Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I remembered Sammy Hagar had his own personal forum because I got so into Sammy Hagar for a month in middle school I made an account on the Sammy Hagar forum. I made like 1 post and then realized it was all like 40 year old boat owners. It was apparently locked in January of 2023. I assume this is because most posts had 0 replies and a few were spam, I kinda poked around a little and here’s a post I found that I feel encompasses the entire forum in its way past its prime final days:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Famethrowa posted:

bluelight was like tcc on uh, crack. insane body count for sure.

There’s some “Lou Reads the Internet for You” episodes on bluelight and they’re totally bonkers; I think there was one on Robo Tripping that was really terrifying. He’s done a few drug forum episodes including places like TCC.

http://loureads.com/2015/05/21/lou-reads-ep137-the-amazing-world-of-robo-tripping-dxm-not-dmx/

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

skasion posted:

FF7 House was originally on LJ but I do not think it’s still up. Not sure and like gently caress am I gonna check. Anyway here’s archive of the weirdness with links to OPs if anyone wants to. Nice mid 00s domain name too

http://www.demon-sushi.com/warning/

FF house is spread across a ton of different places across the internet. Last time I looked after it changed to the Suikoden cult it morphed into a more general cult for awhile.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I like that this url exists in the talk page for “Human Penis:”

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

If anyone saw my post about the Sammy Hagar Forums, today I learned there is a David Lee Roth Forums:

Edit: Don’t go there it’s mostly actual Nazis.

TheMightyBoops has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Mar 2, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

I am so god damned offended long piece got that.

You can’t t-spin a long piece.

In fairness it was a poll of the people and the Grand Masters were underrepresented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

I'd love to hear more about all of these; I knew folks who cared about those dramas, but participated in neither community significantly so I never really knew the depths.

I don’t know too much about the communities, but the forums seemed more dead than usual last time I went to grab new wads like last year unfortunately.