flame gifs their pages use"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

pentyne posted:

"No, you can't use webrings as a source I don't care how many animated flame gifs their pages use"

But they took down their under construction sign

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

UwUnabomber posted:

I've known of Darrick Dishaw since I was 16 years old. He's a laughingstock in online left-hand path religious communities and namesearches himself every ten seconds. He honest to God is probably gonna show up in this thread if we keep talking about him.

Anyway he used to post those Satanic invocations on myspace constantly and was thrown out of the Church of Satan for trying to involve the actual literal devil and not just a contrarian metaphor. He also believes Cthulhu is Satan and Lovecraft was like an Edgar Cayce- style sleeping prophet. Even if you're into all that he still a nuisance who shows up to defend his idea of devil-worshipping cosmology anywhere you dare criticize his (horrendous) book, The Slimy Green Bible. There's a book about Cthulhu worship called When the Stars Are Right where the author (Cthulhusattva) refers to Darrick in a footnote as "an awful little man from Wisconsin."

I mean Anton Lavey also shaved his head to look like Anton Lavey and was a friend of Patton Oswalt's close personal friend A. Wyatt Mann.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

That sure is a neat aggregator for peeking behind Usenet's mantle without actually having to sign up for the ancient service. But yeah that relativity article discussion just kept escalating daily to Hell's Kitchen levels of intrigue and got pretty enjoyable before calling it half-time with its latest entries 4 days ago. The ESL manner in which the two physics enthusiasts hotly demean on each other makes it infinitely funnier. Hoping the two will resume the task of disproving each other's bogus experiments with their own incomplete proofs all the while solving the real science of which one of them is the real dumbestfuck.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

That sure is a neat aggregator for peeking behind Usenet's mantle without actually having to sign up for the ancient service. But yeah that relativity article discussion just kept escalating daily to Hell's Kitchen levels of intrigue and got pretty enjoyable before calling it half-time with its latest entries 4 days ago. The ESL manner in which the two physics enthusiasts hotly demean on each other makes it infinitely funnier. Hoping the two will resume the task of disproving each other's bogus experiments with their own incomplete proofs all the while solving the real science of which one of them is the real dumbestfuck.

Check it on desktop and you can navigate the other branches on the thread tree, last update 15 hours ago

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in 2007 the tetris long piece beat link and cloud in the best video game character ever poll causing a similar meltdown lol

iirc there were similar meltdowns when bub and bob won best videogame duo and when einstein from command and conquer won best videogame sidekick

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Check it on desktop and you can navigate the other branches on the thread tree, last update 15 hours ago

Ah I see now that as recently as a few hours ago additional scientists have been called on to enter the thread in a half-hearted attempt to prevent Richard Hertz from doing time for assault of his colleague in the field.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

UwUnabomber posted:

i do not think you came close to crossing any lines here but id like to suggest for the thread's consideration that we only post about stuff that happened online and stay away from following personalities in favor of following stories. i want to have a big difference between this thread's mission and helldump/kiwifarms/etc, and seeing some guy's name here made me worried even if he posts it everywhere. what's a good line for us to draw on this, thread

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

really dumb early-to-mid 2000s vaguely remembered yahoo group drama ahead:

back when i was starting judo at university, i used to lurk at the yahoo martial arts group, which had the usual gaggle of "too deadly" traditional arts guys (including the heartbreakingly depressing stories of weird old dudes who trained in some bizarre made up traditional martial art and also were constantly falling for weird medical quackery), aggro roided up proto-mma guys, a few cops running boxing or judo clubs, and quite a few sad internet kids who wanted to learn ninjutsu so they could better cosplay as naruto.

mixed up there was a poster who went by the name of "froggie" claiming to be a former competitive judoka and retired cop who was running a dojo and active in the american judo scene (being a referee at local tournaments, training camps, prepping kids for the olympic team). at first, he would just post these big peeler-esque stories about helping wayward kids straighten their lives out via judo and training at his club, then he branched into claiming to know some of the big names in the US and Japanese judo competition, and then finally people started clocking that what he was recommending for training tips or strategy just wasn't.... feasible? physically? so, a bunch of people posted that they were at a tournament that he was supposed to be at and nobody had seen or met or heard of this guy.

So, what happens? froggie's supposed spouse gets on the board the very next day and says that he had passed away, heart attack, while driving to that very same tournament. people believed it, lots of heartfelt tributes, etc. people were even going to donate to help cover funeral costs or to keep the dojo running, could someone please let them know when the funeral was going to be, where was it going to be, etc? this goes on for about a week and then someone ELSE posts the expose that, of course, this was just all completely made up. people proceeded to lose their minds.

it was wild.

NoiseAnnoys has a new favorite as of 10:35 on Mar 4, 2023

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Grassy Knowles posted:

A wikipedia edit war
On Usenet
over the last 6 days

This is incredible lmfao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
where did Ulillillia come from?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

pentyne posted:

where did Ulillillia come from?

Uli kept extensive journals on his dreams on a personal website that got big. He really enjoyed dreams where he was in mud and he was scared of all blue water because blue water in video games kills the player.

He also did crazy pannenkoek2012 level things to bubsy 3d, wrote a book, and was working on a game with some killer looking pallax scrolling.

He’s not scared of blue water anymore.

https://youtu.be/-N_6NMFnfno

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Thank you for bringing uli up that man is a delight and I’m enjoying going through his stuff again especially knowing that with proper support he’s seemingly thriving.

he apparently wrote a second book in 2015, there’s a 2011 doc about him at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLJEIrfx9U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
seeing uli in dark water with a joyful smile is the ultimate morale booster. hope he's doing well still