Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Julius Caesar's assassination seems like a fairly important saga. I'm just not sure if it happened in the Forum proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't imagine why Congolese wouldn't be too hot on Belgians.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I first learned that some people really, really care too much about circumcision because of a guy who posted incessantly about foreskin restoration on another forum almost twenty-five years ago. He had his own website where he blathered about foreskins too. The early internet was a hell of a place.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grassy Knowles posted:

Speaking of circumcision, we’ve got the silent hill wiki meltdown

https://mobile.twitter.com/voidburger/status/676607219689988096

Does a wiki count as a forum? I suppose the talk pages might but I'm gonna need a ruling on this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OK yeah I forgot the Scots Wiki thing. Wikis should definitely count as forums.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grassy Knowles posted:

I knew some tcc posters who graduated to bluelight in the late aughts and you’re not wrong, but if we want to talk the worst drug posting we must discuss the rollerskating self-loving mess that I think was from drugs-forum.com (SWIM stands for someone who isn’t me and definitely always means “me actually”)

:nws: :nms:

The F Plus read this one when they did a Bluelight episode.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

prayer group posted:

god drat. i remember seeing that post a long time ago and i'd forgotten how bizarre it is

I wonder if that guy's still alive. And if he isn't, I wonder how he died.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheSwizzler posted:

There was the ongoing edit war on wikipedia across any article that needed a reference image for a penis, like some guy had managed to get some cameraphone images of his junk on basically all the articles, taking multiple tedious edit wars to replace them with more professional clinical images. I found a reference to it on the "lamest edit wars" page where the guy had just taken a photo of his own load for the "semen" page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lamest_edit_wars#Semen

There's a coterie of people who insist on having wikipedia articles about medical issues contain the most graphic, unpleasant representative images possible. They cry about objectivity and censorship if you dare to suggest that maybe the page about a skin condition doesn't have a giant image of an infected dude's bellend prominently displayed. I can only assume they're all pervert fetishists of some variety.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there were long arguments about whose penis and vagina got to be used as the official wikipedia image of penis and vagina

This truly makes me happy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheMightyBoops posted:

I like that this url exists in the talk page for “Human Penis:”

quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The wikipedia page for Henoch Schonlein Purpura (an autoimmune condition which causes a really dramatic rash on the lower body and can cause kidney failure) has a picture of someone's butt in the main image and has for YEARS. There is no reason it HAS to have a picture of a butt. The rash is not butt specific. In fact, it's most dramatic and noticeable on the ankles. But nevertheless, there is a butt.

This is actually one of the less bad examples of wikipedia exhibitionism because at least it illustrates the disease fairly well. Also the dude isn't dangling his junk out for the camera.