Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Eifert Posting posted:

^^^^
There's an athletic article with quotes from both Red bulls and FCC personnel saying everything that happened was totally routine. The refs union openly lied about several aspects of the investigation while the investigation was ongoing and one of the three parties that got to witness the evidence is also saying that the refs union is lying.

lying about what? That's kind of key and the PA statement very carefully does not say!

We might be reading different articles, because the main points of contention I've seen in the reporting are "was he acting aggressively?", or "was he forcibly removed by security, or did team staff come get him, or did he leave on his own", or "was he carrying a pizza or a burger when he was there", absolutely none of which are relevant to the fact that he shouldn't have been there at all

He'd already earned 1 game for the yellow card accumulation, then once he went down there to confront the refs at all instead of stewing in his locker room and then getting on the bus, he baked in at least the other two more regardless of who you believe about the rest of it.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My question to you is why do you believe the refs union who:

* Is known to have lied about him being forcibly removed
* Is known to have lied about stadium security being involved
* Went out of their way to circumvent the closed investigation by publicly airing their grievances during
* Whom multiple parties present at the time indicated exaggerated or falsified information in their claims both to the public and in their internal reports

Over the players union?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

lol come on

Nobody disputes he was in the ref locker room and he shouldn't have been there, if the refs' statements about aggressive tone or whatnot had been taken at face value the suspension would have been worse.

see, for example, my team's coach getting five games literally today for making a joke in a press conference about who would have been the prime suspect if the ref had been found in the river.

there's no conspiracy, Miazga is just a dumbass. Great defender (by MLS standards anyway), still a dumbass

Imagine defending referees, dumbass.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Eifert Posting posted:

My question to you is why do you believe the refs union

My entire point is that it is not relevant who is lying or who to believe, because the parts that all parties agree on are bad enough to earn dude three games, which is why he got only 3 games instead of the 5 Sartini got for making a bad joke on video, or the 6 Dempsey got for ripping up the ref's notebook in the USOC

If you're Pat Noonan's burner account, feel free to put that league/ref screwjob narrative on your locker room clipboard before Saturday, but otherwise please actually read the things I am writing like "regardless of who you believe" or "if the refs had been taken at face value the punishment would have been worse" before asking that question

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 1, 2023

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I would still like to know what the gently caress Bruce did to completely collapse the Revs season and organization

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Gigi Galli posted:

I would still like to know what the gently caress Bruce did to completely collapse the Revs season and organization

I simply have to assume it's one of the big two: A big gamer word clusterwhoops or sexual assault.

Obviously I don't know the man but, both seem plausible and his statement (and the rest of the team's silence) feels like one of those.

If someone with insider knowledge came to me and knew FOR SURE that is wasn't something like that.... Iunno, he told Johnathan Kraft to go gently caress himself?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I've been gone for the past two weeks so just now catching up on the news but NYRB apparently have a verbal agreement with Emil Forsberg? Wasn't expecting that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Ah, the 3252 finally found out after loving around on Saturday.

What a shame, so anyway

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

whypick1 posted:

Ah, the 3252 finally found out after loving around on Saturday.

What a shame, so anyway

I can't wait to see the commercial Apple TV cuts using the footage of the offending flares.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pigma_Micron posted:

I can't wait to see the commercial Apple TV cuts using the footage of the offending flares.

exactly fuckin’ this

also lol amateur hour down there

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://twitter.com/thesoccerdon/status/1665547133980663808

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

yellow and black smoke smell the worst lol at dealing with that the entire match.

the TA has to put our smoke bombs in special buckets and it can only be certain folks the FO gives the OK to for “safety reasons”. really is novel how different poo poo is in every stadium.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

the escape goat posted:

the TA has to put our smoke bombs in special buckets and it can only be certain folks the FO gives the OK to for “safety reasons”. really is novel how different poo poo is in every stadium.

which I guess is why LAFC got fined and your lot haven't lately? If the bits I've read about the smoke delaying kickoff for 10-20m were actually true then, um, yeah that might be going a bit far

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 7, 2023

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

which I guess is why LAFC got fined and your lot haven't lately? If the bits I've read about the smoke delaying kickoff for 10-20m were actually true then, um, yeah that might be going a bit far

I don’t think our FO got fined for our flares at RSL, I’m talking the goal celebration smoke bombs (looking at that Scorpion display Garber tweeted about) we use that seem to be what those supporters had in that display.

I’m guessing the fine only happened because it made the pitch unusable for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
OK, I guess I'll post the offseason thread then