Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I love that tiny, tiny man. I've seen him play a dozen or so games on broadcast and I always assumed the camera made him look smaller. That is 100% not the case and if anything he looks smaller live.

Just a tiny little football dude running around stunting on everybody. Talking mad poo poo at the officials while staring directly into their belly button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Players Union statement on the Miazga discipline is pretty wild.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's 100% transparently a screwjob.

People are talking like FCC has known for days but they had miazga practice with the starters yesterday.

This same organization is advocating for the ability to time players out for 10 minute intervals with the exact same level of oversight (zero) they've been shown to have here. It's a transgression for them to be able to suspend a player like this. Saturday could go down as the biggest game in FCC's history for another 20 years and they're going to be missing their second best player on a clear hit job perpetrated by the same organization who gets to judge the game.

And then insult to injury the president of the referees Union goes out of their way to threaten the current head coach of the year for complaining about it. Mob poo poo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^^
There's an athletic article with quotes from both Red bulls and FCC personnel saying everything that happened was totally routine. The refs union openly lied about several aspects of the investigation while the investigation was ongoing and one of the three parties that got to witness the evidence is also saying that the refs union is lying.

My frame of reference for a professional sports league is the NFL. I thought that a certain degree of bad behavior had become normalized for me. This is wild.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 30, 2023

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My question to you is why do you believe the refs union who:

* Is known to have lied about him being forcibly removed
* Is known to have lied about stadium security being involved
* Went out of their way to circumvent the closed investigation by publicly airing their grievances during
* Whom multiple parties present at the time indicated exaggerated or falsified information in their claims both to the public and in their internal reports

Over the players union?