Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751&page=1

quote:

If I go every other day I will be at the gym 4-5 times a week, is that over training?

quote:

That makes no sense. There are only 7 days in a week. If you go every other day that is 3.5 times a week.

quote:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. That is 4 days.

How do you go 3.5 times? Do a half workout or something? lol

quote:

I never said anything about going exactly 7 times, like I said, if I go every other day, that is 4 DAYS A WEEK. How hard is that to comprehend?

quote:

Week 1 - Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Week 2 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.

8 DAYS IN 2 WEEKS

In your terms,

8x in 2 weeks = 4 times a week, genius.

All Muscle and No Brains? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
https://www.ignboards.com/threads/wow-i-cannot-believe-my-mom-stooped-so-low.136316639/

quote:

My mom called my doctor and said to him "What's the most accurate measurement for weighing?"
The doctor said "An underwater weighing test"
And just like that, my mom said "Yes. When can my son and my daughter can take it?" and the doc said "Today at 2pm."

So, I didn't bother taking a shower and so did my sister too, so I had to get into a special swimming suit(tight pants...Ugh).

My sister said "Can I pull my hair down to a ponytail?" The doctor said "No."
So my sister with her long, blonde hair went underwater with 8 seconds and had she must enjoyed it..but I didn't.

- keekers [face_love]

quote:

My sister had to wear pants and a bra, so she enjoyed minutes of going underwater.

I didn't take a shower and she didn't too.

Before she got into the tank, you see girls 'pretend' to pull their hair into ponytails, but they don't. That's what she did.

quote:

You want a detailed summary of what happened today? Alright, here goes:

My mom wanted to do something instead of weighing myself on a scale. She heard about a underwater weighing test from my doctor last year and she wanted to give it a try to both, myself and my sister.

She called the doctor and wanted to schedule an appointment for my sister and I and today was the only day they could get us in. So my mom told both of us you don't need to take a shower if you don't want to(since I got up at 12pm and she got up at 12:30p.m.)

It goes on from there with the underwater weighing at the doctor's office.

That thread has 63 pages. It is still active.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

I really enjoy watching people who are talking about very specialized things getting ultra heated. Especially when I don't have a clue what they're talking about.

A wikipedia edit war
On Usenet
over the last 6 days

https://sci.physics.relativity.narkive.com/6Z18f4YM/major-re-write-of-wikipedia-pound-rebka-experiment

It all starts with

and very quickly escalates, like every total rewrite of a wikipedia article goes

Poster is far from concluding

I still remember when they would tell you in school that you can't use .com or .org webpages as citations when turning in papers because the internet wasn't trustworthy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"No, you can't use webrings as a source I don't care how many animated flame gifs their pages use"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
where did Ulillillia come from?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

I'm really glad the awful eye of the internet didn't turn uli into a chris chan situation. people still got weirdly obsessive here and elsewhere but he didn't get many stalkers and freaks.

I read somewhere that Chris Chan might be the most documented person in human history to this point.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

OrthoTrot posted:

I remember reading that this woman almost single handedly killed the baldurs gate modding community. She was just that god-damned unpleasant.

She also wrote the Saerileth mod I think, which is just atrocious on every level. Morally, aesthetically, technically. Just utter garbage, but clearly hundreds of hours have gone into making it.

I don't know who the other one is, but there's another Big Name Baldur's Gate fan who was so notorious as well she was banned from almost every space.

Baldur's Gate is insanely popular relative to its age, and someone even found an easter egg for the first time last year that almost no one knew about.

edit: It's this person
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2020/12/Baldurs-Gate-1-vs-Baldurs-Gate-2-BG1-vs-BG2.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Speaking of insane modders,

Tessmage: Big modder for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, had probably the most widely used 'fix' mod that everyone worked off, then for some reason he added a bunch of changes like inflating the tits of the female characters and then started calling things Tessmage approved or Tessmage official and the community moved away from him

The Oblivion Gates guy, who was so notorious that Nexus Mods ended up changing their policies to avoid dealing with someone like him again.