Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Post about interesting stuff that's happened on forums.

Here's one I like: https://www.michiganreefers.com/threads/the-bobbit-worm-chronicles.84173/ - a guy was setting up a home reef aquarium, bought a big nice natural rock, and there was a horrible little alien worm in there that crawled out to eat his collection over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Grassy Knowles posted:

I knew some tcc posters who graduated to bluelight in the late aughts and you’re not wrong, but if we want to talk the worst drug posting we must discuss the rollerskating self-loving mess that I think was from drugs-forum.com (SWIM stands for someone who isn’t me and definitely always means “me actually”)

:nws: :nms:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there were long arguments about whose penis and vagina got to be used as the official wikipedia image of penis and vagina

I want to say that this specifically was a front of the circumcision wars for a bit.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

UwUnabomber posted:

I've known of Darrick Dishaw since I was 16 years old. He's a laughingstock in online left-hand path religious communities and namesearches himself every ten seconds. He honest to God is probably gonna show up in this thread if we keep talking about him.

Anyway he used to post those Satanic invocations on myspace constantly and was thrown out of the Church of Satan for trying to involve the actual literal devil and not just a contrarian metaphor. He also believes Cthulhu is Satan and Lovecraft was like an Edgar Cayce- style sleeping prophet. Even if you're into all that he still a nuisance who shows up to defend his idea of devil-worshipping cosmology anywhere you dare criticize his (horrendous) book, The Slimy Green Bible. There's a book about Cthulhu worship called When the Stars Are Right where the author (Cthulhusattva) refers to Darrick in a footnote as "an awful little man from Wisconsin."

Also he shaves his head and his goatee specifically to look like Anton LaVey.

i do not think you came close to crossing any lines here but id like to suggest for the thread's consideration that we only post about stuff that happened online and stay away from following personalities in favor of following stories. i want to have a big difference between this thread's mission and helldump/kiwifarms/etc, and seeing some guy's name here made me worried even if he posts it everywhere. what's a good line for us to draw on this, thread