Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/198641-silent-hill/58651952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

gamefaqs used to be cool because there were so many dead forums for games no one played or cared about there was one forum that for whatever reason was the one you could call the mods or other users out or something like that and it was some obscure computer game from the 80s lol hidden forums ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rapid 99 posted:

It was Hellhole for the C64.

And there was Alphabet Zoo for Colecovision, where users shared message board ASCII art that was separate from the FAQ ASCII art that most old nerds know of.

Also there are seven game boards that were closed for years because of "inappropriate posts"

Drug Wars
Stoned
Pipe Mania
Pot Fun
Pipe Mania on a different system
Pipe Dream
Bozo's Night Out

bozo's night out is the real poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/573081-hellhole lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's a coterie of people who insist on having wikipedia articles about medical issues contain the most graphic, unpleasant representative images possible. They cry about objectivity and censorship if you dare to suggest that maybe the page about a skin condition doesn't have a giant image of an infected dude's bellend prominently displayed. I can only assume they're all pervert fetishists of some variety.

there were long arguments about whose penis and vagina got to be used as the official wikipedia image of penis and vagina

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheMightyBoops posted:

I like that this url exists in the talk page for “Human Penis:”

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

many years ago in ultima online there was a guild of orc rolerplayers called shadowclan that played on the servers catskills and siege perilous they were so well known that they even had a entry in the official strategy guide for one of the ultima online expansions. as the years went on and the game slowly died from stupid decisions many of them splintered off and formed a new guild on one of the biggest private servers which led to an incredibly stupid and petty and very funny war over who deserved a wikipedia page or not and which one was the better group of orcs with constant vandalism and attempts to delete the others wikipedia page

wikipedia finally got fed up and deleted both pages and now its just a small blurb on the ultima online article that there used to be roleplayers who played orcs in the game lol

16-bit Butt-Head has a new favorite as of 02:40 on Mar 2, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

i remember trolling the gently caress outta these guys on siege since i had a runestone inside their castle

on hybrid i made a character named butt-head and would roleplay as butt-head at the orc fort and they would get really mad at me over it lol one even added me to a group to yell at me in party chat that i was very annoying and ruining the vibe while i just kept uh uhu huh your green

16-bit Butt-Head has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Mar 2, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheMightyBoops posted:

If anyone saw my post about the Sammy Hagar Forums, today I learned there is a David Lee Roth Forums:

Edit: Don’t go there it’s mostly actual Nazis.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

based sarge and based charlie manson posting on the david lee roth forms

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rapid 99 posted:

That time tumblr pushed for Undertale as best game ever and gamefaqs users lost their minds

https://youtu.be/Mb0TBtLT0y4

in 2007 the tetris long piece beat link and cloud in the best video game character ever poll causing a similar meltdown lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

I want to say that this specifically was a front of the circumcision wars for a bit.

i dont know about wikipedia but the silent hill guy owned multiple gaming wikis and it was what you expected arguments about circumcision and bestiality on the xenosaga wiki

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

for some reason this reminds me when thedarkid was doing resident evil zero he would upload some clips to youtube and the ones of rebecca getting killed by monsters would get comments asking if he could upload videos of her getting eaten in different outfits lol

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

I don't know who the other one is, but there's another Big Name Baldur's Gate fan who was so notorious as well she was banned from almost every space.

Baldur's Gate is insanely popular relative to its age, and someone even found an easter egg for the first time last year that almost no one knew about.

edit: It's this person
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2020/12/Baldurs-Gate-1-vs-Baldurs-Gate-2-BG1-vs-BG2.html

thats a serial killers manifesto lol

16-bit Butt-Head has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Mar 4, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

brutal doom causes some drama in the doom modding community to the point many modders go out of their way to have their levels break and refuse to work to keep from having to deal with its fanbase demanding they balance their levels around brutal doom

SgtMarkIV the creator of brutal doom has also been banned from every single doom forum for being a holocaust denying neo nazi sociopath that once gave someone having a mental breakdwon detailed instructions on how to kill themselves used real images of gore for brutal doom and stole work from other modders and wouldnt credit them until the drama became too much to ignore. he also had a meltdown and thought id was ripping him off when he saw glory kills for doom 2016 lol. just an awful person all around

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

On the Facepunch forums there were different types of users, Blue (regular) and Gold (gold name on posts, larger avatar size, access to a special subforum etc.) At one point a dude was sending Garry (the Garrys Mod guy who ran the forum) so many PMs demanding he make the size restrictions for Blues the same as Golds that Garry got annoyed, banned the guy, and shrank Blue avatars sitewide by like 30%.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the Parrish Protocol...

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

Homegrown sagas gave a reminder of the Mike Matei drama, if anyone has a good writeup on that (without pictures)

people on reddit noticed that mike matei's pants and shorts would crinkle up and make it look like he had a giant cock and a lot of jokes were made about mikes 12 inch cock. eventually mike got in on it and started posting about it on all the social media accounts that cinemassacre the production company of one James Rolfe of AVGN fame . he would post about it on the website. on the tumblr. on the twitter. reddit. he would post and post about his dick and post memes about it at random until one day, for reasons no one is certain, mike posted his dick on the official cinemassacre twitter next to a ruler using camera angles to make it look 12 inches. the tweet was deleted and mike started banning people on reddit who mentioned the picture soon after.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mike also got really drunk and streamed himself playing super mario then deleted the stream soon afterwards and started banning people for bringing it up

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mike also uploaded a video of himself playing minecraft with inspector gadget which he quickly deleted out of embarrassment and started banning people for bringing up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TZcW8wmmo4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mike rules and my favorite mike moment is when his girlfriend was recording a stream and you could hear mike screaming in rage in the background because he was playing castlevania in another room hes the ultimate gamer