Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I am so done with the Lalas Aboubakar Experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Dallan Invictus posted:

All this happening the week before a home Trafico with the fanbase in open revolt, LAFC as defending champions and bodying teams left and right, and no other games that day so we can all watch?

:yeshaha:

They didn't body the Rapids. :smug:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Since we're currently without a MDT:

Dallan Invictus posted:

Don't get me wrong it was exciting as goalless draws go, just also maddening. Your guys know how to defend and sprung some dangerous counters, chapeau.

Apple absolutely need to fix their poo poo re spoilers though (also their Android TV app while they're at it, though since I do most of my watching after the wife goes to bed I'm usually in my desktop browser anyway).

Well good to hear, hopefully Rubio gets his groove back soon. If Abubakar is actually playing better this'll be the second year in a row I've reverse-whammied someone, last year was Rubio before he started scoring (hopefully that wasn't just from playing beside Zardez).

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

G-Hawk posted:

Its also been a pretty long time since we've had an expansion team that was an ill-advised failure - chivas usa, rest in peace. Even Inter Miami with their dumb name and high levels of bad management is drawing decent attendance in a notoriously bad market for sports attendance and lots of the recent expansion sides have been pretty big successes on multiple levels.

To be clear i'm skeptical pro/rel is a thing anytime soon or probably ever but who knows. I think at best theres a limited, closed 2 division style system but I don't neccessarily see why that happens versus just more parallel divisions/conferences. MLS Next pro is also kind of a wild card at the moment, I'm not sure the league knows quite what to do with it, they've had big talk about expanding it into more markets and having more unaffiliated sides in it. St Louis used it in an interesting way but i'm generally skeptical how far they can get with it in terms of fan appeal versus just a place for reserves to play. But be it MLS, next pro, or USL for that matter more teams, more soccer stadiums seems like a generally good trend and there isn't really any reason to think we've run out of places in the U.S. and Canada for professional soccer teams to exist.

also if anyone ITT doesn't have it

https://twitter.com/worldsoccertalk/status/1657350203551129600

Thanks, just grabbed this and watching 360 until the Rapids match starts, me likey.

EDIT: Aw gently caress, ads?

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 14, 2023

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

gently caress, Max suspended by the Rapids after match-fixing (supposedly intentionally getting a yellow for gamblers to cash a bet).

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...ring-in-brazil/

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

I don't think that will be quite enough to lure him...

...player-manager-governor on the other hand...

Now I'm imagining Messi livestreaming playing Victoria 3 and doing all the moves. It's got trains!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

threeagainstfour posted:

loving finally. My understanding is that he met revenue targets set by AEG and that was enough to keep extending him even after he masterminded the worst finish in club history in 2017 and got caught this past off season for literal cheating done in 2019. Not “the league bends the rules for the Galaxy” cheating, but actual off the book payments to Christian Pavon to avoid having to make him a DP cheating.

Guy absolutely destroyed the Galaxy as a competitive club in the league. Hopefully AEG hire someone to take over for him that actually cares about building a competent and competitive club.

Wait, you're telling me the group who ran the Rapids as an inroad to getting an entertainment venue valued revenue over results at Galaxy? hosed up if true.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Somebody please make Galvan take an anger management class while he's suspended (again).

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

To think I was starting to entertain the thought of Jozy coming in to replace Zardez in the preseason. Good thing the front office didn't read my mind, we'll just bed in our kids instead thank you very much.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Huh, I didn't know Daniel Chacon (Costa Rican international, started in their WC win over Japan) was in Rapids 2. They just signed him to a pro contract and loaned him out to Alajuelense. Not bad, but being a CB at only 155 pounds is a bit worrisome, somebody get him a sandwich.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Rapids picked up Andrew Gutman for lotsa Garberbux, we really needed a LB so I'm down.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

joepinetree posted:

Latest news out of Uruguay is that Suarez is willing to refund all salaries he's been paid this year to leave grêmio and join Miami. His wife is close to Messi's wife and the ongoing joke is that refunding his salary is cheaper than a divorce.

This is catagorically untrue.

Gremio is in Brazil.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Rapids have been busy as well, offloading Barrios, Bryan Acosta and Anthony Markovich (young LB). Got two 1st round draft picks (lol) and some Garberbux, then picked up https://www.coloradorapids.com/news/colorado-rapids-sign-portuguese-midfielder-sidnei-tavares on loan from Porto.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Gone already, what was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

Chris Armas is Colardo's new head coach because Rapids fans can't have nice things.

:smith: :smithicide: :suicide: